Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hi Friends,

ZKhan when i called Lynn Rasnaka handling Judicial issues regarding by name check status issue. She internally called Emily Evans and she confirmed with Emily Evans. Emily said she is already handling my case.

When i called just a while ago to Lynn Rasnaka she said Emily Evans handles all these kinds of cases.

Don't try calling Lynn Rasnaka for name check status kind of things. Only approach Emily Evans from Senator George Allen's Office.

She is out office today and tomorrow i.e. Friday will be back on Moday.

Hope this information is helpful to everyone who is struggling about Name Check Status especially PeaceInSpirit and BrightStar.

Wonderfulboy
Thank you for the info.
I already sent email to Emily Evans and Lynn at Senator Allen office , but no response yet.
I took infopass appointment for 1/15 next Thursday to check about freaking namecheck.

Wonderfulboy,

Thanks for the information. Did you tried the number you posted? That would be great if we can check status with these numbers, can avoiding to get inforpass.

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

ZKhan when i called Lynn Rasnaka handling Judicial issues regarding by name check status issue. She internally called Emily Evans and she confirmed with Emily Evans. Emily said she is already handling my case.

When i called just a while ago to Lynn Rasnaka she said Emily Evans handles all these kinds of cases.

Don't try calling Lynn Rasnaka for name check status kind of things. Only approach Emily Evans from Senator George Allen's Office.

She is out office today and tomorrow i.e. Friday will be back on Moday.

Hope this information is helpful to everyone who is struggling about Name Check Status especially PeaceInSpirit and BrightStar.

Thanks for the info I will keep this in mind.

Hi Friends,

I called the Verification Status number mentioned. First number is going to a lady's voice mail. She saying leave the name, number, organization and status to find will get back to you. She is not available today. Also she said not available today.

Lets try whether its tomorrow or not.

I took a single appointment on 21st January 2005 to get the EAD renewal on my name. Can me and my wife go with single infopass appointment or do i need to take separate appointment for her also?

I have to get the EAD's for both us renewed, then get the AP renewed for my wife alone.

Our EAD and AP are expiring by Feb 10th 2005.

I am trying to find an infopass appointment for with an immigration officer to check the name status of my application. But nothing is available guys.

If any has one can you please donate me one if they are not using. I desperately want to find the name check status for me.

In the interview i didn't clearly ask the officer whether they didn't receive the name check status from FBI or INS didn't request for name check status till now or INS received the name check status but the officer who interviewed me on that day doesn't have the status.

He said there is no IBS no. something thats the reason i cannot find security check information for you. I don't know why mind became blank there. I got frustrated when the officer said i cannot stamp today. My mind was revolving around that. I didn't question him correctly. Even if i asked also he is not active and dynamic to give answers too.

Any way let me try daily guys.

Wonderfulboy,

Based on your statement, there is no IBS #, probably means that your name check has not been requested yet, that's why they cannot locate your name check status, and the officer said it's not available. That's my guess. Because, otherwise, he can locate your name check status on his computer, either pending or no record. So, when you go to the office, make sure to ask them when it's requested.

good luck

Hi PeaceInSpirit,

Thats what i said. I didn't what kind of situation is it in

1) Whether INS didn't request FBI for name status check
2) INS requested FBI sometime before but FBI didn't complete the job
3) INS requested FBI completed and gave the report but the officer doesn't know some IBSXXXX to retrieve the status may be.

I didn't ask him where exactly the situation is.

1) Whether requested FBI about security check or not?
2) If yes when did they requested for it?
3) How long does it take to get it?
4) If its there with some other officer then why is it available during the time of my interview?
5) If this is the case how soon i will be called for stamping?

Thats where my situation is. Can we just go to the office without any infopass appointment or i am going on 21st January about renewing EAD's and AP's for me and my wife. I took an infopass appointment for that. Can i handle at that point of time?

Wonderfulboy,

You can ask anything with one infopass, that's my experience. Last time, I went to ask the status about my EAD, I also asked him my I-485 status. As long as he/she is patient enough.

I will try best to accomodate that in the same appointment.
Meanwhile i will try if i can find an infopass appointment also. Thanks peaceInSpirit.

Apart from Sending Priority Mail to FBI and sending emails to Emily what else are you doing? Your case is interesting for your husband they got no record for you they still need to request the status check to FBI right?

Wonderfulboy,

In my case, my husband is all set, but since he is depedening on me, his passport cannot be stampt until my name check is done. So, the only thing we can do is waiting. Waiting FBI to send back the result of my name check. How to triger FBI to do sth on my name check is another issue though. My lawyer said she already sent out an inquiry to FBI, but don't know if they will pay any attention on it. I also fax the Privacy Act Request form to 202-324-3752 to get my FBI record, if it returns to ne "no record", I may use this to complain more to their delaying.

Hi guys,

Congrats! to both of you for ... try to get infopass appointment between 4.45PM - 5.30PM. (Mon-Fri). Yes, you need only entry to the INS then you can ask as many as questions to the officer....

Best of luck for the Name check

Thanks

Hi wonderfulboy,

We (& My wife) went with two separate App.s on same time(15 min. Apart), the lady at counter told me one APP. is enough for whole family and she canceled the other one.

Thanks...
wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

I called the Verification Status number mentioned. First number is going to a lady's voice mail. She saying leave the name, number, organization and status to find will get back to you. She is not available today. Also she said not available today.

Lets try whether its tomorrow or not.

I took a single appointment on 21st January 2005 to get the EAD renewal on my name. Can me and my wife go with single infopass appointment or do i need to take separate appointment for her also?

I have to get the EAD's for both us renewed, then get the AP renewed for my wife alone.

Our EAD and AP are expiring by Feb 10th 2005.

I am trying to find an infopass appointment for with an immigration officer to check the name status of my application. But nothing is available guys.

If any has one can you please donate me one if they are not using. I desperately want to find the name check status for me.

In the interview i didn't clearly ask the officer whether they didn't receive the name check status from FBI or INS didn't request for name check status till now or INS received the name check status but the officer who interviewed me on that day doesn't have the status.

He said there is no IBS no. something thats the reason i cannot find security check information for you. I don't know why mind became blank there. I got frustrated when the officer said i cannot stamp today. My mind was revolving around that. I didn't question him correctly. Even if i asked also he is not active and dynamic to give answers too.

Any way let me try daily guys.

Hi friends,

Thank you all wellwisher2002, PeaceInspirit, Save_intvu, adnamj, zkhan etc. You are making my spirits high.

I am going to focus on both renewing EAD and AP for me and my wife.

Also very importantly i am going to ask about the name status check and the situation of our 485 application.

I don't know how much they can cooperate but.

Let's see.

brightstar said:
Wonderfulboy
Thank you for the info.
I already sent email to Emily Evans and Lynn at Senator Allen office , but no response yet.
I took infopass appointment for 1/15 next Thursday to check about freaking namecheck.

can you gime mrs evans e mail?...she's enquiring about my case. I would like to check the status.

thanks

wonderfulboy said:
Hi Friends,

that status verification number is for employers to call and verify if an alien is legal or of the work authorization is a valid one.

can u please gime me mrs evans e mail, I faxed my case info to her on dec 28 and she told me to call back on jan 6th 2005. she's not at her office so if poosible i want to send her an e mail...thanks wonderfulboy and may your name check be cleared asap.

daniel
I-485/140 eb3 RD 04/15/04
I140- AD 08/05/04 no RFE
I-485 transfer to wash dc office 08/05/04
interview???????
AD???????

Question

Just a curious question for those who have been interviewed. Did your interview notice list recent paystubs as one of the required documents for the interview or just W2s for the past 3 years or both?

for NOAVGUY

Yes! mine asked recent pay stubs , i took 3 years of pay stubs with me , and she verified , wasnt necessary to take all those paystubs , but i had all saved and make one copied file for her , she alttatched them with my file along with
3 years of tax return , it also showed my part time pay stubs and joint file returns , she didnt object for working part time ,...take as many doc asu can

Ok. Thanks for your response adnamj. My notice only mentioned 3 years W2 and an updated employment letter but my lawyer is asking me to take 6 months paystubs as well. My assumption is if they wanted to see paystubs they would've put it on the list of required documents. My interview will be next week. I am hoping this will be the end of this journey.