Traffic tickets and naturalization (threads merged)

Ok.. what's with the 10000 :eek: you have on your posts?
Have you noticed that Suzy posts with many Smilies on her post too - does that mean YOU, Suzy, PG2006 are all the same person - because you follow the same style when posting?

Attn: Admin -
For a while now, the Citizenship forum seemed to be doing ok, but now this id "GivemeGcLord" is starting the flame war again. In the best interest of keeping this forum devoid of such nasty posts, Can this person be BANNED right away - if possible a IP ban? Thanks.

givemegclord said:
See , you just proved my point. How you know for sure what suzy want to say? Suzy clearly attacked actual Administrator and went in to hide and using PG id suzy is justifying with weird font and colors her/his attacks on real Administrator .

People like "GiveMeGcLord" are the best example why children and everybody else for that matter, should stay away from drugs... :eek: :D

Poor "GiveMeGcLord" you don't understand anything and see all kind of weird fonts...It looks like the crack boiling in your head is playing tricks to your eyes too :eek: :D :D

joef ,alex are correct that suzy is ...and don't belong to public forums.

The high quality of your English is a perfect match for your logic :rolleyes:

If Suzy "don't belong" to this forum, you, Mr. 10 posts in five years (due to your invaluable contribution) you definitely belong here :D

Maybe it's time to go back to your drug induced hibernation, the frequency of one post every 6 months is the only reason you weren't banned so far...be careful you already posted 3 messages in a row (not to count the 2 ones deleted by the Administrator!!!)...you and your exceptional wisdom are covered for the next 18 months :D

ppl lets move on...even though i have no common grounds with alex,qili.
appreciate their wisdom in staying out....
thanks alex and qili...hope this attitude of their's is contageous....

havefun said:
Can you post that USCIS link or file please for all of us to see?

It is on page # 2 of the n400 instruction booklet under the heading "What Do I Send With My Application?"

It basically says that you do not have to send in any documentation for ....

ocworker said:
on the n-400 instruction (n-400ins.pdf) from USCIS website, Page 2, section under "What Do I Send With My Application?", it says

"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license"

there is no words about you do not have to report the traffic ticket.

Pls quote exact word by word from N-400 instruction to support your statement.

OK smarty, you don't have to print in big fonts to make it sound like you are shouting. You have listed the exact statement that I referred to. Make out whatever you want to. But attorneys at law have confirmed this for me. Do what suits you best.

I can understand you may have a problem in interpreting it properly as English may not be your first language.

During my interview I was asked if I was ever stopped by a policeman. I looked at the interviewer questionaingly, and he said, "for example, DUI, speeding etc." I said yes I was stopped for speeding. He asked if I paid teh ticket, I said yes, he asked when did this happen, I said I have no idea. anything from 2 to 3 years ago and that it was a speed trap. He just laughed, and moved on to other questions.

I am not saying that you should not be prepared. But do not let paranoia get the better of you either.

givemegclord said:
jenimmi, you are such a gem. You ignored all personal absurd attack on me and real Administrators and you accusing me for flame war :eek: .

I was watching this thread for a while, I found interesting the arguments back and forth, pro and contra related to traffic tickets.

Suddenly, out of nowhere you came here, and totally unrelated with what was posted before started to accuse and insult other members.

What's wrong with you?

Why are you trying to start a fight again?

People like you should be banned from this forum.

Disclosing Ticket Information on N400 Form

Greetings All:

I am referring to Section D (Question 17,18) pertaining to any offense. I do have 2 tickets (1 for speeding and 1 for illegal parking at airport). I did convert the speeding ticket to immovable offense by paying double the fine. Do I need to declare this on N400 form.

I have requested for driving report If I do not see any information on report do I need to worry about disclosing this info in the form.

Also I read if the N 400 instruction guide there is no need to send documentation if the fines were less than 500 and not under alcohol or drugs related offense. Am I reading this right ? Do I still need to report but dont send documentation for it - Please let me know.

Enclosed please find instructions from N400 Instruction guide.

For example, if you have been arrested or convicted ofa crime, you must send a certified copy of the arrestreport, court disposition, sentencing and any otherrelevant documents, including any countervailingevidence concerning the circumstances of your arrestand/or conviction that you would like USCIS toconsider. Note that unless a traffic incident was alcoholor drug related, you do not need to submitdocumentation for traffic fines and incidents that didnot involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was afine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver'slicense.

Any input on this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time in advance on this.

Best Regards,
Haresh

this is not a big deal

either way you should be fine. However, I would report this ticket on the n-400 (don't send anything else they don't need it).

