• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

You simply need to wait for couple of days more. The IOE number will work only after the card is produced and was picked up by USPS. That's how it worked for my wife and me.

Thanks franko for answering my questions. So today as I checked my status, it says

On February 19, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE0000000000, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

What does this mean? Is there any problems with my case? Because my families' status just show doesn't recognize. Thanks!

Hi folks, same situation here as Sherryxllq's... I entered the US on 22 Jan., on 24 Feb. my case moved to 'optimized' on USCIS Elis, and the case tracker says:
Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox
On February 24, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number XXXXX, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 26, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What instructions are they referring to? What is this Lockbox stuff?

So their website says:
How do I know when the Lockbox facility has accepted my form?

• We will send you an e-Notification if you complete Form G-1145 and clip it to the front of your application package.
  • In all cases, we will mail you a Form, I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt notice that shows your receipt number and the office processing your case.
Am I correct in assuming that the notice of action is not for me to take action ( as in, no info is missing from my end) but rather like an acknowledgement from USCIS that they are taking action and they are just letting me know which office is in charge of producing my green card ?

Hi folks, same situation here as Sherryxllq's... I entered the US on 22 Jan., on 24 Feb. my case moved to 'optimized' on USCIS Elis, and the case tracker says:
On February 24, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number XXXXX, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 26, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to link to give us your new mailing address.

What instructions are they referring to? What is this Lockbox stuff?

Hi

So I called USCIS yesterday, according to them, this status means that your fee has arrived in their department, and they started to move your GC into production (I don't know your case, but for my case, we paid our fee on Jan 13, 2015, but the officer says they just got it on Feb 19, 2015, that is why the status updates since that day and the GC goes to production). Normally, from now on, you just need to wait for 45 days, and the GC will arrive at your place.

As for the notice they mailed you, it is the Welcome Notice for new immigrant according to them.

Don't worry, everything looks fine so far, all you can do is wait. If the GC doesn't get to you after 45 days, give them a call them.
Hope it helps!

Great, t
Hi

So I called USCIS yesterday, according to them, this status means that your fee has arrived in their department, and they started to move your GC into production (I don't know your case, but for my case, we paid our fee on Jan 13, 2015, but the officer says they just got it on Feb 19, 2015, that is why the status updates since that day and the GC goes to production). Normally, from now on, you just need to wait for 45 days, and the GC will arrive at your place.

As for the notice they mailed you, it is the Welcome Notice for new immigrant according to them.

Don't worry, everything looks fine so far, all you can do is wait. If the GC doesn't get to you after 45 days, give them a call them.
Hope it helps!

Great, thanks so much for sharing this information!

Hi

Hope it helps!

From what I understand it is not just that the fee arrives, but that the fee and the paperwork from POE have now both arrived and are ready to be processed. There is a wait time that varies depending on the processing backlog (from your case this seems around a month at the moment) and when the case is next in line, the human whose job it is to match them up or check whatever they check does so and initiates production on the card. Incidentally all production is done via the Texas Service Center,no matter where you entered or live.

Also they will tell you 45 days but it is usually much sooner, 1-2 weeks. Enjoy :)

Hello, I wanted some help on something. I have file for the green card for my husband and paid the 165$ on Feb 24,2014. When i go to see the status it says that it is in the OPTIMIZED step. What does this mean and how long till we receive anything in the mail. Thanks

Hello, I wanted some help on something. I have file for the green card for my husband and paid the 165$ on Feb 24,2014. When i go to see the status it says that it is in the OPTIMIZED step. What does this mean and how long till we receive anything in the mail. Thanks

Did you read the other posts in this thread? It's been explained a few times. The thread is not that long...

Is your husband a DV winner? Did he enter after CP?

Hi

Hope it helps!
Hello,

Your procedure is exactly same as mine except the dates.
I paid the fee on Jan 28, 2015.
I entered the US on Feb 3, 2015. (POE)
Elis system changed the status "Accepted" to "Optimized/In process" on Feb 25, 2015.
Now when I check the status on USCIS with my receipt, it says below,

On February 25, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 26, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

According to this forum that I read, when people check the status on USCIS, it shows almost same message above except a word "notice" instead of "card".
I mean, other people got message that USCIS will send a "card", but my message says they will send a "notice". Is it correct situation? Just a welcome notice?

Does this message change when USCIS goes next step with showing a message "card" ?

