• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

You're highly welcome. Update me, if there's any new development. I mean the outcome of your phone call... Thanks..
Just an update...we've kept calling USCIS once a week and they still couldn't give us a straight answer. Fortunately our local congressman's assistant was able to help. After waited for 4 weeks, she informed us the card was in production and finally we received the card last Saturday! Hooray! It has been a long 8 months to get the green card. Even though I don't really like politicians, they can use their power to help us and I appreciate it! Of course many thanks to @SusieQQQ and @Next Level!

Please help !
I flew to the US on 21 June and in early August my wife and sons have already received the Card. I did not get a card.
For my case number is displayed all the time info "in progress".

In this case, I contacted the USCIS office (call 1-800-375-5283) who directed me to Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov.
I wrote an email and waiting for more than 2 weeks.
What should I do next?

Do you still have your login for ELIS? That is all you need, it's on there.

I have the right username and password to login to check my GC status but i get error messages anytime i try to login . What am i doing wrong meanwhile my status in elis indicate optimized ..

Last edited:
Please help !
I flew to the US on 21 June and in early August my wife and sons have already received the Card. I did not get a card.

In this case, I contacted the USCIS office (call 1-800-375-5283) who directed me to Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov.
What should I do next?

What do I do,
SusieQQQ help.

Call again. Tell them you have had no luck. If you continue to get ignored, contact your congressperson's office and get the immigration liaison officer there to follow up for you.

Thank for your response.
I will continue call. And then the congressman's office. My wife comforted me, but I'm angry.....

Thank for your response.
I will continue call. And then the congressman's office. My wife comforted me, but I'm angry.....

Yes, I can sympathize. Hopefully like me, your anger at TSC's bureaucrats indifference will be compensated by the efforts made by your congressperson - I was amazed that an elected official was so helpful to a new resident still 5 years away from being a potential voter!!

Please help !

What should I do next?
Did your account at any stage report "optimized" status, suggesting effective USCIS fee payment receipt?

Did your account at any stage report "optimized" status, suggesting effective USCIS fee payment receipt?

It must have if the other family members have their cards. We had exactly the same thing, 3 family members received the cards but one - the principal!! - did not.

It must have if the other family members have their cards. We had exactly the same thing, 3 family members received the cards but one - the principal!! - did not.
Sure, just wanted to reconfirm with him that full USCIS fee has been paid for all members in his family, as possible underpayment would result in the exact problem he described in his posting. Of course, if full payment receipt was confirmed by USCIS at the time, then other causes and potential remedies have to come into play, no question.

Sure, just wanted to reconfirm with him that full USCIS fee has been paid for all members in his family, as possible underpayment would result in the exact problem he described in his posting. Of course, if full payment receipt was confirmed by USCIS at the time, then other causes and potential remedies have to come into play, no question.

Sure, considering he has already been speaking to USCIS I am sure they would have informed him if that was the reason ;)

I confirm. Fees are OK because the USCIS confirmed when I phoned. My wife and sons have already received the GC. USCIS says: that it is OK for them and ordered to write an email to the Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and I wait. I ask how long .... no response.

Sure, considering he has already been speaking to USCIS I am sure they would have informed him if that was the reason ;)

Exactly. When I call the USCIS tells me that it is OK for them, and they tell wait. Maybe I need to talk to USCIS with a more competent person? :)

Exactly. When I call the USCIS tells me that it is OK for them, and they tell wait. Maybe I need to talk to USCIS with a more competent person? :)

Call USCIS again and if you still don't get any useful/informative/helpful response, contact your congressman/woman and request their assistance with following up on the issue.

Call USCIS again and if you still don't get any useful/informative/helpful response, contact your congressman/woman and request their assistance with following up on the issue.

Thanks for the advice. So I will. :)
The same wrote SusieQQQ.

Another information in my case.
I called once again to the USCIS. Of course, they replied: all OK. They asked me to write an email to the case to USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov............. and of course I have to wait.
I know, I have to go to the congressman's office.... but I try to have with USCIS ...... :)

Hello,
When traveling outside US for example 5 month, do you need to inform USCIS about address change? In online address change form there is only US states.

Hello,
When traveling outside US for example 5 month, do you need to inform USCIS about address change? In online address change form there is only US states.

Not required to inform USCIS, that is considered a temporary trip. The assumption is you permanently live in the US, the change of address notification is intended for when you change home address within the US.

I arrived in US on Oct 25. Paid the GC fees on 26th but my ELIS status doesn`t detect any active cases. How long does it take before "My Cases page" displays any activity?