Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

va_transfer, mmangu,

Thanks.

I talked to the Senator's office recently. They said they have already made too many inquirees for me and no news yet. Do you think too many inquirees from senator office have any adverse effect?

Hi my I-485 has been transfered to Arlington on 25th april 2003

(nov 2001 rd)

It looks like they have finished FBI check already. Does that mean
I'll get the interview faster than people whose cases were
transfered before this new FBI clearence rule? Please give your input for this situation.

:confused:

IK:

IK:

I don't think the local office has anything to do with FBI checks.
All they do is look you in the eye and make their decision.

The severe delays at Arlington office are due to the fact that it also handles asylum and refugee cases (these are handled by very few local offices). So we are just unlucky to be assigned to Arlington.

But cheer up. If you were a asylee, your adjustment of status would have taken 11 (eleven) years (after asylum has been granted).
(just thought I'd brighten your day)

not an asylee

Mine is EB-1 case. I currently live in NJ. I am thinking of requesting
transfer to NJ office. Has anyone got idea about whether this is possible or has been done before? During the time of 485 filing I had to change my apartment and hence gave my friends address in va as permonent. Later I was worried about changing
address because my lawyer said that complicates. But ended up like this!!

Thanks

ik

from this forum, it seems NJ is much faster. (in
a couple of months) assuming you can let arlington
transfer your file quickly, you probably can get
interview faster here. besides, arlington requires
proof of residency, either driver's license, phone
bill, or lease for interview.

My husband went to the Arlington office to inquire about our case. The female IIO was very cordial. Here are some of the takeaways from the interview.

1. The booth closes at 9.00Am after that they will not give you a token to speak with IIO. So you should go much before that as there is a big line.

2. They are processing by reciept date, not transfer date nor notice date.

3. Family based applications have a priority over employment based applications. They are not sure themselves when our file will be scheduled or what our wait period might be, because of this.

4. Current processing time is greater than 20 months from RD as per the IIO.

5. When asked her about why RD's after ours have interview scheduled she said that it was probably a processing glitch.

Good Luck All!!!

Hi va_transfer,

Thanks for posting some useful info. My case was transferred March 2003 to Arlington. MY RD is 2/2002 at VSC. However I moved to
San francisco last year June. I did not change address on this case, on my Lawyer's advice that it could take longer/file may get lost.
Based on your post though, what is your opinion on getting my case transferred here to SF? Also the proof of address if they ask, could be an
issue, since I have my friend send over INS mails to me!. Please advise.

thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from this forum, it seems NJ is much faster. (in
a couple of months) assuming you can let arlington
transfer your file quickly, you probably can get
interview faster here. besides, arlington requires
proof of residency, either driver's license, phone
bill, or lease for interview.

anandsub:

It could possibly be a risk if you can't
show the interview officer that you are
living in Arlington. I got the impression that
they are very strict about residency requirement.
I saw people being turned away and handed an
address change form even when they moved
from VA to MD and went there just for inquiry.

to anandsub

Hi I am also having the same problem. I live in NJ and my file is in Arlington. I am thinking of transfering it to NJ. My worry is if NJ
prople refuse to get it transfered, it is going to be a mess. I talked to my lawyer. He told me that we have to write to Arlington
to get it transfered. But when I talked to Arlington office, they told me to ask my local BCIS (NJ) to put a request through the system and get it transfered. I am worried (since I came to this country!). I'll let you know the progress.
ik
I am yet to get the transfer letter.

Thanks. In your case atleast you are within the Service center area.

My lawyer told me the same thing as to send a letter to the Arlington office to get the file transferred!. I am sure of one thing. No one knows what is the correct procedure!. Let me know if you are successful in transferring the file by sending a letter..

Thanks

Hi Anandsub,

I went to Newark office and told them to transfer my case from
arlington. They took change of address and they asked my
DOB, what type of case (I-485) and A#. They said they will try to
do something about it. I am not sure this will work. I have sent a letter to Arlington asking them to transfer my case to NJ. Regarding advance paroll and EAD, looks like they may isuue AP but EAD is going to a problem. I am working with EAD. What a mess!!
Please let me know about you situation.
Thanks
ik

ik,

I actually consulted this lawyer(forum owner) and he said send request letter to Washington DC office on my change of address to CA. But it is ok to keep the file there, since my company is within the Vermont Center Jurisdiction.

I am sending this letter today, hoping they WILL NOT transfer my case to CA, since I really dont want to get my file lost!!

Keep you posted.

thanks

Hi anandsub,
I am not sure about what you are saying. Why would they keep your file at Arlington if you live in CA? I think even for finger printing they schedule it near your present address. I may be wrong. In fact I sent letter to both service centers requesting transfer. I also worry about losing both of our files or one of us during precess. Hopefully things workout fine for all of us!
ik

Hello all!

My I485 was transferred to Arlington on 3/19/03. I am going there in person this coming Saturday. I will keep you updated if I can get any kind of news.

VSC RD: 10/29/01
FP: 3/27/02
TD: 3/19/03
Approval date??????????????????????????

Good luck to all

Desparate 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Va_Transfer,

I'm still waiting for the interview letter. Do you think contacting senator delayed my case! One of my friend got interview letter after 12 months. I don't know what happend to my file.

fikabir

hi all

I need your help regarding this matter,please response everyone.

On form , one question was "Have you ever been arrested,cited or detained by law enforcement officer for any reason?"

How many forum members mention the "Minor Traffic Ticket" such as REd light cross, speeding ticket, no right turn" ?

please response everyone in this forum.

thank you for your response ,

regards

kogan

Hi fikabir,

I am not sure if calling the senator's office has delayed your case. I wanted to do the same thing at a time but my lawyer said by doing that, they will pull out my file, review it again and make the same decision that I neded to be i/v like every one else. This procedure will take a while and this way I will lose my Original turn for the i/v since my file will be put back at the end of the line again!

She is even telling me that if I go to AR in person, I shouldn't fill out the inquiry application. It is going to do the same thing and I will lose my turn. I don't know how true it is, but don't lose hope! We are all on the same boat!
By the way, what does REF stand for?

I went to Arlington today!

Hello All,

I went to Arlington local office this morning to get some info on my case (I485 throuh employment):

VSC RD10/29/01
ND: 12/9/01
FP: 3/17/02
RFE: Jan 2003 (Employer's letter, 3 months pay stubs, last yr's W2)
Trx to AR 3/19/03
AD? (I am hoping in 2003)

I was told that they are schdeuling I/V for the files that have been sitting in Arlington "since 2002 and YEARS AGO!".

They now have I/V dates open for Nov/Dec 03.

The officer told me our case has been assigned to a clerk and we will probably hear about our I/V date by the end of 2003 or early 2004.

They may sched the I/V up to a few months after the I/V notice date.

After the I/V, the officer can legally wait up to 120 days before making a decision.

On day 121, I legally have the right to enquire about the status of my case.

Just wanted to keep you updated!

Good luck to all
Desparate1

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Notice Letter

Hello all,
My transfer date is 2/28/03 to Washington local office.
I have applied for 2nd EAD last month also.
Since then I have moved out of VA, even though I still have VA licence.

a) Does the US Post forward INS mail to the new address too ? As i know the EAD will be mailed not to the lawyer but to my old home address in VA.

b) Does any body know if the Interview notice from Washington office is sent to the lawyer or to the home address ? The transfer notice from Vermont in March came to the lawyer directly ..

appreciate the help in advance.