TRACKER: NSC I-140 in Spreadsheet

Letter to NSC

Hi guys

I just mailed this letter to NSC, as Naanshi suggested.

streddy

To March 24, 2004
The DIRECTOR
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Subject: Please read this letter: Proccessing of I-140s at NSC

Respected Sir,
This is to bring to your notice that NSC has not been processing Aug/Sept 03 cases of I140. It is understandable if there is a backlog by few months. But they are jumping the queue and had processed several cases of Nov/Dec 03, and also those with notice date of Jan/Feb/Mar 04. What about those who are in the queue with lot of anticipation and hopes?
Uncertainity about things that could affect your life the most causes a feeling of hopelessness and tons of stress.
I sincerely request you to take some action in this regard.
Thanking you
Regards

NSC I-140 filer

Originally posted by bee_bee_bee_kay
naanshi, did you pray hard... I mean very hard.... :D:D:D
Well, just kidding, hope your 140 clears fast....

I did pray very very very very very very very very hard. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Let us see how it works!!!!!

I have posted the letter today to NSC service director as suggested by Ginnu and nannshi. I hope all who visit this site must post the letters.

Friends, We can make the difference. Please send the letter to the Director NSC. I am just giving you a draft. You may write in your own way.Correct me if any mistake is there.
Even if you filed in October, November 2003, please send the letter. I have mentioned about the random processing also.

FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE NSC DIRECTOR

USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Subject: Extreme delay in processing of I-140 petitions, filed in August, September 2003 at NSC

Dear Director,

As applicants of Nebraska Service Center, we wish to appeal to you, to take immediate steps to expedite the I140 process especially for August, September 2003 Cases. Many of us have been waiting for years to get our Labor Certification approved, and are deeply affected by the extreme delays at the I140 stage. We came to know through our Employers, friends and attorneys that some of the January, February, March 2004 cases are approved within two months, while lot of August, September 2003 cases are pending for more than six months. We are confident that NSC is doing all the steps to process the cases according to the Notice Date, but this random processing is giving us lot of frustration, insecurity and stress.

We request you to kindly expedite the I140 process of the August, September I-140 cases, which are pending for more than six months now and make sure that the cases are processed according to the Notice date.

Thank you for your immediate action,

Yours Sincerely,
NSC I-140 filers

Ginnu,

Why do we have to mention the names? Why can't we just say "NSC I140 filers" as Naanshi had mentioned in the letter?

Thanks

sv70

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make the little changes in letter language, write the names of any friends on letter and let these letters be posted from different states, city; or just send the letter to someone in envelope and that should be mailed. This is just to send more letters to NSC director. Any person can mail the letters even if he/she has no I-140 pending, GC holders or citizen can also write the letters

Why do we have to mention the names?
--- you can send with out name it is not a problem
Why can't we just say "NSC I140 filers" as Naanshi had mentioned in the letter?
-do that if you like it becase director will not be able to reply back if no address, name on the letters , the letters can go to garbage

Ginnu,
Please correct me if I am wrong. Our goal here is to inform the Director that there is a huge backlog in Aug, Sept 2003 I-140 cases and to get his attention in this matter. Why we need his reply?

I am sure his reply will be something like "We are currently processing March 1990 I-140 cases and you will have to wait for 14 more years. We thank you for bringing this to my attention blah.....blah...". What is the use of this?

And if they want to put it in Garbage, they can do even if you give your name, Address, Photos, A# ......

This is Just my opinion and I don't want to say that I am right.

Naanshi.

RFE

140 ND: 08/26/03 Concurrent , EB3

RFE on : 03/25/04

After 7 months wait I got an update on my 140. RFE sent out today.

Thanks,

VKT

I-140

One of my friend who file on dec '22,2003 got his I-140 APPROVED.. I filed on oct'2003 still waiting.. both are EB3-AOS (Nebraska)

don't know why nebraska acts so randomly ?

Venkat,
I guess your case is a Labor Substitution. Am I right?

1. What was the Education in the Labor? What is yours?
2. What is the total number of Employees in your company?
3. Do you have any idae about how they did last year? Profit or loss?

Mostly it will be for the Company Financial Ability. Hope you will get your approval, after sending the documents.

I am seeing a lot of RFEs for August end cases. These cases must be in stupid hands.

naanshi.

I-140 additional info

Hi,

I have filed for 140 eb3 concurrent on march 14,2004 labor substitution.Today i saw online mess saying we mailed a "notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. Is this called RFE ?? any idea what can it be ??

Thanks,
Rama.

Originally posted by naanshi
Ginnu,
Please correct me if I am wrong.
--- You are never wrong you are always correct , do what you feel better ( I am wrong most of the times)

Our goal here is to inform the Director that there is a huge backlog in Aug, Sept 2003 I-140 cases and to get his attention in this matter. Why we need his reply?

------------- When you write to congressman or senator for any concern you provide your address and in past I got reply to my each mail I sent to any senator or congressman, even if that has nothing to do with immigration. If you don’t need service director reply or he/she does not reply I am NOT to be blamed. It was just my opinion and you can always ignore my post or my opinion. Dear,Taking your frustration on me is not going to help you. Do what you feel better.

I am sure his reply will be something like "We are currently processing March 1990 I-140 cases and you will have to wait for 14 more years. We thank you for bringing this to my attention blah.....blah...". What is the use of this?

And if they want to put it in Garbage, they can do even if you give your name, Address, Photos, A# ......

This is Just my opinion and I don't want to say that I am right.

Naanshi.

Ginnu,
Looks like you misunderstood me. I am not taking my frustration on you. I just posted my opinion.

We will just leave this matter with this.

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Please update the tracker with mt approval..
Although it was approved on March 24th, website got updated today (26th).

RD Aug 28
ND Sep 02
LIN03-258-5xxxx

Thanks for the all the support.. The wait wasn't so difficult when I could see so many friends on the same boat!!!

Well, now the longer and more frustrating journey starts!!!

it is my time say, YAHOOOO !!

my case was approved yesterday,, as many know my case RD was 8/25 and ND is 8/28 ...

I have not been running the excel scanner from last week as my project ended last week and no excel software at home to run, but today I just checked my case and saw the good news..

See you all July/Aug/Sept/Oct filers again in I-485.. I think we will all be talking to each other again there !!

dasarihp_newid ,

CONGRATS !!!! , hope to meet you soon in 485 forums!!

Sorry to hear about ur job, but now that u r kind of free bird, u will get new one soon... all the best

Yedati

Hi,

I am reading this form and here who have applied in aug/sept time are getting approvals/RFEs but i have applied in march,04 and got RFE. my question is if i reply with RFE do they approve fast or its a long wait again.

Thanks,
Rama.

Hi Rama,
I guess you are a concurrent filer and you did not get your EAD/AP. When the officer initially reviewed your I-140 file for EAD/AP approval, he/she found that something is missing and issued RFE. That is the reason why you got RFE within a month.

After you replied to the RFE "PROPERLY", One of the following can happen.

1. you may get EAD/AP/I-140 Approval at the same time, that too just after receiving the RFE reply.
2. You may get EAD/AP imediately and wait for your turn for I-140 approval.
3. All the Three may be delayed for quit some time.

It is very hard to predict and it varies Officer to Officer.

naanshi.

Thanks naanshi.

I have filed semi-concurrent. I mean first filed 140 waited for receipt and then 485/EAD/AP.. we just filed 485 and still not have recd any receipt.

we have filed h1 7th ext and 140 together. do you think 140 approval will work out soon ?? it is again labor subs case..

Thanks,
Rama.