Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

Interview Scheduled at Different Jurisdiction Region

My I485 based on NIW I140 was transfer to Boston office on Aug. 2, 2004, regardless of our many times of attempt to update our Texas address. We then got fingerprint notices which were scheduled in Boston office on Nov. 5. We did the fingerprint at Houston ASC instead. Now we got an interview notice which scheduled on Feb. 25, 2005, but still at Boston office. My lawyer has filed address change many times, and asked transferring the case to local office, but never work out.

Suppose we went to Boston, they may just say sorry, you have to go back to Texas to do the interview. What should we do, anybody has the same situation? Can people get status adjust at an office of different Jurisdiction Region? I appreciate your inputs.

check with the office

My case was xfered from tsc to boston becos i was not in jurisdiction of tsc to adjunticate my case. That was the reason mentioned in the xfere notice. So for you, you can take infopass appt and go to dallas office and ask them what's best.

Thank you for the infomation, I'll make an infopass appt, could you tell me how long does it takes to tranfer your case from TSC to boston local?

hgc said:
My case was xfered from tsc to boston becos i was not in jurisdiction of tsc to adjunticate my case. That was the reason mentioned in the xfere notice. So for you, you can take infopass appt and go to dallas office and ask them what's best.

Last edited by a moderator:
my rd for 485 is feb'02, my case was xfered to boston local office in apr'04. i got the xfer notice in may followed by my interview letter. i was interviewed in nov'04 and i am now waiting for a decision from uscis.

Please Help

My case got transferred to Boston on June 30. I still have not got the interview letter yet. I recently got transferred to Washington. Can you please tell me how things will work out for me.

Tongtx, I am in a similar situation, could you post the information you get form inforpass? Thanks!
tonytx said:
Thank you for the infomation, I'll make an infopass appt, could you tell me how long does it takes to tranfer your case from TSC to boston local?

The Wait Is Over!!!!

Finally we got our G Cards today. It took around 6 weeks after the interview at local Boston office.

All the best for all of you. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Lot of great guys here, dont loose hopes, all of you will be in my stage soon...

Thanks.

I filed NIW based application at VSC, moved to CA aftewards. Now that my I485 is transferred to Boston Office waiting for interview appointment. Sent in address change forms quite a few times, did my FP in CA, still the file is in Boston... My lawyer does not advise me to move my file, afraid of messup, losing files etc.

zuzuspetal,

I have the same situation. I moved to washington my case got transferred to boston. My lawyer says that you can use AC21 in the interview and tell them you moved to washington. I will just have to wait and see how the interview works out.

Hi, Guys,
We went to San Antonio, TX, and find out our cases are alreay messed up. The cases were transfer to Hoston office, which should be transfered to San Antonio. This messup is probabaly because my lawyer is at Houston. Now we have to go to Houston and straight this issue.

The information so far I got is that eventually they will transfer you case to your physicslly local office. They will see your drivers licence to confirm your location. Even though I do hope to see an exception.

My case is self-petition, not employer-supported petition. I am not sure if it makes a difference in the relevance of the physical location. I'd rather go to Boston than losing my file if transfered.

Interview Letter

My case was transferred on June 30. Still no reply. Can people please post their date of transfer and date of receiving the interview letter so we can relate this to expected dates.

Thanks

its finally over....

Well, finally its over!! Details:

1. PD: May 2000: Labor took two months, I140 took 4 months.
2. Filed 485 in Feb'2002.
3. FTJ for spouse: Mar'2003
4. First FP notice came: Apr'2003
4. Case xfered to Boston: Apr'04
5. Second FP/interview notice: May'04
6. Second FP done: Oct'2004
7. Interview done: Nov'04 (case not approved then). IIO said :
a. security checks pending
b. no visa number available
c. not allowed to give reasons for not approving
d. case can take 1 day to few months but will surely approve this year.
e. should I file ead/ap expiring next year in mar? Yes you should

8. Dec:
a. Sent FBI for name check thro email.
b. Contacted John Kerry: Was useless as staff never got back and also, they were very rude. Just said to my face that she was not available, leave a message. Called 20 times and every time it went to voice mail or the person who handles immigration issue just simply was not taking my call after I said I need immigration related matter help. Was a very bad experience. Will not advise anyone to call kerry office.
c. Took Infopass appt: Met with information officer. First time I was told the case was pending with Supervisor. Second time I was told that it can take few more months.
d. Contacted Congressman Edward J. Markey. Very helpful. Very good response. Told me how long to wait and what to do next if nothing is heard from them. Mid december. they initiated an enquiry.
e. Since nothing was happening, file my h1 extension, EAD for me and spouse, Ap for me and spouse. Spent $$.
f. Filed FOIPA with FBI.
g. Filed a query with USCIS for finding status of case.
h. Called National Customer Service Center and initiated an enquiry for my case.

Jan'05:
One fine day, got two letters in mail. Saying that my application has been granted. The letter was handwritten, so was not sure of authencity although it was on USCIS letter head(but it was photocopied).

Went today for stamping, still wasn't sure that its done. Did a walkin, got the stamping for both, and now I am sure that I AM DONE!!

This forum has been a great support. All the above options I wouldn't have ever imagined without this forum.

I will be hanging around to answer questions.

HGC congrats! sounds like you fought to get it done

I am in a very similar situation. Had interview in October but yet to be approved. Enquired at boston INS and was told to wait. enquired with IIO and waiting for reply.
I have a few questions to you
1) how did you contacted ED Markey? By person or by phone? Please provide me contact info
2) Can you give e-mail address for FBI?
3) Filed FOIPA with FBI. what is this?
d)Filed a query with USCIS for finding status of case. is this national customer service or different?

I highly appreciate your help.
Once again congratulations!
RM2002
RD 11/21/2001

rm2002

Thanks rm2002!
Here are some answers:

For the following questions, go to

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=93273

1) how did you contacted ED Markey? By person or by phone? Please provide me contact info:

http://www.house.gov/markey/

I contacted by phone. Just called, be ready to provide all possible details about your case including a#, receipts # for 485

2) Can you give e-mail address for FBI? fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

To,

The Director, Records Management Division
FBI Headquarters

Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to know if your agency completed any name check request made by USCIS as it relates to I-485 (Application for adjustment of status) for myself and my spouse. Below are our details:

Self:
Last Name:
First Name:
Date of Birth:
Country of Birth:
A #:

Spouse:
Last Name:
First Name:
Date of Birth:
Country of Birth:
A #:

I would very much appreciate your response either by e-mail or fax:
Fax number:
E-mail :

Thanks for your help,

Cell:
Home:

3) Filed FOIPA with FBI. what is this?

search for foipa in the forum. its freedom of information and privacy act. and using this, you can ask fbi if there is any record for your name in their central system.

d)Filed a query with USCIS for finding status of case. is this national customer service or different?

I called NSC as well as I went to local office and filled a query form there. You can take infopass appt and go there. And ask to fill out query form.

HTH