Tracking progress of guys who are now current

Still waiting...

LC PD: Mar.8, 02 EB2. Current long time ago.
I485: RD Jan. 15, 04, Jan. 16, 04
I140 AD: Feb. 04
4 FPs so far (last one May 07)
STUCK IN NAME CHECK: from Jan.29, 04
Last LUD Jun.,05

Contacted USCIS n-times, senators, congressman, obdusman, First Lady. Still waiting....:(

I got my card! Yooohooo.

I got my card! Yooohooo.

After 10 years living in United States, I get a letter saying "Welcome to the United States". Uh, what an irony. :rolleyes:

Thank you for everyone in this forum. This forum really helps. For you that still waiting, keep your spirit, keep fighting if you have a problem a long the way. God bless you!

---------------- :( :) :mad: :eek: :cool: :p ;) :eek: ---------------

Rakasa

LC PD: April 29, 2003
First I140/I485 filed: June 2004
First AED/AP approved.
RFE sent asking company financial: January 2005
RFE replied: April 2005
May 2005: I140+I485 (Denied. Lack of financial evidence)
Second I140+I485 filed: June 2005 using same LC
(hoping they will have another officer)
Second AED/AP approved.
August 2005: I140+I485 (Denied. based on the first reason)
September 2005: I140 Appeal sent
I contacted my house of representative for help.
October 2005: USCIS consider to re-open the case
November 2005: I-140 case reopened
February 2006: I-140 Approved
Third AED/AP approved.
Waiting for PD to be current.
May 2007: PD became current
May 01 2007: USCIS sent RFE for TB skin test
May 14-16 2007: We replied, they got it.
May 31, 2007: Card Production Ordered
June 01, 2007: Approval Notice sent!!
June 05, 2007: Card Mailed
June 07, 2007: I-797 in my mail box
June 08, 2007: Green Card in my mail box! :D

Priority date current - what can I do

My LC (EB3-India) was applied in Jan, 2002. So I am assuming that my PD is Jan, 2002. Is that correct?

My I-485 RD is Aug, 2004. I don't know if my name check is cleared or no and did not bother so far since I was not current.

How do I verify if my name check is cleared or no. When I called USCIS, customer servie told me that there would be an update on my case online when name check is cleared and I have not had any such update since I applied for I-485.

My case was transferred (like many others) from CSC to NSC in Feb, 2007.

Is there anything I can do that will make USCIS pick up my application since my PD is current?

Thanks.

Take infopass appoitnment and go to local office. I think there you can ask if your name check is cleared.

My LC (EB3-India) was applied in Jan, 2002. So I am assuming that my PD is Jan, 2002. Is that correct?

My I-485 RD is Aug, 2004. I don't know if my name check is cleared or no and did not bother so far since I was not current.

How do I verify if my name check is cleared or no. When I called USCIS, customer servie told me that there would be an update on my case online when name check is cleared and I have not had any such update since I applied for I-485.

My case was transferred (like many others) from CSC to NSC in Feb, 2007.

Is there anything I can do that will make USCIS pick up my application since my PD is current?

Thanks.

EB3 (India) PD: 09/2002, I-485 ND: 10/2004, PD became current on June 01, 2007. Case trasnferred to BAltimore local office on July 2005 done with Local Office Interview on July 2006 and waiting for approval

Card production LUD changed!!

Hi:

My "card production" LUD was changed to "I 485 approved." This is really strange. I received the first 485 approved message on June 05, followed by "card production" update on teh same day. This morning, the new update indicated that my 485 has been approved on June 8. Wonder if "card production" is still on? The approval notices are different also. They are posted below:

June 5 approval:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

June 08 approval:
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Anyone familiar with type of scenario? Don't want to read too much into it, but wonder why this is happening.

Thanks,

soc_aus

:confused: :confused:

Hey soc_aus,
Just give it a week. IMO these updates are not to worry about.
I'm in very similar state as yours.

Hi:

My "card production" LUD was changed to "I 485 approved." This is really strange. I received the first 485 approved message on June 05, followed by "card production" update on teh same day. This morning, the new update indicated that my 485 has been approved on June 8. Wonder if "card production" is still on? The approval notices are different also. They are posted below:

June 5 approval:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

June 08 approval:
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Anyone familiar with type of scenario? Don't want to read too much into it, but wonder why this is happening.

Thanks,

soc_aus

:confused: :confused:

at last!

Endless_wait:

thanks for your response. I hope you get your GC soon. I got the welcome note and the card in mail today. This forum has been very helpful for information and support. Good luck to all of you and may you get your GCs very soon.

soc_aus

I think they are approving based on when you filed your 485 (provided your priority date is current). My PD is Aug 2001 but I applied on July 2005. Do you know of anyone who knows someone who knows someone who applied in 2005 and got their 485 approved?? :)

I think they are approving based on when you filed your 485 (provided your priority date is current). My PD is Aug 2001 but I applied on July 2005. Do you know of anyone who knows someone who knows someone who applied in 2005 and got their 485 approved?? :)

I dont know how this thing works.
My PD: Dec 2001.
485 filed in Jan 2004

No updates No luck yet except a new FP

me too

My PD is April 2002 , but i applied concurrent I-140/485 in May 2005 . No LuDS after second fingerprinting

Though i have a question - what does it mean when they issue a second fingeeprint . Does it mean NC is complete ?
Thanks

Name Check cleared

you are right about PD. PD is the date when your LC application was made (received) .

I don't know whom I spoke to when I called USCIS but the lady told me that my name check is cleared and case is just waiting to be assigned to an agent and this can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days.

I have already taken the Infopass appointment and will see if that helps speed up that process.

I am EB3 (India) transferred from CSC to NSC in Feb, 07 with PD in Jan 2002 and RD of Aug, 2004. Would it be a long wait if NSC is processing based on RD date?

azappl,
IMO, if yo are current, name check cleared, no RFE then service center, atleast NSC is processing based on I-485 RD.
So your case should get processed very soon i think.

I don't know whom I spoke to when I called USCIS but the lady told me that my name check is cleared and case is just waiting to be assigned to an agent and this can take anywhere from 60 to 90 days.

I have already taken the Infopass appointment and will see if that helps speed up that process.

I am EB3 (India) transferred from CSC to NSC in Feb, 07 with PD in Jan 2002 and RD of Aug, 2004. Would it be a long wait if NSC is processing based on RD date?

Need guidance...PD Jan 2002 / EB3

My PD is Jan 2002 (EB3 / India / RIR), and filed for I-485 in March 2004. Still waiting...

I know my name check is cleared as I had approached a senator in 2004 when dates were current.

I did not get 2nd FP notice, as most of the people got few months back. I called INS last month (after I moved to a new place) and they said to wait for 30 - 45 days. No response so far...

Cannot take INFOPASS appointment, as I have to wait for INS response via mail.

What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is not meaningful anymore

Suppose USCIS process cases based on RD, then July 1 RD would be similar to April 30, 2001 of LC.

Since USCIS would approve cases randomly, it doesn't make senses to tracking PD current case when all EB is current.

However, we could still track 485 RD earlier than July1

Congratss!! Rakasa..... Welcome to the US of A :p
Have they asked you for a passport stamping? Is that still needed?

Passport stamping is equivalent to the card. I have received the card, so I do not need to go for passort stamping. My Lawyer confirmed.