Please share your experience.
Thanks.

Hello,

Your procedure is exactly same as mine except the dates.
I paid the fee on Jan 28, 2015.
I entered the US on Feb 3, 2015. (POE)
Elis system changed the status "Accepted" to "Optimized/In process" on Feb 25, 2015.
Now when I check the status on USCIS with my receipt, it says below,

On February 25, 2015, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 26, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

According to this forum that I read, when people check the status on USCIS, it shows almost same message above except a word "notice" instead of "card".
I mean, other people got message that USCIS will send a "card", but my message says they will send a "notice". Is it correct situation? Just a welcome notice?

Does this message change when USCIS goes next step with showing a message "card" ?

Please share your experience.
Thanks.

Hi, just read carefully Sherryxllq's and SusieQQQ's response above - they are explaining that 'optimized' means green card production has been triggered and the notice they will send is the welcome notice for new immigrants. It's my understanding that the messages displayed on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do do change so we are able to track the GC delivery there. A forum member just on this thread reported that eg. when they send the GC out, the following message is displayed: "On XXXX, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOEXXXXX, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by XXXX, please go to ...." and they also update it with the USPS number that we can use to track the postal delivery.

Hi, just read carefully Sherryxllq's and SusieQQQ's response above - they are explaining that 'optimized' means green card production has been triggered and the notice they will send is the welcome notice for new immigrants. It's my understanding that the messages displayed on [link] do change so we are able to track the GC delivery there. A forum member just on this thread reported that eg. when they send the GC out, the following message is displayed: "On XXXX, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOEXXXXX, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by XXXX, please go to ...." and they also update it with the USPS number that we can use to track the postal delivery.
Thank you for your explanation.
My case was changed "Accepted" to "Optimized" on Feb 24, now it's been 7 days without any change.
Also, when I check the status on USCIS tracker, it still remains the message same as 7 days ago. "send notice blah blah..."
How about your case? Do you get still same message after a week past?
Other people mentioned here, they got new message(card production, sending a card or usps notice) in few days after changing to Optimized, but mine is still no change after a week. Is it normal? just wait more days?
Thank you.

Thank you for your explanation.
My case was changed "Accepted" to "Optimized" on Feb 24, now it's been 7 days without any change.
Also, when I check the status on USCIS tracker, it still remains the message same as 7 days ago. "send notice blah blah..."
How about your case? Do you get still same message after a week past?
Other people mentioned here, they got new message(card production, sending a card or usps notice) in few days after changing to Optimized, but mine is still no change after a week. Is it normal? just wait more days?
Thank you.

Like I said Optimized means the payment and everything is fine, but it is still required for someone to actually pick it up and USCIS and create order for GC. On the bottom right corner there should be a message about your application is ready to be picked up and reviewed by officer. As a comparison ours has been in Optimized for a bit over a week also and it went to that state quite fast after POE.

Of course to verify this you can call USCIS and check what Optimized means in your case I guess. :)

Hello, I paid my fee on january 4th, POA Chicago January 31st and I still have that message "your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." So not Optimized yet :(. Also I haven't received my SSN.
Should I get a SSN or just wait?
Thanks

Hello, I paid my fee on january 4th, POA Chicago January 31st and I still have that message "your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." So not Optimized yet :(. Also I haven't received my SSN.
Thanks

Go to the SSA and check whether there is a SSN assigned to you - if not, apply for one.

Thanks

It's usually 30-60 days from entry to optimized so that is within the normal timeframe, but your SSN card should have arrived by now, so agree with britsimon to visit your local SSA office.

thanks for the information. I'm currently in Spain so I'll see If I can do it online or mail.

You will need to visit the SSA office in person in order to enquire about your SSN, it's not something that can be done online or by mail.

Hi guys,

An update on my case if it helps for reference:
Interview: January 8th
Paid fee: January 12th
Entered US: January 17th
Elis update to Optimized: February 26th with a notice that case is in Lockbox
Card production started: March 4th
Card arrival: pending

Hopes that helps. Will update when card arrives.

Time frame of my case.

Paid the fee : Jan.28
POE at New York : Feb.03
Elise changed 'accepted' to 'optimized' : Feb.24
USCIS status tracker message 'sent a notice' : Feb.24
USCIS message 'card producing' : Mar.03
Now I'm waiting new update.

I hope that card is picked up soon by USPS.