Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

senate.gov

jhawilla said:
How do I contact my Congressman in Boston? Any phone number? I wanna complain about my letter interview delay (since Jun 24, 2004)
Go to senate.gov. Punch in your zip code and you will get the congressman for your area.

GC interview

:eek:
What u folks understand for EXTENDED REVIEW ?? My I-485 is in BOS since Jun 24, 2004 and I`m wating for a interview letter. I went there today and the lady told me that I have to wait a few more months, bcause my case just got in the extended review now on September 2nd. What that means?
Did anyone here had this b4??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know the same think , mine is in Boston since sept 14 2005
Boston SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!
IDIOTS

jhawilla said:
:eek:
What u folks understand for EXTENDED REVIEW ?? My I-485 is in BOS since Jun 24, 2004 and I`m wating for a interview letter. I went there today and the lady told me that I have to wait a few more months, bcause my case just got in the extended review now on September 2nd. What that means?
Did anyone here had this b4??

Has anyone received plastic card in 5 months?

My interview occured on Jun 8 and was approved then. When I entered into JFK in the beginning of Oct and asked why I hadn't received anything after then, the officer let me file I89 form and take pictures again(apparently they lost my files or couldn't find it). However, I still haven't received anything .

GC game

Me too. In Oct I went to the JFK and got surprised, just a few people inside, like a half dozen, more peopleworking insidethecounter than inquirers.My opinion is that bcause we don`t have visa numbers available, so they just stop doing everything on the retrogression day-oct 1st.
I went there, bcause my GC interview never cames, since JUN 2004. After I showed my pappers ,the rpresentative looked in his computer and told me that my case was in a diferent place for EXTENDED REVIEW and he wouldn`t say how long I have to wait. Also, he gave me a blank papper and a pen and asked me to fill up with my questions, name, address. Silly job. They`re just playing with me now. They already took my $1000, and don`t wanna give me what they promise.

Rqtang

I filled out the I-89 (signature and index FP) and gave the interview officer 2 PP photos. She said card will arrive in 3 weeks. It is now 4 wks and no card. Is this usual?

Interview in Boston- Game is over

jhawilla said:
Me too. In Oct I went to the JFK and got surprised, just a few people inside, like a half dozen, more peopleworking insidethecounter than inquirers.My opinion is that bcause we don`t have visa numbers available, so they just stop doing everything on the retrogression day-oct 1st.
I went there, bcause my GC interview never cames, since JUN 2004. After I showed my pappers ,the rpresentative looked in his computer and told me that my case was in a diferent place for EXTENDED REVIEW and he wouldn`t say how long I have to wait. Also, he gave me a blank papper and a pen and asked me to fill up with my questions, name, address. Silly job. They`re just playing with me now. They already took my $1000, and don`t wanna give me what they promise.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yeah, From Jun,24 2004 till now Dec, 05 2005 we waited for interview letter and nothing.
Today we got an e-mail from USCIS :Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 6, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I have no idea what`s going on, but a personal feeling that
no more interview will be conducted, for us Bostonians. This way, I`m just praying for God to receive GC in my mailbox soon.
__ Anybody here has any idea about this??

somne sent back to Vermnont

I'm in the samne situation , first my case was sent to Boston on Sept. 14 2004 ?????? and now on Dec 5th they have it back at Vernmont Center, why?? nobody knows .... we all hope that we are going to get it faster and without interview. I pray God this is the case. What is for sure is that Boston can handle all these cases and send some back to Vermont, the bad part is that it looks that we have to wait again like we just file for. I think is just a mistake.

Hey Everybody :(

I am from NY, and just thought of looking into your thread. After turning our files to the local office for interview, we just got the same surprise, telling us that about 10000 files have been transfered back to the vermont service center. And the same message, 365 to 540 days to proccess such kind of case ! I have no idea this is for our good or another long delay............. :confused:
Lets hope for the best.
Regards
Ash

Dude, where is my card?

