• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hi any one help. I paid the immigrant fee 60 days ago two days after POE. I did check my case online but stuck in.
We received your Uscis immigrant fee payment for your permanent residence card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your permanent resident card.
This all what I get after 60 days without any change.​

Wait 90 days after you paid the fee.

Hi,

I recently got my DV Visa approved, but I haven't enter the US still. During my case I filled on the final address in the DS260 my cousin address in florida, but I wanna receive my GC in New Orleans with my girlfriend. I already paid the $165 fee. Can I change my final address at the moment of my first entry? Or do I have to wait my GC in the first address I submitted? Or it has to be at the US embassy?

Thanks

Hi,

I recently got my DV Visa approved, but I haven't enter the US still. During my case I filled on the final address in the DS260 my cousin address in florida, but I wanna receive my GC in New Orleans with my girlfriend. I already paid the $165 fee. Can I change my final address at the moment of my first entry? Or do I have to wait my GC in the first address I submitted? Or it has to be at the US embassy?

Thanks

You can change the delivery address at the POE when you arrive for the first time.

Please advice, am not able to track my GG after i paid. where do i find Receipt ID ?
Wait 90 days after you paid the fee.
Hello Evryone

My admitted date in the USA is 30 march 2016.

120 days gone bust still not received GC. Not sure what to do? Please suggest.

I did not receive any receipt number after paying $165 (paid on 13 march 2016 before entered in the USA, From India) so it's not possible for me to track GC status.

I sent the first inquiry from USCIS site by selecting subject line "Getting a confirmation or pin via email" and got reply like :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry dated June 11, 2016, regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Fee.

We regret that we cannot provide receipt numbers by email. After payment was submitted for your Immigrant Fee, your receipt number was provided on the confirmation page.

You should receive your green card (Permanent Resident Card) within 120 days of your entry into the United States or within 120 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee is received (whichever occurred later). If you do not receive your green card within this time-frame, please submit a follow-up inquiry with the Customer Contact Center by clicking on the “Contact Us” link located at USCIS site.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent the second inquiry from USCIS site by selecting subject line " Getting an answer to general questions" on contact us form and got reply like :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry dated July 27, 2016, regarding USCIS online filing.

We are sorry you are experiencing problems with your account. We have transferred your inquiry to our USCIS Tier II Customer Service Telephone representatives. They will be calling you to help resolve your problem.

They will attempt to call you at least three times. If they are unable to contact you after that time and further problems persist, please re-contact us by filling out the web form at USCIS site

We hope this information is helpful.

Finally, I called on 1-800-375-5283 and they also ask for Receipt Number.

I have CR1 visa (With I-551 stamp on it) and it will expire on 21 AUG 2016. Not sure what will happen after that --- I am so worried. Please help.

Although I little relaxed after read post on - visajourney dot com /forums/topic/210685-cr1-visa-expired/ which says "The I-551 stamp is normally enough evidence to travel for a year, even if the visa itself is expired. The visa expiration date is merely the last date you can use the visa to enter the US for the first time. But after you use a CR-1 visa one time, you use your permanent resident STATUS to enter, so the visa expiration doesn't matter."

What Should I Do?
1. Just wait for a GC (Green Card), Although 120 days gone.
2. Go to a certain place (Ex: Immigration office) to know my GC status.
3. Or any other suggestion.

Thank You.

Hello Evryone

My admitted date in the USA is 30 march 2016.

120 days gone bust still not received GC. Not sure what to do? Please suggest.

Thank You.

Maybe you are not choosing the right type of inquiry option. Why don't you try this option and submit another inquiry?
Choose:
I need help with: "a case already filed online"
form filed: "USCIS immigrant fee, initial card"

I landed on June 8 and almost 2 months now. I try to make inquiry with the above options. For my case, I get the response "We regret that we cannot provide receipt numbers by email. After payment was submitted for your Immigrant Fee, your receipt number was provided on the confirmation page. ". But for you since 120 days has past, you might get a different response. Also, try calling them by telephone. If you have waited out 120 days, they might transfer you to so-called level-2 officers (try asking if they don't; the people who first answer the call cannot do anything). For me, I am just getting 'please wait 120 days', so can't do anything. Please let me know if you get a better response since you have waited their holy grail 120 days! Thanks :)

I sent an inquiry on 1st Aug and got call from USCIS ( from 913-000-0000) on 4th Aug 2016 but somehow I missed it so I got following email -

*********************************** *********************************** ***********************************
Dear Vishal Patel,

Thank you for your inquiry dated August 1, 2016, regarding the USCIS online filing system.

