Tracking progress of guys who are now current

Effect of July 2007 bulletin on people waiting for Adjustment of Status ?

I have a question. Sorry if it sounds stupid or ignorant - but I would appreciate a response from someone.

With the July 2007 Bulletin All dates are now Current .There is speculation that PD will most probably retrogress back to 2001-2002.
In that case , what happens to all the people who have already applied for 485 long back and are simply waiting for their Priority dates to become current so they can get their card i.e waiting for AOS ?
For example, XYZ with PD March 2003 ( EB3) had concurrently applied for I140 / 485 in Dec 2004. His I140 is approved and has EAD card but was waiting for his PD to become current for Adjustment of Status. So considering June 2007 bulletin he was current and eligible for AOS.
Come Oct / Sept , if the dates retrogress back to 2001 , how does it affect him ? If by then there is no progress on his case and he has not recd his green card, does he have to wait all over again for his PD to become current ?

What are his options in this case ?

Would appreciate a response on this .

Unfortunately the answer is yes. For AOS to be adjudicated the PD dates should be current for the month when your file is being reviewed.

I dont think we will all go back to the 2001-2002. Though retrogression is imminent anytime after Sept 2007, I dont think we will be so much worse off as you are predicting which I assume is hypothetoicaly.

It is stupid, NOT YOUR QUESTION, but the USCIS process.

Yes, if (when) the dates retrogress again then, he will have to wait unitl PD becomes current again.

Approved

My I485 approved today at local office federal palza NYC. Officer said we will receive our cards in 6 to 8 weeks. See my signature for details.

hey gcneednow,
in my view the chances of retrogressing in very near future is not that many. There must be some reason for USCIS to push dates in a big jump for June bulletin and then to make it all current for July bulletin.

Anyway, if the I485 is applied in Dec 2004 then there is better chances of getting approved. The reason i say this is because the USCIS seems to be processing based on the I485 received date.

Well, the chances of future retrogression is not totally ruled out and your concern is valid.

If you have not made any enquiry in last 3 months then it is a good idea of do one.

Keep your fingers crossed and wish you luck.

I have a question. Sorry if it sounds stupid or ignorant - but I would appreciate a response from someone.

With the July 2007 Bulletin All dates are now Current .There is speculation that PD will most probably retrogress back to 2001-2002.
In that case , what happens to all the people who have already applied for 485 long back and are simply waiting for their Priority dates to become current so they can get their card i.e waiting for AOS ?
For example, XYZ with PD March 2003 ( EB3) had concurrently applied for I140 / 485 in Dec 2004. His I140 is approved and has EAD card but was waiting for his PD to become current for Adjustment of Status. So considering June 2007 bulletin he was current and eligible for AOS.
Come Oct / Sept , if the dates retrogress back to 2001 , how does it affect him ? If by then there is no progress on his case and he has not recd his green card, does he have to wait all over again for his PD to become current ?

What are his options in this case ?

Would appreciate a response on this .

Been a silent member of this form for a long time. Thought its time to post :)
God knows how long do I have to wait but please see the details below.

EB3 India PD Nov 2001 -Sub Labor(CSC)
I-140 - RD June 2005 and AD October 05.
2 EAD's, 2 AP's and applied for the third right now.
I-485 RD June 2005
Feb 07 case transferred to NSC.

Second FP done May 2nd 07.
LUD on 485 on the same day.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.

I called the NSC last month, spoke to a nice rep and gave her all the details and she gave me a Ticket number and said would respond with in 45-60 days.
Wanted to follow up if my case was pending name checks/security checks but did not get a direct reply other than she said that my case is outside the processing window and she will raise a service request for it.

What does this message in 485 mean? Is it standard for every one thats awaiting approval or is it pending in name checks etc?

Thanks Folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a silent member of this form for a long time. Thought its time to post :)
God knows how long do I have to wait but please see the details below.

EB3 India PD Nov 2001 -Sub Labor(CSC)
I-140 - RD June 2005 and AD October 05.
2 EAD's, 2 AP's and applied for the third right now.
I-485 RD June 2005
Feb 07 case transferred to NSC.

Second FP done May 2nd 07.
LUD on 485 on the same day.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.

I called the NSC last month, spoke to a nice rep and gave her all the details and she gave me a Ticket number and said would respond with in 45-60 days.
Wanted to follow up if my case was pending name checks/security checks but did not get a direct reply other than she said that my case is outside the processing window and she will raise a service request for it.

What does this message in 485 mean? Is it standard for every one thats awaiting approval or is it pending in name checks etc?

Thanks Folks.

Call your local congressman. I have always found them the most helpful when trying to get additional information. They have a congressional liason that they can email for information regarding your case. It seam hit and miss on who we get when we call. On my last visa application they were able to keep me posted on every step my application went through including when it was stuck in BC, couldn't help get out of BC backlog but I knew where it was.

Thanks Blue1, I will try to do as you suggested.

Was wondering if any one else has a similar case status update message in their case profile?

cinco,
I had similar status update when i did status enquiry.
The good part is that you will receive a status letter, that will tell you if there is an issue pending with your case: for instance security check.
If nothing is pending then your case would normally get processed in the order of 1485 recived date provided date is current.

In my view this is the general process.

Hey my I485 RD was Nov2004 and my case just got approved.

Thanks Blue1, I will try to do as you suggested.

Was wondering if any one else has a similar case status update message in their case profile?

Hi Guys,

My 485 got approved today

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 16, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I applied for my wife's only on June 1. Is there any chance that her's might get approved soon because mine is approved ?

Cheers
Shiva

PD - Aug 2001 (Substitute Labor)
485 Applied Dt - July 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey msprakash:

Congratulations. Did you call the 1-800# and initiated a service inquiry? Just curious. As regard to your wife, it may take a while as she has to go thru the FP and background checks and if the dates are current when all that is done.

Sun

Hi Sun07,

No I didnt not call the 1800 num to initiate a service inquiry..I got a second FP notice in march 2007 and thats it....Cheers

My I485 approved today at local office federal palza NYC. Officer said we will receive our cards in 6 to 8 weeks. See my signature for details.

My case RD : Nov 4 2004
EB3 Labor Priority date : April 2 2002.

Initiated an enquiry and no reply. Congressman is also not helpful much.

Case got transfered from CSC to NSC in Feb 2007 and no status update after that. Very frustrating ........

Hi Endless_wait,
Thank you for the reassuring words.

I am not familiar with how to make an enquiry. Could you please guide me on the same ?

Thank you.

hey gcneednow,
in my view the chances of retrogressing in very near future is not that many. There must be some reason for USCIS to push dates in a big jump for June bulletin and then to make it all current for July bulletin.

Anyway, if the I485 is applied in Dec 2004 then there is better chances of getting approved. The reason i say this is because the USCIS seems to be processing based on the I485 received date.

Well, the chances of future retrogression is not totally ruled out and your concern is valid.

If you have not made any enquiry in last 3 months then it is a good idea of do one.

Keep your fingers crossed and wish you luck.