If you still have the ticket or receipt of payment for the ticket bring it to the interview. There is a very slim chance that they'll want to see it. If you want to completely cover youself from all angles bring a copy of the ticket/receipt/court document.

I had a ticket 5 hours before the interview time. On the oath form (N-445) it is asking for any moving violation you had after the date of the interview. Hopefully mine doesnt count. Its on the date of the interview.

It was speeding.

no idea if that is holding up my oath ceremony letter

anyways I hope noone will have a similar situation like me. yeah I was worried about the interview and didnt look at the odometer, things can happen.

Just got a speeding ticket - N400 already submitted

I submitted my N400 and indicated the only speeding ticket that I recieved 15 years ago. Other then that 15 year old ticket my driving record was clean.

On the way home today I got a speeding ticket!
I know that I could pay the ticket and bring proof of payment to the interview and that would put it to rest.

Here is the problem.... I want to fight the ticket. The police officer indicated on the ticket that he estimated my speed. He does not have me on radar. The fact is I was NOT speeding. I am confident that in front of a traffic judge I can make my case and have the ticket dismissed.

If my interview comes up before my day in traffic court what will happen? If I tell the IO about my new ticket and that I plan to fight it in traffic court? Will they put my case on hold until this has been resolved? If I indicate to him that I will pay the fine if found guilty will that be enough? (I basically have a perfect driving record and my case is very straight forward)

Or will this delay his decsion until I can finalize this matter?

DR_Z

Hi Dr Z,
It depends on the IO. I had not mentioned my one citation (stop sign violation) in my N-400. I mentioned the citation in the interview, and the IO wanted to know if the citation was related to DUI or Reckless driving. She didnt care as it wasnt any of those. So, no worries. But, do have all relevant information with you at time of interview.

dr_z said:
I submitted my N400 and indicated the only speeding ticket that I recieved 15 years ago. Other then that 15 year old ticket my driving record was clean.

On the way home today I got a speeding ticket!
I know that I could pay the ticket and bring proof of payment to the interview and that would put it to rest.

Here is the problem.... I want to fight the ticket. The police officer indicated on the ticket that he estimated my speed. He does not have me on radar. The fact is I was NOT speeding. I am confident that in front of a traffic judge I can make my case and have the ticket dismissed.

If my interview comes up before my day in traffic court what will happen? If I tell the IO about my new ticket and that I plan to fight it in traffic court? Will they put my case on hold until this has been resolved? If I indicate to him that I will pay the fine if found guilty will that be enough? (I basically have a perfect driving record and my case is very straight forward)

Or will this delay his decsion until I can finalize this matter?

DR_Z

If

(1) You officially contest your citation before the day of the interview
AND
(2) The day of the interview comes before the court day
AND
(3) You do not pay your citation before the day of the interview
AND
(4) You sincerely believe that your chances to convince judge to dismiss the case are very high (this is very important)

then I believe that during the interview you do not have to volunteer this latest citation info. However, if the IO directly asks, you will have to tell the truth. In this case you will need to have with you papers showing that you contested the citation and what is a court day.

Good luck

Interview:April 2005; 1447b:February 2006; Naturalized: May 2006

qim said:
If

(1) You officially contest your citation before the day of the interview
AND
(2) The day of the interview comes before the court day
AND
(3) You do not pay your citation before the day of the interview
AND
(4) You sincerely believe that your chances to convince judge to dismiss the case are very high (this is very important)

then I believe that during the interview you do not have to volunteer this latest citation info. However, if the IO directly asks, you will have to tell the truth. In this case you will need to have with you papers showing that you contested the citation and what is a court day.

Good luck

Interview:April 2005; 1447b:February 2006; Naturalized: May 2006

Good imaginations cooked in your head. You should be writing a manual for IOs and scre the hell of them. Simple traffic tickets are not relevant to naturlization so there is no need to report or mention it in application or interview, nor does the IO care or ask about it. There is no "but' or "if" here. Do as a sane person will do.

Citation and N400

I got a fix-it citation a couple years ago for my tail light being out.

I noted it in my application since it is considered a citation.

I got the problem fixed and the citation was signed off by a police officer and I sent the citation to traffic court.

Do I need to bring anything from the courts in San Jose CA or DMV to the interview to prove that it's dismissed?

Thanks for your advice.

happigal

They are interested only in DUI and reckless drivings, when it comes to traffic citations.
You should be OK. You really dont need to take anything. But, for your peace of mind, you might want to do what you want to do. (ie, get evidence that you fixed or paid fines etc)

Thanks for your advice Suriyan and congrats on your oath date. I have a ways to go still before I get to the oath ceremony :D but I can't wait till that day comes.

Do you by chance know where I have to go to get the courts to say I don't have anything outstanding for traffic stuff?