Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

Attachment not allowed?

Attachment is not allowed now? I'll contact Admin and ask... meanwhile, I've updated the file (will keep doing so) and upload it when/if it's allowed again.

Congrats Labor_Sucks! wheretogo, I think it's a matter of time... you should hear good news soon.

Please add my spouse's info to the tracker excel sheet. Thanks!

Spouse:
I485: RD: 12/14/2004 AD: ???
Primary:
LC: RIR (PD 1/2002) AD:09/2004: EB3 (India)
I140: RD: 12/14/2004 AD: 3/14/2005
I485: RD: 12/14/2004 AD: 6/7/2007
Child:
I485: RD: 12/14/2004 AD: 6/7/2007

I recently got LUD on my approved I140, I131 and I824. Could it be that the decision will be made soon or I am just being optimistic?

People who are waiting for approval of derivatives, I have a good news. Still they are approving.

My son got approval yesterday (8/8/07). We (my wife and I) were approved on 7/13/07.

Still we are waiting for the approval of my younger son. He was below 14 at the time of filing I 485 and biometric was never taken. He just turned to 14 Y in May 07. We have his appointment for biometric on 8/14/07. Per my Senate office inquiry, his case will be completed after biometric and name check. I believe, they are not doing FBI name check for kids below 18Y (however, I am not sure).

Bottom line : Approvals are still coming !!

Good luck to all

Congrats khodalmd, I am still waiting

People who are waiting for approval of derivatives, I have a good news. Still they are approving.

My son got approval yesterday (8/8/07). We (my wife and I) were approved on 7/13/07.

Still we are waiting for the approval of my younger son. He was below 14 at the time of filing I 485 and biometric was never taken. He just turned to 14 Y in May 07. We have his appointment for biometric on 8/14/07. Per my Senate office inquiry, his case will be completed after biometric and name check. I believe, they are not doing FBI name check for kids below 18Y (however, I am not sure).

Good luck to all

Congrats khodalmd, best wishes for second son approval.

Your prediction on me proven wrong, hope my prediction comes true :)

Good luck to all

Update

Now we can post attachments again, I'm posting update.

Congrats khodalmd, hope your younger boy will get approved soon.

no luck yet. Numerous calls to TSC and Infopass visits have not helped yet. Different IOs keep saying one of following
1. "your wife's case has not been assigned to an officer yet"
2. "your wife's case is being transferred to the officer"
3. "your wife's case is within the officer".

I assume, that 1==2, so there are actually two different versions of what's going on. At least all of them confirm, that all her backround check routines have been done.

A few IOs promised to send a follow-up emails to the Adjudication Office, but I haven't seen any movement on the case yet. I personally faxed a complaint to the Adj. Office. Yet, nothing.

I will call TSC tomorrow and make another attempt to push the case forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
My spouse's case has been with an officer (per 3 POJ's) for at least three months. That's consistent. However, visa number not allotted (from 2 sources). We are sort of resigned to the concept of "visa unavailability" and waiting for October. Sort of.

I'm pretty sure CIS won't respond to the inquiry Ombudsman's office initiated for us, but we'll try contacting them once 45 days have passed.

Keep us posted; let us know what you hear from TSC tomorrow.

no luck yet. Numerous calls to TSC and Infopass visits have not helped yet. Different IOs keep saying one of following
1. "your wife's case has not been assigned to an officer yet"
2. "your wife's case is being transferred to the officer"
3. "your wife's case is within the officer".

I assume, that 1==2, so there are actually two different versions of what's going on. At least all of them confirm, that all her backround check routines have been done.

A few IOs promised to send a follow-up emails to the Adjudication Office, but I haven't seen any movement on the case yet. I personally faxed a complaint to the Adj. Office. Yet, nothing.

I will call TSC tomorrow and make another attempt to push the case forward.

Finally, I reached TSC this morning. Nothing thrilling. Background checks for my wife's case were completed almost year ago. No clear reason why the case was separated. No clear reason why it's been sitting almost 2 months with no touch after my approval. No clear expectation when it's gonna be reviewed even though "the case is within the Unit". The only positive thing is that the IIO (elderly AA lady) promised to "look into it". Hope, it'll kick off the case. I'll see if there are any changes occur online and make another follow up call soon.
Anybody else has any updates?

