TRACKER: Jan - Dec 2003 in Spreadsheet

I140 receipt

If you are filing for 140 and 485/765/131 together then you don't need 140 receipt no. But if you are not sending these papers together then you need 140 receipt no for filing 485.
Hope that's clear.

Re: tracker

Originally posted by HumHongeKamyaab
tracker

EAD - approved - online status update

EB2 - RIR
ND: Sep 30 2003
EAD --- LIN-03-280-******
Approved Date : Nov 10, 2003 ( Online status)

I140/131/485 - waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
I 1485

HumHongeKamyaab

As per my attorney you need to have the receipt number of 140 for 485 to be filed.

But here is my major question do i need to join company B before filing 485

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I 1485

as some other poster stated 'u dnt need i-140 receipt number if u send all the documents (i-140 and i-485) together'.

green card is for future employment. u need to join them after ur i-485 gets approved. if u do not then it cud be perceived that u had no intention to work for the sponsoring employer and cud pose serious problems when u apply for citizenship.

Originally posted by nelabor
HumHongeKamyaab

As per my attorney you need to have the receipt number of 140 for 485 to be filed.

But here is my major question do i need to join company B before filing 485

HumHongeKamyaab

Great .. But if i dont join it is a problem only when i apply for Citizen ship. If i do not apply for Citizenship is this a problem if i dont join at all for just having the Green Card (That company is my friends company)

Will they ask for Payroll records in 485 processing at any stage or any RFE will be for payroll records ? if so what is the action ..

Thanks for all ur responces,

I talked to the lawyer today and he said that he was suprised too when they returned the rest of the documents and checks for 485's(me and my wife)and just processed 140!!

We filed for 140,485,765,131 together in one packet!!! He read out the letter from them and it sounded wierd pointing out diffrent ways to apply (ie. concurrent and non-concurrent) and still did not process my case as concurrent!

lawyer is sending rest of the docs again today. Lets see how it goes.

Yedati

nelabor

The interpretation of "Permanent Employment" ranges.. I read some where., If you are employed for six months to one year with that employer, your intent (for GC) will not be questioned.

On the other hand, the employer can actually terminate your job at any time (Could be like with in few months after your GC).

You may want to discuss with your attorney about different options..

1] CP Option..
2] Is it good to apply for EAD etc.. particularly since you are going to have a long time to go between your EAD and I-485.

Please post your notes here if you happen to know more on this subject.

dbsraju

Are you saying i should be employed for 6 to 12 months after GC or from the time of Applying 485 ...

Who can terminate the job that part is confusing .. please clarify

Re: dbsraju

if u dnt intend to join ur frnds Company at all then it will be perceived that both u and ur friend have not started the green card process in good faith and ur intentions are fraudelnt.

wht he means is u can be employed with ur frnds Company for say 3-4 months and then he lays off people or the Company closes then u shud not have any problems.

i wud advise u to be careful. if u have thought of a way to bypass the process then more often than not the bcis has already thought abt it. if u never apply for citizenship, i dunno if they can question u when u have to renew ur green card.

Originally posted by nelabor
Are you saying i should be employed for 6 to 12 months after GC or from the time of Applying 485 ...

Who can terminate the job that part is confusing .. please clarify

HumHongeKamyaab

That 3 to 4 months needs to be at before Applying 485 or can it be at any stage after EAD or after 1 year of applying 485

it should be after I-485 approved AND after you go to local BCIS office to get temporary GC stamp in your passport, the day you get GC stamp in passport that is the day you become GC holder (actual GC card may take time to arrive in the mail)

Great gurus

Good information i get that will be helpful. I post any other details i get from my attorney

I-140 approved

I-140 was approved today :))

My details are here

RD 7/14/03
ND 7/17/03
Concurrent

EAD approved 9/11/03

Goodluck to everyone waiting