• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

So this is a new system/process to pay the immigrant fees?
So, we should expect to receive the receipt number and GC within 60 days? if not, we receive a "receipt notice" instead?
am I understanding this correct?

If you don't receive your green card within 60 days after you payed your immigration fee, then (60 days after the payment) you will get a "receipt notice" with your receipt number. Then you will be able to track your GC and check your status online.

If you have made a payment, and all of your documents are ok, you are supposed to receive your GC in 30 days. If you don't receive your GC in 30 days, just call them and talk to them. If you are not satisfied with the answers over the phone, then you can find a local USCIS office, schedule an appointment and get the answers to all of your questions from a customer service representative in person.

I don't understand why they have made these changes, honestly. The whole process lost it's transparency.

If you don't receive your green card within 60 days after you payed your immigration fee, then (60 days after the payment) you will get a "receipt notice" with your receipt number. Then you will be able to track your GC and check your status online.

If you have made a payment, and all of your documents are ok, you are supposed to receive your GC in 30 days. If you don't receive your GC in 30 days, just call them and talk to them. If you are not satisfied with the answers over the phone, then you can find a local USCIS office, schedule an appointment and get the answers to all of your questions from a customer service representative in person.

I don't understand why they have made these changes, honestly. The whole process lost it's transparency.

ok. yeah, this is so confusing and inconvenient for us. Why cant they just give us the receipt number right from the beginning. who knows what they are actually doing under the table. the logic just doesnt make sense at all to me.

and even the customer service representative can't check our status in the system in any other ways? thats ridiculous. basically if we didn't receive GC, then the 165 bucks were gone.

Did you bother to contact them like I suggested above?

I haven't but Farida Nelson did and we are in the same situation. unless you think we will get different answers from them?

Possibility of getting a different response? Absolutely yes! Farida called, I provided you with an email contact. Feel free to not use it.

And the forums before were full of people complaining about having to go through the whole rigmarole of registering (and it was a rigmarole, apparently because it was a DHS site so it couldn't be easy, you couldn't register without about 599 security questions....) and the cumbersome website just to pay a fee....seeing as most people never really used it again.
Ain't no pleasing everyone !!!!! :rolleyes:

I am not familiar with the old procedures. And it sounds horrible. I guess we have to be very happy now, not having to go through all that!:)

Personally, I'm satistied with the answer I've recieved from USCIS over the phone. So I'll just wait.

And the forums before were full of people complaining about having to go through the whole rigmarole of registering (and it was a rigmarole, apparently because it was a DHS site so it couldn't be easy, you couldn't register without about 599 security questions....) and the cumbersome website just to pay a fee....seeing as most people never really used it again.
Ain't no pleasing everyone !!!!! :rolleyes:

I am not familiar with the old procedures. And it sounds horrible. I guess we have to be very happy now, not having to go through all that!:)

Personally, I'm satistied with the answer I've recieved from USCIS over the phone. So I'll just wait.

I called the number you gave me before and it transferred me several times. Then one of the customer representative gave me my IOE number. But when I check its status , it says it doesn't recognize it..

I called the number you gave me before and it transferred me several times. Then one of the customer representative gave me my IOE number. But when I check its status , it says it doesn't recognize it..

Nice:)! At least now you know your number!

Now, if I were you, I would try writing USCIS an e-mail, describing everything, as Sm1smom has suggested.
Here's the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus

I made a google search on this topic:" IOE receipt number not recognized+USCIS " Try that too, there has been a lot of cases with the same issue since 2012.

It never used to recognize it in case status tracker until card production had started. So it sounds like that's still the case.

Somebody helps me please! I looked up my IOE online and they said
"On July 29, 2015, we began producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxx. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xxxx to give us your new mailing address."
Althought It has been almost 60 days, I didn't recieve my Green Card. Both of my parents are recieved their GC.

Somebody helps me please! I looked up my IOE online and they said
"On July 29, 2015, we began producing your new card for your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxx. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xxxx to give us your new mailing address."
Althought It has been almost 60 days, I didn't recieve my Green Card. Both of my parents are recieved their GC.

Please call USCIS, something has gone wrong.

Did you get your green card yet?

Hello all,

I'm seeking a bit of help in HOW and WHERE to track the production and delivery of my green card. My POE was Sept 19, 2015; a week before that I paid the (US$165) visa fee. Can you all give me any information on where to go and how to track please?

I've signed up on the ELIS site but all I see there is my USCIS case number with an "approved" status. Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Did someone try to open an account and pay with it and see if you get receipt number.
I have an account 4 months now, I checked it still active, I didn't pay because they put in AP, is it safe to pay with the account or just use the new website?

Did someone try to open an account and pay with it and see if you get receipt number.
I have an account 4 months now, I checked it still active, I didn't pay because they put in AP, is it safe to pay with the account or just use the new website?
They are using a new site for paying the fees now which doesnt require to create an account and I tried to create one and it doesnt really allow me to do anything.

Hello all,

I'm seeking a bit of help in HOW and WHERE to track the production and delivery of my green card. My POE was Sept 19, 2015; a week before that I paid the (US$165) visa fee. Can you all give me any information on where to go and how to track please?

I've signed up on the ELIS site but all I see there is my USCIS case number with an "approved" status. Please assist. Thanks in advance.

There isn't really a way to track because now after paying the fees, they dont give IOE number anymore. I called and found out what my IOE number is through a customer representative but USCIS status tracking is not recognizing it so Im not sure if that number is really my IOE number or it might just a random number trying to get me off the phone.

so wait for 60 days to check.