TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

Receipt info not yet

Dont know what is exactly going on with my application.
How long does it take to get the receipt from NSC for 485/AP/EAD . My attorney mailed it on 22-DEC-2003 so far no reply. Still waiting are they taking so much time to send the receipt

My fellow 140 waitlisters what is the general opinion regarding my question below

** Is Eb2 concurrent-RIR any faster than eb3-concurrent-RIR?
** It is taking approximately 6 mths for concurrent-rir 140 approval is that a safe assesment?

rock369!

6 months could be a safe on general terms!! But never a universal rule.. it could changed for good or bad.. But considering the fact of reaching the H1 Cap.. it could be faster..

rock369

EB2 is NOT faster than EB3.. Also, it looks like there are additional risks involved with EB2 like..

Are you an Advanced Degree holder ?
Is the Advanced Degree really required for the job offered ?
Are all the other employees in that organization with similar job titles Advaned Degree holders ?
Do you qualify as an Exceptional candidate ?

It seems like at NSC, EB2 is not a prefered option.
So, if any of you are thinking about which option is better, My vote is for EB3.

I have opted for EB2 with my attorney's advice., but I did not know enough that time.

I-140 case with Notice date August 05, 2003 got RFE today. Looks like I-140 is moving slowly even in this winter storm.

naanshi.

I-140 Delays

Per Attorney Murthy, the main reason for I-140 delay is because of H1B processing. PLease read below:

"Why are I-140s taking so long?

The processing times for I-140s have become quite lengthy throughout the United States. When questioned as to when applicants and beneficiaries can expect some improvement, the answer was a bit vague. The USCIS advises that each Service Center is on a "production plan." USCIS must first address legally required deadlines and its plan to reduce waiting times at the local level. There is a hope, but not a promise, to move some USCIS examiners to I-140 adjudication after backlogs are reduced in other areas and after the H1B cap is reached. Therefore, hitting the H1B cap will be bad news for many, but may be good news for people with long pending I-140 petitions."

Planet3rd

well In my case,eb2 was the only option as my bachelors degree from India is Mechanical engg and I did my MBA in MIS in the US. I got my labor approved on the basis of the MBA.

Same here, Mech Engg Bachelors from India, and MS in computer science from US, My labor is also EB2. Hopefully we should get through without any hassles!

QUESTION

Guys,
'x' company has a labor substitution available and they are ready to
apply for my I-140. I have done B.sc (3year) and Master in computers (3 years course in India)
and have 8 years of experience.

Question: what are your thoughts about going to the new company and file for I-140/485.

My six year period expires in July'04 and the current
company has applied for my labor(thruough another company) and is pending for 21 months so far.
Current company says they they can extend the H1B for another year till I get my labor.

is it safe to go to 'x' company and apply for 1-140/485 or do I need to wait for my labor which
is pending rightnow.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Few more Questions here:

1. How much the Education and experience in the 'x' company labor match with your actual education and experience?
2. Does this 'x' company labor have "Combination of degrees may be accepted or Three years degree may be accepted"

naanshi.

Originally posted by naanshi
Few more Questions here:

1. How much the Education and experience in the 'x' company labor match with your actual education and experience?
2. Does this 'x' company labor have "Combination of degrees may be accepted or Three years degree may be accepted"

naanshi.

thanks for replying Naanshi, I am just requesting the LC from "X" company and talk to an attorney and see what he says.

I140 approved

Guys ! my I140 was approved today ..ND Aug 11,2003 ...Good Luck to all of you !
I cant believe it yet :)

I-140 Details

EB3 RIR LIN-03-251-5XXXX
RD (I140,EAD,AP) 8/20/2003
ND (I140,EAD,AP) 8/22/2003
RFE 10/03/2003(Company Finan........)
RFE Rep 12/23/2003 as per USCIS

AD Waiting

EAD AD 10/02/2003
AP AD Waiting

Last edited by a moderator: