Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

received a welcome notice today

looks like the approved files are sent back to the vermont service center after local interviews. i received a notice from VSC today which says "CASE I-181. CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE". it also says i should receive the actual card in about 3 weeks. let's see how long that takes.

Patience 1234

Hi,

I got the same approval notice from VSC on April 24th after receiving a notice from Boston office on April 6th stating that my case is approved on April 2nd.

We received our card y'day on 27th April. You will also receive it very soon.

The guy who mentioned that who didnt receive any approval notice after 1 1/2 year ...... Here is my advice. Go to local office where u took the interview and explain them clearly what happend and surely you will receive +ve information from them very sooner.

All the best !

Guna

case transferred

Hello guys,

My case was transferred to Boston on 26th April from TSC and my rd/nd is Feb'2002.

1. Will my rd/nd be preserved? Based on current estimates, Boston local office is processing Aug'03 cases and I am far far before that date.

2. When should I expect interview call?

Thanks

Hello Guys

My online status shows that my filed is moved to Boston Service Center. I think now the interviews are getting scheduled for November, 2004, but still that is soon considering the wait, finally came to the last stage, :)

Everyone mentions about Employer letter, is there any particular format in which that letter should be? Any specific details they look in that letter?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gunachris said:
Hi,

I got the same approval notice from VSC on April 24th after receiving a notice from Boston office on April 6th stating that my case is approved on April 2nd.

We received our card y'day on 27th April. You will also receive it very soon.

The guy who mentioned that who didnt receive any approval notice after 1 1/2 year ...... Here is my advice. Go to local office where u took the interview and explain them clearly what happend and surely you will receive +ve information from them very sooner.

All the best !

Guna

Congradulations for your approval !!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the advice.

P.S. Sorry I did not answer your message in March: I did not check the board for a couple of months.

Best,
YLB2.

My case transferred to Boston office

I just received the fax from my lawyer. He received the Transfer notice from VSC stating "Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed and it has been transferred to the INS office at Boston.......... "

What does this mean ? Is this normal ? Do I have to worry about it ?

Please reply.. Thanks in advance....

Approved!

Finally my case was approved. I took me more than a year after the interview!

Best,
YLB2.

Congratulations YLB2!!!!

I know you got your interview done even before mine. I had my interview in August and got the card by October end. I am sure it is a big relief for you now. Get it stamped and get the card and forget about it for a long time.

Take care,

Toughdba

Did Any body seen before? Only Spouse (dependent) case got Transferred?

My I-485 case still with VSC with ND: 01/25/03 and only spouse got transferred to Boston 07/29/04. Is it not strange? Not able to understand this transfer to Boston than our local offfice. We are in NY. What got triggred this ? Never changed address and employer.
I have few questions..

1) How much waiting time for getting interview date?
2) Is my case also can get transferred to Boston?
3) What are documents she required?

Thanks in advance

my case was transferred to Boston

My I-485 was transferred to Boston from VSC on August 2nd.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Boston office to send the interview letter?
Has anyone gone through the similar situation? I think my transfer is triggered by change of address.
Thanks!

Mine was transferred on July 12th. Still waiting for interview notice. Today I visited the JFK and was told my file is still with VSC. As I was told, it takes 4 to 6 weeks for Boston to get files from Vermont.

Mine was transferred on 05/07/2004 and still no news from Boston office. No interview letter yet. Planning to go to JFK sometime and find out the status.

Does anyone has Boston office phone number that we could call and find out the status ? Thanks!

Any news from Boston officce

My wife's case has been transferred on 6/7/04 to Boston Officce for interview, any one knows whats the current date or whats the normal time period to get an appointment.

Case transferred to boston

My case was transferred to boston office on 07/30/04 for interview. No news yet. Can somebody tell me how much time it takes to get an interview call.

moonlight11, gchope2, thecrown007, Boston74, curiousboy

Did anybody go to JFK to enquire about your cases?

My Case transferred to boston, took the appointment on 09/20/2004 thru infopass scheduler to speak to a Immigration Officer.

Thanks!

NO, I did not go to the Boston office though I was thinking of visiting one of the day.. Since you r going on 9/20 could you pls update us what they said. How long it would take ? Mine was transferred on 5/7/04 and still no news..
Thanks in advance...

Anyone know congressman contact info in Boston??

In Boston, does anyone know the congressman office that I can contact to inquire about my 485 status? What's the location, phone number or how I can find those information? do they take any inquires, or I have to pass certain criteria , say case pending for certain time, to ask for their help?

Thanks.

Hi GCHOPE2,
Did you visited JFK again to check the status of ur case ?

For all others,
Is it helpful to visit JFK to check the status of the case ? or is it waste of time ? Did anyone visited JFK so far ? Pls respond..

Thanks in advance...

document list for interview?

HI Guys,

Is someone maintaining a list of documents we need for interview?

Thanks