TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

help for follow-to-join

Guys.

Assume I filed I-140 and I-485 petition concurrently on July 1, 2003, and my I-140 got approved, for example, on Feb 1, 2004. Then my spouse filed I-485 with follow-to-join on March 1, 2004.
I am wondering when is the earliest date that I can change employer safely using AC21. I understand that date is either I-140 AD or the 180 days after I-485 filing. I should take whichever is late. But I am not sure the 180 day is based on my ND or my spouse ND. Can anyone clarify this? link and reference are very appreciated.

Thanks.

Help for I-140

Hi friends,

I have I-140 pending at NSC (EB3/RIR/Conc) for 11 months now. There is no RFE, no approval, status has not changed on BCIS site even once during this time. Enquiry with Customer Service has also resulted in standard written reply from NSC that case is under processing. At this stage, I am not sure where I stand as far as my application with NSC is concerned. I have following questions for your advise/suggestions.

1. Is it possible to file a 2nd I-140 application at NSC using same labor cert (the original labor cert is approved in my name only).
2. What impact the new I-140 application will have on the existing I-765 and I-485 applications.
3. Is it possible to change Attorney at this stage and has any one done so. Does changing G-28 for new Attorney with NSC will result in more delay.
4. Is there any maximum time limit for I-140 within which NSC has to reply.
5. What could be possible reasons for this hold up/MESS.

Thanks to every one in advance for advise.

xstone

** you should have posed this not in this thread as this thread is to track the approval of I-140 filed with NSC

Assume I filed I-140 and I-485 petition concurrently on July 1, 2003, and my I-140 got approved, for example, on Feb 1, 2004.
Then my spouse filed I-485 with follow-to-join on March 1, 2004.
--------then you qualify for AC21 and can join new employer in same similar job
I am wondering when is the earliest date that I can change employer safely using AC21. I understand that date is either I-140 AD or the 180 days after I-485 filing.

----- I-140 Approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days
I should take whichever is late. But I am not sure the 180-day is based on my ND
----- RD of your I-485
or my spouse ND. Can anyone clarify this? link and reference are very appreciated.

Take the print out and Read the AC21 august Memo:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I140_AC21_8403.pdf
http://www.usavisanow.com/8-13-03-140-485.pdf
http://www.murthy.com/UDportme.html

Re: help for follow-to-join

Originally posted by xstone
Guys.

Assume I filed I-140 and I-485 petition concurrently on July 1, 2003, and my I-140 got approved, for example, on Feb 1, 2004. Then my spouse filed I-485 with follow-to-join on March 1, 2004.
I am wondering when is the earliest date that I can change employer safely using AC21. I understand that date is either I-140 AD or the 180 days after I-485 filing. I should take whichever is late. But I am not sure the 180 day is based on my ND or my spouse ND. Can anyone clarify this? link and reference are very appreciated.

Thanks.

well the statement is more like (180 days after your 485 is filed) and (your 140 is approved). i know a person who changed jobs and then married and appied for her 485. so it has to be your 485 filing. it doesnt concern spouse's filing date.

sunks

I have I-140 pending at NSC (EB3/RIR/Conc) for 11 months now. There is no RFE, no approval; status has not changed on BCIS site even once during this time. Enquiry with Customer Service has also resulted in standard written reply from NSC that case is under processing. At this stage, I am not sure where I stand as far as my application with NSC is concerned. I have following questions for your advise/suggestions.

1. Is it possible to file a 2nd I-140 application at NSC using same labor cert (the original labor cert is approved in my name only).
--- I don’t think it is possible to file new I-140 based on same LC? What is the reason to file it again with same LC? USCIS may get confused
2. What impact the new I-140 application will have on the existing I-765 and I-485 applications.
3. Is it possible to change Attorney at this stage and has any one done so. Does changing G-28 for new Attorney with NSC will result in more delay?

----- You can change attorney any time but I-140 is filed by your employer he should change the attorney and hire new attorney and send newG28 to service center do you think new attorney will help to expedite the I-140 process?
4. Is there any maximum time limit for I-140 within which NSC has to reply.
------ Your employer can ask NCSC for I-140 status, if you want reply your employer can contact congressman office. If I am in your situation I will wait for few months more
5. What could be possible reasons for this hold up/MESS.
GOK

please add this to the tracker.

charliesangel
140 ND July 1'st 2003
RIR EB3 Semi concurrent.
Waiting for approval.

applied for 485 in October

Help for I-140

Ginnu,

Thanks for the replies. I have one more question. Is it possible to file for new I-140 using same LC through same Employer at different service centre. Just trying to look for some other options also.

Help

My Labor just approved 2 days back.

I am new to this post and I wanted to now whether I am in
right thread ???

Also unfortunately my lawer is out of town for 2 weeks.I would appreciate if anybody can tell me what are the documents I can keep it ready by myself meanwhile ???????

Thanks.

sunks

Thanks for the replies. I have one more question. Is it possible to file for new I-140 using same LC through same Employer at different service centre?
---- NO you cant file, it will be duplicate filing, you are allowed to file I-140 if you have other LC through new employer then new employer can file other I-140 based on new LC. I don’t know what you are trying to achieve

Just trying to look for some other options also.

Thanks Ginnu for advice. I am not going for 2nd I-140 to complicate matters. Will wait for some more time and may luck smile on me then.

Please update my details on the tracker :

I140 - Non - Concurrent
RD & ND - 09/19/03
EB3 / RIR

I have an interesting question ? My understanding of case number is that first 3 letter stands for Service center, e.g. LIN, then 03 is for the year the case has been filed and next three letter for example in my case it is 271 are for the day of that year when your case has been received by BCIS, and last five numbers are your case number.

If above is true then my date of receipt and case number
LIN03271***** does not match because Sept 19th was 262nd day of the year.

Anyone have answer or any comments on that ..

My understanding is that BCIS year is from 10/1 to 9/30 and the number of days is the "working day" number in that year. I did the same math a while ago for my case but it still doesn't add up unless BCIS also works on some saturdays. In the end I just gave up.

titu

Originally posted by Victor3536
Please update my details on the tracker :

I140 - Non - Concurrent
RD & ND - 09/19/03
EB3 / RIR

I have an interesting question ? My understanding of case number is that first 3 letter stands for Service center, e.g. LIN, then 03 is for the year the case has been filed and next three letter for example in my case it is 271 are for the day of that year when your case has been received by BCIS, and last five numbers are your case number.

If above is true then my date of receipt and case number
LIN03271***** does not match because Sept 19th was 262nd day of the year.

Anyone have answer or any comments on that ..

Pening Advance Parole

Guys,

I am still waiting for my AP approval from NSC (RD 12/03/2004/concurrent). EAD approved on 01/14/2004.

Looks like there are lot of pending Advance Parole applications around that date when I checked the receipt numbers around mine. But looks like lot of EAD applications are approved. Is there any known delay with APs these days at NSC?

By the way, does anybody know at what time on each day the online status is updated so that we can check everyday after that time?

Thank You.

Titu

You may be right .. I also give up .. It does not matter as long as case gets approved ..Right ?

Thanks for your reply..

approved

my case was approved yesterday

rd 7/27/03
nd 8/4/03
ad 1/28/04

more details in the tracker.

good luck to everyone. naanshi or neone else, can u guys pls take care of maintaining the tracker.

Congrats HumHongeKamyaab!!!!

We will Take care of the tracker.

One question. Till what date/time your online status showed as Pending and when it changed to approved?

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator: