Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Thanks guys!!

Thanks a lot guys!! Isn't this forum so nice? A very big thanks to Mr. R. Khanna!!

mmangu

Desparate1,
My 2nd FP is scheduled for 1st week of Sep too with the interview on Nov 5th... Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope Geecesaga also got his interview date as he/she was also transferred to local on the same date as mine....

goodluck

I am afraid not Swaiting we are yet waiting for our interview to be scheduled. I am trying to go through Rick Boucher's office see if that works out for me.
Else in october 7 months get up and I'll ask my hubby to pay another visit to the Arlington office to see what's going on.
My lawyer is surprisingly optimistic and says we should hear something soon.

desperate1, Va_Transfer,
The FP notice says to go to this address :
Application Support Center
5838D North Kings Highway,
Alexandrai, VA 22303.

The website gives the address for ASC as :
8850 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA 22309-1586

Where should one go ? As per this thread, 8850 Richmond Hwy is the correct address. mmangu and jarjar seems to have had the same problem...

Can anybody share their latest experience on this ??

thanks

GeeCee Saga,

I don't think contacting Senator/congressman will help to expedite case. I started to believe that contacting US Congressman will make more delays, probably that might be the reason for delaying my case. I have read somewhere in this forum that when senator's office makes an inquiry, they pull up the file and it stays on the clerk's table for a while and put it back on the bottom of the self. I'm not sure how true it is but I could not find any other reason for delaying on my case. Visiting their office every three months would be a good idea.

fikabir

I had a short interview. But the officer
said they are still waiting information
from FBI. There is no certain time frame.
Everything else seems ok. The officer
accepted the old medical copy. I have to
keep waiting.

Is your case transferred after RFE or just transferred directly to the local office?
What kind of documents do they ask you for interview?
I received RFE(EB1 OR). I am not sure about next step?
Will it be transferred or get approved?
Thanks for answering

va_transfer,
I feel your pain. this is ridiculous. After 2 yrs of filling 485, they are still waiting for some info from FBI is unbelievable...

goodluck

Hi GeeCee saga,

The Richmond Hwy address is the correct one (my husband did his fingerprint last week. They have moved to this new location since march.

Good luck to all

desparate1

desperate1,
You wrote earlier that your FP was scheduled in Sept 1st week ? So did your husband go earlier ? Could who share the experience ie wait time etc when he went there.. I have to do my FP and EAD pickup the same day so was little curious about the wait times at both places..

thanks

Hi SWaiting,

Our FP was scheduled for two different days, although our interviews are on the same day. Also, they set a specific date for him, while I have one whole week to do the fingerprint!! His was as easy as 123! It took him less than 5 minutes! When he went there, he was the only one in the building! They just checked his ID and did the FP.

Most probably I'll go there this coming tuesday. Good luck to you too!

Desparate1

Transferred to D.C. Office

Friends

My case has been T'ed to Arlington Office on July 28th.
No RFE
PD 10/2000
RD 1/2003
ND 1/2003
TD 7/2003

Any Idea how long it might take, any informartion would be greatley appreciated

Good Luck to All who have been waiting

Thank you

desperate1, i got the FP done yesterday too. Now waiting for the interview.

fikabir,va_transfer : thanks for your responses for the EAD interview.. I went there today (3 weeks after the appt date) and didnt had to wait a min. Went in at 8:10 am and was out with the card in 15 minutes...

Reds : The interview can happen anytime from 8-12 months from transfer. This thread will give you idea how long it took most of us to get the interview date after the transfer....

Rajivghatak, GeeCeeSaga,

Any update for the interview letter? Mine is almost a year since it is transfered. I'm planning to visit Arlington office first week of October.

fikabir

arlington office

applied for AOS january 2002 (transferred from another office because I moved from another state )
FP september 2002
interview december 2002
as today 09/17/2003 still waiting..anybody who recently got approved??

Received interview and fingerprinting dates

Dear All,

FYI. A few days back, I received an interview letter for myself and my wife to take place early March, 2004. A fingerprinting notice is also received for the week on November 11, 2003.

Take care,

SQ

RD: Nov 21, 2001
RFE: May 2003
TD: June 19, 2003
ID: Mar 2004

Hello All
I received an interview and fingerprinting date.
I need to get finger printed in the week of the 20th of October. I have been given a range of dates when I can go.
I have to get my medical done again. They haven't asked for it but they have asked for papers int he interview.
My interview is scheduled on 2nd december 2003.
Fikabir if you get a chance call me on my cell phone.
My EAD renewal was also fast. I applied for EAD renewal on August 9th and got my approval by Sept 19th. Had to go today for picture taking didn't get a chance. Will do it on any other Wednesday at 8.00AM.
Papers required
Last 3 years tax returns
Papers showing current employment
Papers showing that my hubby and I have resided together for the last 2 years.