TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

bad_juju, I am from CT with ND 4/9 with no FP notice. Your AVM should be updated when the FP notice is sent.

Since most of the March filers have EAD/AP approved and FP done, the thread has quietened a lot. Please provide updates if you have any.

FYI, for those who have travel plans with valid H1/485 receipt notice: My AP is not approved yet and my H1 is still valid. I had been to Canada with no hassles. The border patrol looked at my H1 in passport and asked where did I go to in Canada and purpose of visit. That was it.

Last edited by a moderator:
please add to tracker

Thank you, st8, for the reply.

My data for the tracker is
EAC - 157-53
MD - 3/20
RD - 4/10
EAD approved on 5/10
no FP notice yet

Maybe the 8-10 ND applications are forgotten in INSs quest for statistics

looks they are working on the new applications, approving their AP, EAD.. etc so they can put out a statistics of how far they have moved.
But one good thing is everyday counts, we are fast approaching out 180 day limit! ( If it really helps us in anyway :) )

Guys post something to keep this thread alive, its really boring not seeing our thread atleast in the first page :)

Va_waiter2001, not only have I not received my FP notice, my AP is also not approved. And I see June filers with EAD, AP approval and FP notice (I found 1 from CT).

I do not know how INS really does the processes. There are definite goof ups if they can't approve a very basic AP while approving EAD (one would think EAD needs far more verification than AP). It almost seems once they move to the next case in the queue they really do not go back to past ones quite a while (needs frequent pestering by calling IIO).

Off late VSC has also slowed with AOS approvals and at this rate the luckier March filers will get it next March. I do not know about 8, 9, 10 April ND though.

EAD approved at last

At last EAD for spouse approved on Jul 9th.
ND April 6
RD March 18
God bless INS
-nyman

INS screws up my Advance Parole

Attorney spoke with IIO. Was told my AP papers were sent to Harrisburg without approval (All AP approval papers are sent to Harrisburg after approval for preparing the AP document). So, IIO is requesting my AP papers back from Harrisburg and will send it to the "correct" department.

Anyway, AP is not that critical for me as my stamped H1 is valid for another year.

As for FP, IIO said my case not scheduled for FP yet.

Hope 485 for 8, 9, 10 ND is not screwed up in a similar way. You guys should contact VSC.

Process Resumed Date Changed

Hi,

After completing our June 1st 2002 FP appointment, I have heard from AVM on 7th June that our (myself and wife) FP results are received on June 5th 2002 and processing is resumed.
To my surprise, when I checked my case again this date got changed to June 24th. My wife's date remained same.
Did any body had same experience? Do I need to worry? Is this a case of AVM not being updated properly.? As far as I know once the process is resumed it is not touched untill case is assigned to an officer.

Please post your comments...

I asked my attorney to call the INS, but

according to "their" policy they will call the INS only after 6 months. So I though thats also a good idea, I will wait for six months so I can also kick some butts.
But sending AP papers without approval is the height of their work ethics.
Also should we get a job with the same salary after 6 months or is the job description is the one that matters ? For ex, if I get a job in midwest for a lesser salary ( offcourse :) ) with the same description does it comply with AC21 ?

Here is my $.02

Title can differ but any amendment to your filing should refer to the job category in your LC. If you are in IT consulting, each company has its own set of titles and if you are in an industry, like say Finance, Pharma, etc., then you have even more titles. So, the job descriptions need to be similar to place you in the same LC category and not necessarily the title. (A DBA in one company can be called consultant in another and systems analyst in another, etc.)

I am *not sure* what impact change of location will have as LC is regional and pays differ from region to region. North East and West Coast pay a lot higher usually compared to other parts of USA. If in the same region as long as pay is higher than the minimum stated in LC, you should be OK.

As always, do verify with an attorney. (If switching jobs, you should have your new company's attorney or one who will be filing your GC). Better spend couple of 100 dollars than repent later.

