Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

travelling on interview date

Hi Guys,

Our interview is scheduled on oct 28th and we have to attend marriage of a close relative on oct 30th. The marriage is in canada.

I am planning to fly after the interview, the interview is scheduled around 2-3 pm and i am planning to fly on same day around 8.

My canadian visa is expiring 20th octber and i am planning to get is stamped again.

1. What do you guys think can be complications?

2. If I don't get approved on same day, our current status don't get affected?

3. If I am outside the country while my I-485 gets approved, what kind of problems I am in?

4. If I get approved, can I travel to canada on stamped passport, without actual card?

5. Anything else that can make our entry to usa problemetic?

Thanks

Hello SM18
Did you go to Boston office today for enquiry ? What did they ? what dates they are processing ?
Please reply to this message..

Thanks in advance,

No we did not go, due to personal reasons I had to cancel the appointment. We might try again in the second week of Oct.

Hello All,
Just want to update you all that after 41/2 months of transfer to Boston office I have received the interview letter. It is schedule in Feb 2005. Can you believe this ? Again I have to wait for another 41/2 months.

Does anyone know what all documents need to carry for interview ?

The letter says bring all original documents, passport, I-94, medical exam report (if not previously submitted ), documentation of your qualifications for permanent residence and ____________

If your appl is based on an offer of employment, bring an updated offer of permanent employment from the petitioner.

Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks...

Feedback level for 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

thecrown007,
I got a similar letter. Do we also need to take photo copies of all the original documents?

I have another question. My lawyer do not have copy of the medical report.
How can I get one??

--BK

Last edited by a moderator:
bkhote,
What is your interview date and time ? When was your case transferred to Boston ?
After reading posts on this site, I think it is better to take copies also. Also, my lawyer said he does not have original of my I-140 etc. He said he has copies of it, the original is with INS. I don't know the truth.
Regarding medical record, you can call the Doctor's office and ask them to send you copy of medical. That is what I did.

Thanks,

Boston interview

thecrown007,

I received transfer notice in March 04.
Intervies in middle of Oct.

-- BK

Bkhote!

Hello bkhote,

I have my interview scheduled in November 1st week. Can you share your experience, it will be very helpful?

Thank you

Hello hgc and BKhote,
How did your interview go ? Could you please share your experience ? What documents and questions were asked ?

Thank you in advance!
crown

JFK Center timings changed

Hello Guys,

I got an interview scheduled in November second week. I got interview letter in July, 2004. Now, the JFK center timings changed and they are from 7-2pm. My scheduled time is 3.30pm. I dont know what to do. They never sent me an updated letter with new times after the center timings changed.

Any advise, greatly appreciated.

BEWARE: INS changed photo specifications. According to the latest specifications, photo should be front faced not side ones. Please look into www.uscis.gov for details.

Thanks,

Passport STAMPED, HURRAY

FINALLY THE WAIT IS OVER. GOT PASSPORT STAMPED. FINISHED INTERVIEW TODAY AT JFK CENTER, BOSTON. HERE IS MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE:

Went early. No one objects to early entry. Gave interview letter at the counter 2 hours ahead of interview time. They called us after 1.5 hours, which is still half hour in advance to the interview time. Officer is very polite. Took oath first. Then he got us signed a letter which says that there is no lawyer for us. Then saw passport, ssn, EAD. Asked whether i did any of my study here. He latter asked Marriage Certificate, DOB certificate, etc just compared with the originals filed. Then he asked where r u working now. Mine is a straight forward case as i am working for the sponsoring company. He asked the employer letter. Then he asked me the pay stubs. I gave him one he asked me for second. He filed them, did not give them back to me. Mean while he commented on ind-pak relations, we were just nervously smiling. He joked on dowry system and asked my wife how much dowry i took. Thats all. He said, you are all set, you are working for the sponsoring company and we need lot of engineers, i will get your passport stamped.

Now its my wife's turn. He did not ask her much. He asked whether we have kids other than from each other. He checked the last date of entry into USA. Thats all. All 40 minutes. He did not even take the fron facing pics from us. He said wait out side and within 10 min we got our passports with stamping for 1 year. He said it will take 6 months for cards to arrive.

Important things to note: Dont talk more than necessary. If it is AC21 case, be prepared for all genuine questions. Latest pay stubs are mandatory. Going early might get you an early interview.

Feel free if u have further questions.

my I485 was transferred to Boston

As you can see my case was moved to Boston. is this a good news? can anyone estimate for me when I'll be interviewed? How should I take this?

Gabriel

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in BOSTON, MA for processing. Our office in BOSTON, MA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Sign, my case is just transfered to Boston. It has passed more than 4 years from the beginning and most of later cases had holded green cards.

After I read through the whole thread, I still like to ask: How long will it take to have the interview? (my lawyer told me several months, and maybe she just read the information USCIS provided). Several months? 1 or 2, or 7 or 8? I need the general information.

My info:
I485 RD: 12/04/2004
I140 RD: Feb, 2002
LC: RIR EB2 End of 2000

rqtang

My case was transferred in april, i got intervew notices in May for interview in Nov. So after the case xfer, interview in my case was scheduled after 6 months....

I have been in my 485 stages for last three years...others who filed with me, got their gcs 8 months ago from now...

and I am still waiting... I was interviewed but they didn't decide anything on the case... felt it was just like some formality.. But hang on, not everyone's case is alike.