In order to assist you with your request, we must speak with the applicant directly. We tried to contact the applicant by telephone on August 4, 2016, but received no answer. Please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Customer Contact Center at egov-uscis-gov, or you can call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 [TDD for the hearing impaired].

If you resubmit your inquiry, please provide the following information on all applicants:

• Full names (including ALL other names ever used);

• Date(s) of birth;

• Country of birth;

-- Just half email I am copy pasting here .... :)

*********************************** *********************************** *********************************** ***********************************

I placed an another inquiry on the same day - 4th Aug 2016 after read above email and got call on 10th Aug 2016. I attend the call and they said :
there is an "Issue with Your Biometric" so I am forwarding your inquiry to the Texas Service Center. After few minutes I got an email like,

*********************************** *********************************** *********************************** ***********************************
Dear Mr. Patel,

Thank you for your inquiry dated August 8, 2016, regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Fee.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Texas Service Center. The referral ID for this inquiry is XXXYYYYYYYYYYXXX. The Texas Service Center will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

We understand your concern over the delay in processing your Form I-551. Please note that until you receive your card, you may use the Temporary I-551 Stamp placed in your passport as proof of your Permanent Resident status. Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations states a foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp, or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa may be used as proof of employment eligibility. See 8 CFR § 274a.2(b)(1)(v)(A)(3). This stamp is only valid for the time period indicated; afterwards, you must obtain your Form I-551 or have your stamp renewed.

Lawful Permanent Residents of the United States may produce one of the following as acceptable documentation when traveling:

-- Just half email I am copy pasting here .... :)

Now waiting for a call from "Texas Service Center".

Will keep posting the update here

@ VishalPatelTwit is the best way to contact me.

Hi all
I m a dv winner 2016 came to USA 2 month back and paid for greencard 3 month back .when i paid it is mentioned within 60 days still didnt got my greencard and whenever try to check status online it shows either vallidation error or a user define error.i m totally confused n when i call to usics therw is jo proper response at all.One of my friend came along with me but she is indifferent state she got witithin 1 month can someone tell me how i can know my status.thanks

Hey Saanz

Do you have a receipt number? (A number that comes after paid the visa fee, EX: IOE0xxxxxxxxxx)

If you have then you can check your green card status using this number. If you don't have, Send an enquiry by visitig - egov dot uscis dot gov /cris/contactus (As I am a new member, I can't paste link here. Hope you make the URL working) and see what reply you get.

Nothing to worry. There is always a solution.

Have a good day.

Hey Saanz

Do you have a receipt number? (A number that comes after paid the visa fee, EX: IOE0xxxxxxxxxx)

If you have then you can check your green card status using this number. If you don't have, Send an enquiry by visitig - egov dot uscis dot gov /cris/contactus (As I am a new member, I can't paste link here. Hope you make the URL working) and see what reply you get.

Nothing to worry. There is always a solution.

Have a good day.
Thanks for a reply yes i do have a receipt no but whenever i try to check online it shows error.

Thank

- They mentioned within 60 days and you did not get yet - so send enquiry accordingly. Hope you got your answer.

- As far as I know "vallidation error or a user define error" keeps coming until your green card is ready or it sent by USCIS to you (Not 100% sure) .

Once green card is ready or it sent by USCIS to you - you will get the proper status, Not an error that you are getting now.

Hop this help.

Thanks.

Hi when i had opened the account for my case and in the last update nothing is mentioned what exactly is that.

It has been four weeks since my parents used Boston as POE and there is still no sign of GC. Status in ELIS shows in Process and shows validation error in USCIS case status page. :(

It has been four weeks since my parents used Boston as POE and there is still no sign of GC. Status in ELIS shows in Process and shows validation error in USCIS case status page. :(
Hi i had faced same problem which you have faced validation error it will be like that only until they dont mail ur card i was getting same till august 12 but when i checked in aug 13 it said ur card is mailed to the address given n after 5 days i got my greencard.