• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Your SSN shall be the same. If you don`t have the SSN card physically go to the SSN office and apply for replacement. In case you have changed your names due to a marriage or any other reason should bring proof of names, such as marriage certificate.
yes it should be the same, but they still have to change the status, because I have restriction on the orther ssn as it was for a non-immigrant visa...thank you

yes it should be the same, but they still have to change the status, because I have restriction on the orther ssn as it was for a non-immigrant visa...thank you

You are responsible for putting in an application in person to request a replacement card in such a situation. They will not automatically issue a replacement card, like they did in your son's case.

You are responsible for putting in an application in person to request a replacement card in such a situation. They will not automatically issue a replacement card, like they did in your son's case.
I requested a SSN automatically when I filled in dv forms, and I read on their site that they will send a replacement card, but of course if I do not get anything, I will go get a card at a local office. Thank you.

ok, just it seems that when they called, the representative found them, while for us, he could not find any of our IOE...
You are not getting the IOE number because you paid in December. You have to wait at least 60 days from the payment date to obtain the IOE number. Then the real fun starts as the IOE number won't be recognized until the card is sent. At any rate, I've finally received a USPS notification that my green card is on its way (expected to arrive tomorrow). It's been about 115 days since my payment date. Some people, however, get lucky and receive the card only few weeks after the payment.

You are not getting the IOE number because you paid in December. You have to wait at least 60 days from the payment date to obtain the IOE number. Then the real fun starts as the IOE number won't be recognized until the card is sent. At any rate, I've finally received a USPS notification that my green card is on its way (expected to arrive tomorrow). It's been about 115 days since my payment date. Some people, however, get lucky and receive the card only few weeks after the payment.
I do have two IOE numbers ..after I paid I got my IOEs...I do not remember how I got them, but went to some confirmation page and saw the numbers..Thank you for your information.

What is the receipt number????
I got mail from pay.gov with pay.gov tracking id and agency tracking id only... My brother in US has already paid $165 for me.

Almost 1 month entered, IOE still not recognized by system... and no updates even if I created an account on USCIS and put email and cell alerts on...I start getting worried

Almost 1 month entered, IOE still not recognized by system... and no updates even if I created an account on USCIS and put email and cell alerts on...I start getting worried
It may well take a long time for the physical Green Card to arrive, in our case 90+ days, 60+ days before any start of meaningful tracking information to become available. All the while we could not renew driver licenses as State DMV, rightly or wrongly, insisted on actual Green Cards to be presented. Well, patience is a virtue...;)

me too same i entered via Chicago December 30 i payed fee 31 still my status show error

i didn't get my welcome letter too is that normal?

The green card journey is finally done. Had to wait for the kids' cards since POE in september! They surely could do a much better job.

Irritating, but at least you have them all now :)
Hope all is going well with your setting in!
Did not make the big move, Susie, recall we opted to activate then return later?
I am slightly concerned about presidential politics and I might just review my planned livelihood option in usa.

Did not make the big move, Susie, recall we opted to activate then return later?
I am slightly concerned about presidential politics and I might just review my planned livelihood option in usa.

Oh, right, I forgot about that.
Don't forget that unlike....certain other countries, even if bad presidents get voted in, they get voted out again. Personally I think it'd be foolish to give up a lifetime opportunity because some boorish thug is grabbing headlines, but if you are concerned long term about livelihood then that's different. On the other hand, look at Obama, and think of what could happen when the child of a Kenyan is given a chance in a country like America ;)

Oh, right, I forgot about that.
Don't forget that unlike....certain other countries, even if bad presidents get voted in, they get voted out again. Personally I think it'd be foolish to give up a lifetime opportunity because some boorish thug is grabbing headlines, but if you are concerned long term about livelihood then that's different. On the other hand, look at Obama, and think of what could happen when the child of a Kenyan is given a chance in a country like America ;)
You are right. There is no giving up on the chance specifically on account of the potential that it gives to the childrens' future.
My livelihood plan was hinged on business, implying investing and ploughing in lifetime efforts as needed to succeed.
Now, if boorish as you put it, leadership that isolates usa from the rest of the world, interrupts/ reverses the economic recovery etc, comes into office.... any entrepreneur is bound to worry

its been 30 days i payed and entered usa still not get my green card can i apply for SSN just with my passport stamped ?

its been 30 days i payed and entered usa still not get my green card can i apply for SSN just with my passport stamped ?

Yes. You can go the the SSA office with the ID listed on their website. If you selected the option for USCIS to apply for a SSN for you, that should have been done - but sometimes gets overlooked - in which case a trip to the SSA office is required.

https://ssa.gov/ssnumber/

something new today i get mail after 35 days

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: IOExxxxxxxxx

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On February 3, 2016, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by March x, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.