Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

hgc

Thanks for your information. From your formula, I will have interview next summer. :mad:

Anyway, we have to wait there. good luck for you.

I got the interview letter 41/2 months after my case was transferred. My interview is scheduled 41/2 months later. So total is 9 months. It is going to be 3 yrs since I filed 485 and people who have filed after me got their GC long time ago. I have my interview scheduled in mid Feb 2005 for your info. Hence USCIS is unpredictable. You just have to wait no choice.

Another case transferred to Boston

140/485 filed together/recieved/notice date all in April 2003
2 rounds of fingerprint notices / EAD / Adv Parole
Just saw my petition has been transferred to Boston for interview
transfer date - 11/17/2004.

Has anyone gone in to JFK to enquire, would you recommend it?

How much time is this likely to add to my wait, is it 4 months to get a interview letter / 5 more until the interview?

Is this a case of getting selected for special treatment at random, or something more sinister.

Thanks.. I've actually had a really long wait, 1st applied 1998 had trouble with labor at a smaller tech company, changed jobs, etc... just want an end to the wait.

Local Transfer

My Case got transferred to boston on June 30 2004. I took appointment through infopass only to know that they have lot of people in queue so they cant give me time for the interview letter :mad: . Just keeping my finger crossed. Recently my company transferred me to washington can anybody tell me how will that affect my case.

Case (EAC-03-230-XXXXX) got transferred to local office Boston

My case (Subst. Labor/EB2/AC-21) got transferred to local office (Boston MA) yesterday. My lawyer told me that Boston office is NOT doing any interviews on Dec. and that it might take several days before I get the interview notice. So I guess it's the beginning of another LOOOOONG wait. Please let me know the following

1. Does this imply that my FP/Name check/Background check/FBI are all done?

2. How much time will it take after the interview to get the approval?

Thanks much
:) (Truely lost now)

interview does not mean approval

Congrats

For most people, interview==approval but for some it is not. Well, by interview date, your security checks may or may not be complete.

You may get approval right away or if your security checks are pending, it may take a month or more (YBL2 waited for a year).

So hang on, and wait for the interview notice. You should get it by end of december or early Jan.

Hgc,

From above curiousboy's post, his case was transfered in June and still has no interview notice(5+ months passed). Or, we talk about the different things.

As I understand, I should receive the formal notice from Vermont Center about this transfering. Then wait for the interview notice, then go inside for interview. Is this correct?

Everyone is novice and only once for this experience.

We are talking about same thing. If your case is tranferred to boston you should be able to see your case status online that would mention that your case has been transferred for interview. Looks like this is taking way longgggggg now a days.

is this a good news for us bad-luck guys?

12/02/2004: USCIS to Expand Pilot Program to All 50 States and District of Columbia

* USCIS is scheduled to expand the Pilot Program for local green card cases to residents in all 50 states and District of Columbia and provide web access. USCIS requested on 11/30/2004 the OMB to review its notice which it intends to publish in the federal register. Right on, USCIS!!
* Since last April 2004, the USCIS has been testing this pilot program through Dallas and New York district offices adjudicating certain family-based I-130/485 green card applications and other local district office proceedings within 90 days. During the testing period, the applicants in other local district jurisdictions felt the program was unfair to them.
* On behalf of the immigrants across the board and throughout the nation, we "wholeheartedly" welcome the move and salute the USCIS leadership.
* The details have yet to be announced and it is unclear whether the nation-wide pilot program will be a carbon copy of the ongoing Dallas Pilot Program model of 90-day adjudication or it will take longer. However, the immigrant community should send "applaud" to the USCIS leadership.

Boston Office Interview Letter

Please reply if you have recently got the interview letter specifying your transfer date.

Delay in interveiw? : Boston Transfer Case

Please share your experiences,
Got my case transferred to Boston office as of 21 Sep 2004 and have not heard any thing about intereview so far?
Please share you experiences including the interviews if you have one.

thanks,
tundra

Hello tundrakumar,
You should relax and should not worry. I received the interview letter 41/2 months after the transfer date and my interview is schedule 41/2 months later. So total wait for me is 9months. Hence you still have plenty of time to wait. So relax and have fun!

Suppose average 9 months. Do we have any way to speed up this procedure? Or just wait there for interview letter?

Can anybody tell me that whether I should receive a letter from VSC after online message said transfer to Boston?

rqtang

u should receive notice from TSC that they xfered your cast to boston. Also, you will receive fp/interview letter from boston office. usually all this gets done in abt a months' time frame but seems they are taking longer to send out interview notices.

if you have any question abt you case, take infopass notice and talk to iio...

hgc said:
u should receive notice from TSC that they xfered your cast to boston. Also, you will receive fp/interview letter from boston office. usually all this gets done in abt a months' time frame but seems they are taking longer to send out interview notices.

if you have any question abt you case, take infopass notice and talk to iio...
Thanks. Got it and I will check my mailbox more carefully . :rolleyes:

My attorney just called me and discuss my transfered case. She said she thought the waiting time should be between 4 months and 8 months. However, she can initialize the query after 90 days if we haven't received any new information.

My case got transferred on June 30 no reply yet about the interview letter. I took a appointment second time to inquire about my case they said they have a long waiting list and will take long for them to schedule my interview but they did give me the finger printing appointment. Waiting for the interview letter. Please post your exp.

Mine was transferred on mid July, and I received the interview letter on Oct, the interview is scheduled for Feb. 1. It's useless to inquire it in Boston office, I went there three times, nothing positive. I did contact the congressman office, I don't know that helped. I received a call from congressman office about the interview date after I received the letter from Boston office.

Good luck.