• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Still waiting...90+ days:(

Hello Linda,
Can you please advise after i log into USCIS Account how to add case number for Green Card status tracking?

Case Number Types my Green card Agency tracking number is different so please help/advise

The receipt number is a unique 13-character identifier that USCIS provides for each application or petition it receives. The agency uses it to identify and track its cases.

The receipt number consists of three letters-for example, EAC, WAC, LIN, SRC, NBC, MSC or IOE-and 10 numbers. You can find it on notices of action USCIS has sent you.

Omit dashes ("-") when entering a receipt number. However, you can include all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), if they are listed on your notice as part of the receipt number.

I have NO idea. I can't even log in....I am not sure if you are asking me a question or of you are helping me log in but for the first: I don't know. For the second part of your answer: thank you, I'll try!

I have NO idea. I can't even log in....I am not sure if you are asking me a question or of you are helping me log in but for the first: I don't know. For the second part of your answer: thank you, I'll try!

sorry, I was asking you question

Do you know how to track Green card in USCIS ELIS Website?

Okie I am new here I submitted my Green Card Payment online but I havent received any IOE number just this
Your payment has been submitted to Pay.gov and the details are below. If you have any questions or you wish to cancel this payment, please contact National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283.

Application Name: ELIS2 Immigrant Visa
Pay.gov Tracking ID: XXXX
Agency Tracking ID: XXXX
Transaction Type: Sale
Transaction Date: XXXX

Account Holder Name: XXX
Transaction Amount: $165.00
Card Type: Visa
Card Number: ************5726

After calling the number lady kept on asking for IOE number which i dont have. I told her the Tracking ID but she said she cant track my green card case status. What should i do help.

Raja,
can you please advise how to track green card status in USCIS ELIS Website?

i created the account not sure whats case number for the green card, please help

Raja,
can you please advise how to track green card status in USCIS ELIS Website?

i created the account not sure whats case number for the green card, please help
You have to call and get the "receipt number" (IOE number) directly from USCIS if you don't have one. They won't give it to you unless you have waited 60 days. The reality is, even with a receipt number, tracking the green card status is useless. If you card is not ready for production/shipment, the USCIS online status won't even recognize your receipt number, and throw out an error message.

The situation may have changed recently but that's basically how it was between Sept. 2015 and Jan. 2016.

It's very vague. It says "some green cards" were sent to the wrong people but the only "clarification" is that "visas" were sent to incorrect addresses. Apparentlt no understanding that these are not the same thing. No indication of actually what documents, whether they were in or outside the US, how many, when (they only mention 2012), etc. I wouldn't worry too much about this to be honest unless someone can find a better researched or properly articulated article?

It's very vague. It says "some green cards" were sent to the wrong people but the only "clarification" is that "visas" were sent to incorrect addresses. Apparentlt no understanding that these are not the same thing. No indication of actually what documents, whether they were in or outside the US, how many, when (they only mention 2012), etc. I wouldn't worry too much about this to be honest unless someone can find a better researched or properly articulated article?

Precisely my thoughts when I read the article. I prefer to think of it as sensationalist journalism. Obviously the GC will be delivered to the originally provided address if a new address hasn't been updated or reflected in the system.

I did an Internet search for green card to wrong address, and there are many hits (forum posts, AVVO questions etc), and I looked at many of those, and almost every one of those involved the card being sent to an old address (i.e. not wrong people, just that the address was not updated); the remainder were the other issue we know about, that if someone else's name is on a mailbox and it is not the recipient or the recipient's c/o, the mailman may refuse to deliver it. I couldn't find anything that backed up the CSM story linked above.

However what I do know from experience is that the 30 days that people seem to expect is at the optimistic end of historical experience, and certainly at the time I received mine 60 days was the norm and a bit longer than that not unheard of. So yeah, guys, unless it's longer than 2 months, chill...

Hi new card holders,
I just called USCIS to get my IOE number and they called me back. The lady said that I was supposed to receive it on January 30th...but I haven't She gave me a tracking number and an IOE number. None of those work. (I can't log in and I tried the tracking number for USPS, UPS and Fed EX) none of them recognize the number. The call was dropped so I contacted them again.
I have NO idea where my card is. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi new card holders,
I just called USCIS to get my IOE number and they called me back. The lady said that I was supposed to receive it on January 30th...but I haven't She gave me a tracking number and an IOE number. None of those work. (I can't log in and I tried the tracking number for USPS, UPS and Fed EX) none of them recognize the number. The call was dropped so I contacted them again.
I have NO idea where my card is. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

FYI they always send via USPS so the tracking number should work on the USPS site... Even months later it should show.

I presume this is the page you checked your IOE number? You did remember to include the IOE bit, correct? (Some people think it's not necessary but it is) https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

FYI they always send via USPS so the tracking number should work on the USPS site... Even months later it should show.

I presume this is the page you checked your IOE number? You did remember to include the IOE bit, correct? (Some people think it's not necessary but it is) https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
Thanks for the quick response:) I did use that exact website with the IOE bit and the USPS site as well. She might have given me the wrong USPS tracking number AND IOE number plus the call was dropped so I'm a bit worried.

Thanks for the quick response:) I did use that exact website with the IOE bit and the USPS site as well. She might have given me the wrong USPS tracking number AND IOE number plus the call was dropped so I'm a bit worried.

Did the website simply not recognize the IOE number? Invalid case number, or other error message?
I'd be surprised if both numbers were wrong ...
How frustrating for you. There are occasional cases of USPS delivering to the wrong address but even so the tracking number should come up as "delivered".
At this point I'm not really sure what else you can do but call back - maybe make an infopass too in the meanwhile as at least they can't 'drop a call' if you are face to face with them!

It says '
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• User-Defined Error'
  • I tried to call back the number but I can't for some reason and the lady hasn't called me back. I sent another update to the USCIS contact.
  • not sure what 'info pass' is yet but I'll check that out.
  • Thanks!!:)

It says '
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• User-Defined Error'
  • I tried to call back the number but I can't for some reason and the lady hasn't called me back. I sent another update to the USCIS contact.
  • not sure what 'info pass' is yet but I'll check that out.
  • Thanks!!:)

Infopass is an appointment at your local USCIS office to follow up on your case. Some offices are easier to get appointments at than others.

Infopass is an appointment at your local USCIS office to follow up on your case. Some offices are easier to get appointments at than others.
They called me back and it looks like one of my former roommate was there when the postman arrived, took it and I don't know what he did with it...so now i have to file an I-90. yay!

They called me back and it looks like one of my former roommate was there when the postman arrived, took it and I don't know what he did with it...so now i have to file an I-90. yay!

:eek: To ask the obvious question, have you asked him what he did with it??

:eek: To ask the obvious question, have you asked him what he did with it??
Not as simple as that unfortunately. I've had a lot of roommates before finding a job and being able to afford a $1,000/ month apartment...so out of the maybe 6+ roommates I am not sure who it was...