Wish you good luck!

Any Florida filer??

Is there any Florida filer on this thread and have you received the FP notice yet? If yes, how many days it took after filing for 485?

Thanks for your help,
BR

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

Here is the tracker update. Please provide any missing info or updates.

The thread has gone very quiet. Even this board seems not as active as the older one.

Enjoy!

This is what I got from my lawyer on Fp notice

I have spoken to an INS officer on your case, and she has informed me that
it is not unusual that you have not yet received your fingerprint notices.
Fingerprint notices are issued based on the availability of scheduling
times at local INS application support centers. The notices are not
directly sent by the regional INS, and depending on the caseload of the ASC
at a specific area will determine when the fingerprint notice will be
issued.

The officer also stressed that the INS does not view fingerprinting being
an issue at all unless a they have not been scheduled at least 210 days
after the filing of the I-485 application. So, when calls are made prior
to 210 days on a fingerprinting status, it is not viewed as a problem.

210 days :confused: c'mon who was dreaming about a 6 months processing !!
So now what go and search my file @ Newark INS :rolleyes:

210 days (We are half-way)

Va_waiter, though INS stated ASC sends FP and we can contact after 210 days, it seems odd that all ASCs have been sending FPs for people who filed after us from NY, NJ, MA, CT. Only 8,9,10 April ND seems to have been stuck. Possibly some goof up of those applications by VSC when sending info to ASCs. Hope I am wrong.

In my advance parole, I was surprised that INS sent my AP without approval to Harrisburg, PA to issue AP document. But then, one would think PA center would send it back to VSC. That did not happen and PA center is just keeping it without returning it to VSC for almost 2 months. Now, VSC requests for it to approve AP. Attorney called VSC a month ago and IIO said to call after a month if AP not approved. When called last week, IIO says it was sent to PA incorrectly. If there had been no calls, my AP would just have been sitting at PA with no action. :mad:

I-131, I-765 and I-485 filed at the same time for both hub and myself.

RD: 03/22/02
ND: 04/10/02
RFE for photo for EAD received by INS on 7/1/02.

AP approved in end of May. Still yet to receive EAD and FP notice.

Anybody having a situation similar to me? How much longer will it take to get EAD approved. I thought it would be pretty quick since the preliminary has been finished before RFE was sent out.

It has already been 90 days for EAD. Can I go to local office (Newark) to get one? If so, how? My hub's company attorney filed everything for us but we did receive copy for everything.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Also, can anyone explain the 180 day rule after I-485 filed? The interpretation from various sources are conficting with each other. If my hub gets filed before 180 days, which should be around 10/10/02 (counting from ND), what choices do we have? At one board it says as long as the INS doesn't adjudicate your case during the first 180 days it's OK? But somehow I was not convinced.

one more poor guy who stuck in Apr 8-10 ND

St8,

Please update the my status.

SC : VSC
State : CA

MD : 19-Mar
RD : 21-Mar
ND : 9-Apr
EAD : Some time in May :for myself and spouse
AP : Some time in May for all
FP : GOK

thanks
:confused:

EAD approved after the RFE

EAD approved on July 12th after the RFE for me. waiting for the cards to arrive in mail:)

ND 04/09/02 Still awaiting FP

Hi,
Same as most others with 485 nd-04/09/02

EAC-02-xxxxxxxx

RD : 04/07/2002
ND : 04/09/2002

State: NJ
AP/EAD - 05/06/2002

Still awaiting FP notice

Got my fingers crossed.

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

Well, this 8, 9, 10 April ND filers FP seems a mystery. The exception though is bb301 from NY with 4/9 ND and FP done but then the spouse didn't get it.

mycase9, when was your RFE photo received by INS? Mine was received by them on 7/1/02. Just wanna know how much longer I need to wait.

BTW, st8, I updated my own record in the spreadsheet. Please see attached.

Let's all prey for each other.