By "the case was separated" do you simply refer to the fact that her case was not approved at the same time? Or have you confirmed that they actually have separated your cases so her case has been left alone in another place? (I hear about cases like the latter, no idea how that can happen though).

Oh and my wife's security check was cleared 10 months ago or so too. So, yeah, same here: no clear reason why they haven't touched her case even a bit for 6 months and a half after my approval. No LUD (except for the one on the same date as my approval), no REF. Totally nothing.

Now that the September Bulletin (on paper) gets her case into the line again, we will probably try calling TSC again. Not sure if it will work in any way, but gotta act when visa numbers are there. I'll post how it goes.

Finally, I reached TSC this morning. Nothing thrilling. Background checks for my wife's case were completed almost year ago. No clear reason why the case was separated. No clear reason why it's been sitting almost 2 months with no touch after my approval. No clear expectation when it's gonna be reviewed even though "the case is within the Unit". The only positive thing is that the IIO (elderly AA lady) promised to "look into it". Hope, it'll kick off the case. I'll see if there are any changes occur online and make another follow up call soon.
Anybody else has any updates?

Since the verb "to separate" has several meanings, I use it with regards to the fact, that my case (beneficiary) and my son's case (derivative, minor) were approved, but my wife's case (derivative) is still pending. Usually TSC IIOs are ok with that and never tried to hang up on me. So, I assume, I use the term "separated" correctly, even though "spacewise" all the cases are in the TSC.
I've been trying to resolve this issue on my own for almost two months, but no success yet. I've found it difficult to push the case forward through phone calls and Infopass apptointments. I guess, I need to get the Senators' or Ombudsman's assistance on that, since my lawyer is also useless here. The only thing she's done by now is a SR, that her paralegal made with USCIS National Customer Service. Priceless try... :mad:

By "the case was separated" do you simply refer to the fact that her case was not approved at the same time? Or have you confirmed that they actually have separated your cases so her case has been left alone in another place? (I hear about cases like the latter, no idea how that can happen though).

Oh and my wife's security check was cleared 10 months ago or so too. So, yeah, same here: no clear reason why they haven't touched her case even a bit for 6 months and a half after my approval. No LUD (except for the one on the same date as my approval), no REF. Totally nothing.

Now that the September Bulletin (on paper) gets her case into the line again, we will probably try calling TSC again. Not sure if it will work in any way, but gotta act when visa numbers are there. I'll post how it goes.

Hi geofu,

I am back from our india trip. No questions asked at the port of entry. there is an update on my wife's case. See my signature. I do not really understand why there is an LUD on my approved I-140.

I will keep posting the progress.

Waiting for Derivetive Approval

Count me in!!!.

Mine got approved on Aug 15 07,
Waiting for Derivetive's approval.

Self:
PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD : Dec 2003
FP1, FP2 : Jan 2005, May 2007
I-485 Rec LUD's : 08/07/07, 08/08/07, 08/14/07, 08/15/07, 08/16/07

I- 485 AD : 08/15/07

Wife:
PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD : Dec 2003
FP1, FP2 : Jan 2005, May 2007
I-485 Rec LUD's : May 15 2007 after Fp2
I- 485 AD : :mad: :mad:

Count me in.

My case was approved July 30th. Wife's is not not. I called using POJ but they said they are waiting for review by a supervisor. I believe Security Check is complete.

Ombudsman -> CIS reply...

Yesterday, we got a reply from CIS regarding the formal inquiry initiated by Ombudsman 's office for us (for people who are considering asking for their help, we sent a mail in mid to late June, got their reply one month later, and then got a reply from CIS one month later, so it was an in total two months process).

HOWEVER, the idiots (I mean, CIS) replied about MY CASE, which was, of course, already approved this Feb and anyone with a modicum of brain would see we didn't have any need to inquire about my current case status. The stupidity was totally mind-boggling (though not surprising, lol). Anyhoo, we'll wait for a few days to see if any reply about her case may not arrive separately, and if not, we'll contact Ombudsman again. Sigh.

(I'll update the sheet later).