Hi all.
I and my daughter were approved after interview on 10/31/05. At the time of interview, we both submitted I-89 with index FP, signature and 2 PP photos and got our PP stamped (I-551). My daughter (derivative) received her Welcome notice (I-181) and the green card in 40 days and I still have neither. I called 1-800- customer service and they advised me to wait for 60 days. Meanwhile my EAD (4th) got approved on 12/9/05 at the same local office and they sent me a notice asking me to come by and pick it up! What is going on? What should I do? The Online Case Status is still not updated to approved. My daughter had a different receipt # on the I-181, although the alien # is the same.

case transfered to Boston office

Our cases were transfered to boston office on 10/18/2005. So for no notification from boston.....

Interveiw Experience at Boston

Everybody,

I've been using this board to prepare for my Employment based 485 interview. My PD is 06/01/2001 and we got the interview notice in early Jan 06. I went for the interview today and here's my experience.. (My wife already has a GC and I didnt have any other dependents)..

My lawyer came along for the interview. My appt was for 12 noon and we went in Rm E170 around 15 mins prior to the interview. They first made me sign the I-89 and took my index FP (on front and back). The adjudications officer came out and called us in right on the dot.. I was impressed..

The interview was pretty smooth (lasted about 20 mins).. The officer was courteous and after the oath asked for my passport. He then asked questions about my employer - Employment Verification letter and paystubs. He asked me if I had brought the medical records.. I told him that I had already submitted them and sure enuf he found them in his file. Then asked when I last entered the country.. Then he took copies of my passport.. He also asked for my W2 and gave I him photocopies. He took all these documents and put them away in my file. He then asked me the standard questions from the I-485 application .. Have I been arrested, affiliations with terrorist organizations.. etc.. I answered "NO" to all..

That was it.. He gave me back my passport and said that my case was pending the FBI namecheck and once that comes in I should get a letter in the mail to come in for stamping.

I asked him about the timeline for the namecheck to which he said that he really couldnt say..

Hope that helps.. Good luck to everybody waiting.. Hang in there!

Processing Dates for Boston

The processing dates for Boston posted on 02/15/2006 show that they are now processing I-485 cases with receipt notice dates of 09/14/2005. This represents a jump of 9 months or so! The previous date was 12/19/2004, I think.

Since I haven't received anything from Boston since the case was transferred and since my case was filed more than 30 days before 09/14/2005, I called the National Customer Service Center. They submitted a "status enquiry" and supposedly I should get a response within 30 days.

Goagga and others in this forum:
Any idea in how many cases was transfered back from Boston to VSC?
NYC: 10000
WASH DC: 7000

Scanning the NYC,DC,Boston ----> VSC transfers...

Hi Guys,

Like many of you my case has also been transfered from Washington DC to the VSC center after a painful year wait. We clearly have no idea how these cases are being processed, how many they are processing a day or week and if any LUDs are changing on these cases.

So, I was thinking that we should have a tracker for these cases. I was inclined to post this in the NewYork thread coz I see more activity here. We could also try to get the DC and the boston people who are in the same boat to participate in this tracker.

Some of you might be aware that there is a way to scan a batch of EAC numbers against the USCIS servers and find most recent LUDs and message updates. This way I feel that by looking at the results we will know how many when and how these cases are being processed.

So if you guys think its good idea We will need to compile all these EAC numbers transfered from DC , NY and Boston to VSC and scan them 2/3 times a week and see what we find.

I used to do some scanning in 2004/2005 when my case was still in VSC before being transfered to DC office. I still have those files so if we could compile thse case numbers in a couple of files if they are many or in one if they are less than 100 and start scanning them.

I think we should have

1) EAC number.
2) Reciept/Notice dates.
3) DC, NY or Boston.
4) Priority dates and applicable region.
5) date it was transfered back to VSC.

for all the numbers we compile for scanning so that we can see the distribution on processing of these files wrt the above 5 variables.

Waiting to hear from you all.