• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hello,

I want to share my GC delivery status, I was admitted In the US Dec 6, 2014 paid my GC fee couple weeks before, today my case moved from accepted to optimized and it says:
Card Is Being Produced
On December 19, 2014, we began producing your new card for your Form OSxxx, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxx. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 18, 2015, please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request your card. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
I guess with the holidays close it won't be mail this year :)

any of you guys has any idea, when your case status is "Optimized" (in process) what it means when they say file is awaiting verification...??? If so how long does it take? I entered October and still no card!

any of you guys has any idea, when your case status is "Optimized" (in process) what it means when they say file is awaiting verification...??? If so how long does it take? I entered October and still no card!

Generally you should get your card within a week of it going to optimized. I don't know what your message means, I suggest you call them or make an infopass to find out.

How reliable is the USCIS address change function?
Ive heard the changes usually doesnt make it in time and ur GC usually ends up at the address when you enter the POE

Is it possible to get the PO to retain ur package by going down and providing ur tracking #+passport for verification?

How reliable is the USCIS address change function?
Ive heard the changes usually doesnt make it in time and ur GC usually ends up at the address when you enter the POE

Is it possible to get the PO to retain ur package by going down and providing ur tracking #+passport for verification?

Yes you heard. It takes a while for an address change done through the USCIS address change site to get updated. So the GC will be sent to whatever address was originally provided at the time of your interview or at the POE.

Regarding going to the post office and requesting a hold, I doubt that request will be entertained.

Hi guys,

Another update I got today from USCIS - by email and text -regarding my GC, the status moved to closed and the cards has been mailed :

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: IOExxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: OSxxxx, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On December 24, 2014, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 23, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at my case

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Card Was Mailed To Me

That cloud be helpful for people waiting for their card.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Sorry, Creature/Wissamo for hijacking this thread but I need some suggestion regarding "plastic" Green Card. I am from Nepal, won DV14, got the visa in Nepal, paid immigration fee, landed on US on Aug. 18th, 2014. For some apparent reason, I haven't received my "plastic" Green Card yet. I have tried to keep up with USCIS via mail and phone. The latest update I got was:
The status of this service request is:
USCIS is currently awaiting the arrival of biometrics before your Permanent Resident Card can be produced. A request has been made to schedule a biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice as soon as there is an available date and time at your local Application Support Center (ASC) office. Due to backlogs at some sites it may take more than 60 days for this appointment to be scheduled.

So, I am still waiting. I might wait till my 10th month in US to get an infopass (What do you guys suggest?). But the main problem is my Visa says it will EXPIRE at the end of January 2015. There is a sentence saying "Upon endorsement serves as temporary permanent residence for 1 year." is that it? or do I need to get a new visa within January?? or was I supposed to get a new Visa Stamp at my POE (the officer at my POE was a jerk/rude ..or may be I was there at around 11pm so he was sleepy)
Thanks is advance for suggest/comments. :)

Sorry, Creature/Wissamo for hijacking this thread but I need some suggestion regarding "plastic" Green Card. I am from Nepal, won DV14, got the visa in Nepal, paid immigration fee, landed on US on Aug. 18th, 2014. For some apparent reason, I haven't received my "plastic" Green Card yet. I have tried to keep up with USCIS via mail and phone. The latest update I got was:
USCIS is currently awaiting the arrival of biometrics before your Permanent Resident Card can be produced. A request has been made to schedule a biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice as soon as there is an available date and time at your local Application Support Center (ASC) office. Due to backlogs at some sites it may take more than 60 days for this appointment to be scheduled.

So, I am still waiting. I might wait till my 10th month in US to get an infopass (What do you guys suggest?). But the main problem is my Visa says it will EXPIRE at the end of January 2015. There is a sentence saying "Upon endorsement serves as temporary permanent residence for 1 year." is that it? or do I need to get a new visa within January?? or was I supposed to get a new Visa Stamp at my POE (the officer at my POE was a jerk/rude ..or may be I was there at around 11pm so he was sleepy)

Hi Chemistry,

According to my information (the members of this forum can keep me honest), the day you got admitted as LPR (the date is stamped on your passport on top of your visa), your visa will be your proof of LPR and you have one year from that date before expiration, you have to get your green card wallet size before that expiration date.

Thanks,

Hello,

Another update - the last one- regarding my green card delivery , got it today, my timeline is in my signature I guess I was lucky to have everything that fast a month an half:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: IOExxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: OSxxxx, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On December 27, 2014, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, to the address that you gave us on December 27, 2014. The tracking number assigned is .... You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
  • Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

It's one year from date of entry (that entry stamp is when your visa gets endorsed). It then stops being a visa and becomes a temporary green card. But you've been waiting too long for the plastic one and shouldn't need bioemtrics, they have their wires crossed somewhere. Make an infopass and go and talk to someone face to face and don't leave till they understand the problem.

Thanks Wissamo and SusieQQQ. I am making an infopass on Jan 15. I hope someone over there would be able to fasten my process.

Congrats Wissamo for getting the card!!!

Hi Everyone and wish you a very happy 2015,
I checked my GC status and it's showing that it was delivered on Dec 1st, 2014.. I called the guy on that address (my friend) but he confirmed he did not receive anything yet as of yesterday!!! Although the status on USPS tracking system is confirming delivery to the same zip code provided earlier, could the card be delivered to a wrong address??.
Please advise what an immediate action I need to take??
Highly appreciate your help.
Regards,
William

It's one year from date of entry (that entry stamp is when your visa gets endorsed). It then stops being a visa and becomes a temporary green card. But you've been waiting too long for the plastic one and shouldn't need bioemtrics, they have their wires crossed somewhere. Make an infopass and go and talk to someone face to face and don't leave till they understand the problem.

Hi SusieQQQ,
I received a mail for a biometrics appointment. Also, I recently changed my address so, the appointment is in a different state? I can't afford to fly there. I saw some posts (couple of years older) where they were able to walk-in at their local ASC and get the biometrics done. I don't want to take any risk. I would probably call them on Monday telling my situation. Do you have any suggestion regarding this situation?
Thanks
Sarju

Last edited:
Yo Yo People!

I checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and my wife's card is on it's way and mine is being produced. Any idea how could I get a tracking number for it ???
They would email you the tracking number for it, if not…just watch your mailbox very closely. I got my green card last week but no tracking number had been sent for it and my husband's card though it was ordered on the same day as mine, has not arrived yet and we got no message saying it was being mailed…

Hi Franko or anyone :)

What number did you use to check on this website:
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

When I check with the receipt number from the immigration fee payment it says that such case does not exist.

When I check Uscis Elis it says "Accepted" and the case submitted date is that on which I paid the fee.

Hi Franko or anyone :)

What number did you use to check on this website:
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

When I check with the receipt number from the immigration fee payment it says that such case does not exist.

When I check Uscis Elis it says "Accepted" and the case submitted date is that on which I paid the fee.

Your status has to change to OPTIMIZED. Then when your ELIS account is showing "in process" you will be able to check your if your GC is in production here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do.

You have to use your IOEXXXXXXXXXX number.

Hope that helps.
They would email you the tracking number for it, if not…just watch your mailbox very closely. I got my green card last week but no tracking number had been sent for it and my husband's card though it was ordered on the same day as mine, has not arrived yet and we got no message saying it was being mailed…

No tracking number sent to me either. The card has been posted so should arrive today. I guess... :)

Quick update. Just checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and got this message:

"On February 5, 2015, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. You can use your tracking number at USPS website the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

So they do provide the tracking number and my wife's card will be delivered today :)