Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

GunaChris,

Typically in boston, you get an interview scheduled between 2-4 months of the transfer. Most transferred cases get their approval and passport stamping on the same day. Card is recieved anywhere between 6-8 weeks after stamping. You will get a "Record created" mail from BCIS and the card will follow within 2-4 days.

There have been some unfortunate cases where they could not stamp the passport because of unavailability of Visa numbers. I dont know how that works. Those people had to wait for quite some time before they got their approval notices.

I havent been coming to this site for a few months now because I change my house and did not have a net connection. Will update this thread with all the Boston transfer cases that I have missed for the past few months.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting and Congratulations to all of you who have got their approval.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Do they mention details in interview notice?

When they send us interview notice, do they mention what document they are looking for or what is the reason they are calling us.
How can we prepare for the interview.?

Thanks
BK

They do mention a list of documents that you should be taking with your for the interview. But they often ask for stuff which wont be mentioned in that list. For me they asked for SSN card. Please reasearch this website to get a list of documents that people have taken with them for interview. I will update the spreadsheet attached with this thread with the list of documents I carried.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Toughdba, Here is the list. Please add more as you find them.

all your origianals
Copies of the originals ( in our case the immigration officer copied herself
whatever she wanted to so I am not sure if you really need to take copies).
Employment letter
Any marketing material from employer if possible(???) not required in our case
Take all your spouse details (if they r working)all work details and paystub
Tax returns
Take your child details (including passport ,Birth certificate...)
EAD
AP
W2
Pay stubs
Marriage certificate
PP/I94(s)
I140
Labor approval
SSN cards

Take two photoes each in case they approve they will need these photoes for GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewed and approved

hi guys,
my case was transferred to boston office about 8 months ago. i went for interview last week. the officer asked pretty routine questions about my job and whether i was working for the same employer.
he took my employment letter, 3 pay stubs and tax return copies. then he told me that background check was complete but he would have to get some paperwork done before he could send me the approval (he mentioned something about state department). two days later i got the approval letter. i am gonna have to go back to the INS office for passport stamping now. i guess my case was randomely selected for interview as i am still working for the same employer.

if you guys have any questions, i'd be glad to answer if i can.

does anyone know how long it takes for the actual card to arrive?

good luck to all.

After your case was transfered to the Local office, how long did it take for you to receive you letter for the interview?

My Case was transfered in Jan 21 2004 and I have not heard anything about my interview yet from the Boston Local Office. Its been more than 2 months now and I am quite concerned. Please let me know

i got the interview date letter in 2-3 weeks after my transfer. but that was quite a while ago. it might be taking longer now. you might wanna check with the boston office though.

patience1234

Congrats!!!

Did you receive one interview letter for you and your spouse or separate letters scheduled at different date and time.

Please let me knwo. Thanks

Boston Local Office Interviews

Does anyone know how long the Boston Local USCIS Office takes to schedule an interview from the date of transfer. I scanned a few past interview cases and found out that it would take not more than 6-8 months for the interview. Does this still stand? Previously, filers received interview notifications within 2 months of transfer. Is this still the case? Please shed some light on this. Please reply if anyone out there is in the process of waiting to receive interview notifications or have interviews scheduled at the Local Boston Office. Please let me know of the current time frames in both the cases.

1. Time frame to receive interview notificaitons after case transfer.
2. Time frame for the actual interview.

Thanks

GC Approved

Hi All,

Received mine and my husband I 485 approval notice y'day in mail. I would really thank you very much for all your help and sharing the news. Great Site.

Thanks,
GunaChris

Plastic Card??

Hi,

Is it must to get stamped in the passport? R can i wait till i get the plastic card? Now-a-days INS is sending plastic card within a month time after approval.

Thanks,
Guna

I have a couple of questions.
My case was transfered on March 5 so it is to early for the interview, I know that. I also know why my case was transfered, it is because I've chnged my employer (using AC21) and correspondent letter had been sent to BCIS in November last year.
The thing that I don't know is what type of question they usually ask people who had changed their employers. I'd really appriciate any information from folks who've beed in this situation before.
Also my wife doesn't have SNN since she never worked she has only her ITIN, is it going to be a broblem? I don't think that it will but want to double check.

To Gunachris,485indiaEB3

Gunachris and 485indiaEB3

Congrats

I did post the same question on another thread with no response or anybody who had similar experince. I hope you guys can answer this .

It seems to me both of you used Ac21.

Regarding the salary what was difference between the one mentioned in LC and in your latest Employemnt Letter.(% wise)

If it is say 100% or more ( the diifference) how do you think the Officer will react.??

I know you can't specifically answer this but since you guys went for an interview just wanted to know your thoughts.

TIA
hmd

AC21

Hi,

Officer will notice the following things.

1. Whether you changed your company after 6 months or not?
2. Also he will check the salary details. (FYI it can be of same salary when u applied ur LC or it can be more but not less than the one mentioned in LC).
3. He will ask you to produce the current paystub & employment later stating all the details.
4. Also he will check whether you are working with the same skills which you have mentioned in LC currently.
5. All other document details please go through the same link previously. Will have all the details what you have to take with you.
6. If you don't have EAD nothing to worry. Only if u want to work u can get your EAD. So it is not a must. So they never even ask anything about EAD. But he may ask whether your wife is working or not. You have to say the proper answer.

Hope i answered both of ur questions.

Guna

Re: AC21

Originally posted by Gunachris
Hi,

2. Also he will check the salary details. (FYI it can be of same salary when u applied ur LC or it can be more but not less than the one mentioned in LC).

Guna

Thanks for your reply

my question was how more the salary can be ?? or it doesn't matter even it is more than 100%.

regarding rest of the stuff it was very nice you to post the details

Thanks
hmd

Salary can be greater

Hi,

My answer says clearly that it should be equal or greater. It doesn't matter whether you got 100% or 200% more. Officer questioned me like this.

My case who applied my GC is company A. But currently working in B. Suddenly on seeing the papers officer asked me " So you got a good offer from the new company and you joined there?". All officers know this reason or company might have laid off me. So they won't worry about that at all.

Hope it is clear now.

Guna