TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

st8

Sorry st8. I do not mean that you are Wicked or any person who got GC before me.

It is just that some people around me who are accepted to be wicked in our friends circle got thru. and I am getting frustrated that this is going nowhere. I want to plan for my life and GC is the corner stone for that - either way - get it or not get it. Anyway, my situation is very complex for any person to understand and hence am avoiding un necessary arguments. But after finding that you misunderstood me as if saying that you are wicked, I wanted to clarify.

I agree that our karma will carry over. But I just cannot believe that I could be wicked even in my previous life :)

All the best for you.

DJACOB...Interim AP

I am going this Friday to Newark to try getting one. My company is sending me to London, and has given me a letter for getting one. Lets see if they give me

DryIce,
I agree with your comments. My wife started comparing me with you after reading your comments on God and straightforwardness. I feel the same way.

Chakmur,
The words emanates from total frustration. You might have heard the story of Bhakta Ramadasu who constructed Rama's temple at Bhadrachalam from the taxes collected for Tanasha of Golconda.
Tanasha imprisoned Ramadasu and Ramadasu was praying for saving him. Finally, he became so desparate that he started abusing Rama and there are famous hymns revolving around it.

Though, it might be infurious to compare our materialistic quest for green card with philosophical quests but this journey towards GC coupled with recession has increased frustration levels and at least DryIce still is in a mood to beg God. My frustration levels have reached one more level up but short of abusing God.

-rajum

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rajum for understanding me.

Reading Gita ? I did it. However, let me tell you the effect of reading Gita on me. First of all, I have to acknowledge that it inspired me a LOT when I read it first time. The achievements I made in that mood are phenominal. They are my life turning events for the good side of it.

Slowly, I developed a sence of separation from the society. When someone is trying to buy a camcoder or a car or a house, I start analyzing that the guy is temporary in nature and he does not know it !!!. What for is he planning ? What will be he do or where will he be after about 100 years...

Slowly I start getting un interested and easy going .. employer cutting so much money from my paycheck ? So be it, will he live for 100 years or what .. so I do not even bother. Life became easier .. However, we should not be losers. Here is the conflict. Should we be materialistic and go around earning money and buying all temporary goods and enjoy ( being aware all the time that it is all temporary ) or should we just take everything easy and become a loser ? I want to admit that I did not stop what I was doing. I am earning money, I like money .. in other words I am materialistic. However, when I try to enjoy the things, I feel I am mean guy craving for temporary comforts..

After all this, I felt that, I should not have got educated at all .. I should not have developed this faith in God at all. .. I think if were to grow un educated I would have been ignorant of all these things and would have been much happier...

But anyway for this life, I will continue to be materialistic and continue to crave for GC, money, house etc .. I will achieve everything....

Got 2 nd FP

I got a call from my home that they received 2 nd FP notice...I will be post all the details tomorrow

Rames/Elias

March2002Tracker
I am going this Friday to Newark to try getting one. My company is sending me to London, and has given me a letter for getting one. Lets see if they give me

Did you get the AP?

DJACOB

Yes I got it thos friday. It is diwali today so I will give full details what to do and what to take. If you miss something - specially your passport they will send you back. Mine was jsut a easy fly thru' as I had my old AP, and my passport and my office manager had made a very good file for them to look into, complete with company brochures, company letter.

Ciao

Happy Diwali to all...

Received notice on friday (10/24) and did FP2 on saturday (10/25). Decided to not wait until due date (11/18) and I was lucky! BCIS officer didn't ask reasons or nothing... Good service, took less than 20 minutes in the Boston office. I believe my RFE sent on 10/13 was processed and they asked for FP2 to conclude my case... :)

Message on the web didn't change. Still informing that the RFE was sent...bla...bla...bla...

Thank God the end is coming!

RD 03/11/2002 - 2nd FP Done 10/23/2003

Inspite of changing address and receiving confirmation letters from BCIS, our 2nd FP notices went to my old address and returned back to BCIS 2 times. I think then they checked their files and sent out 2nd FP notices to our new address. Luckyly got the notices 2 days before the given FP date.

Done our 2nd FP on 10/23/2003.

rajum - your prediction that I will get a 2nd FP was correct. thanks!!! Any predictions on my approval ?

RD: 03/11/2002
ND: 04/01/2002
FP1: 05/21/2002
FP2: 10/23/2003
AD: ???????????

I am sorry duffy for giving a pessimistic answer in the previous one.

As mentioned in my previous mail, even though I don't have second FP issue, I myself is totally pessimistic about my RFE.(Now, I am thanking God for late FP).

But going by current trends with second FP, I am not expecting anytime before March 2004 for second FP cases. And going by optimistic estimates, you may get by January fourth week.
However, this process is turning me into pessimistic person.

I strongly feel that we all get together and file class action suit against INS.

-rajum

I still do not see the online update for my second FP (10-19-03). The FP1 updated within several days. Why they process so slow recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status change @ BCIS webpage

Look at this:

"On October 28, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.
"

Isn't that funny? My case is in their possession for more than a year and they say "preliminary processing was complete"... :D

Go figure!

EAC02160

our cases seem very close: mine is 160 too.

State: NY
RD: 03/28/2002
FP1: 05/28/2002
FP2: 10/24/2003(scheduled time 11/18)

no RFE yet.

online message changed today, (From June 3, Oct.28)

Re: RD 03/11/2002 - 2nd FP Done 10/23/2003

duffy5:

when did you get your conformation letters after change address?

Originally posted by duffy5
Inspite of changing address and receiving confirmation letters from BCIS, our 2nd FP notices went to my old address and returned back to BCIS 2 times. I think then they checked their files and sent out 2nd FP notices to our new address. Luckyly got the notices 2 days before the given FP date.

Done our 2nd FP on 10/23/2003.

rajum - your prediction that I will get a 2nd FP was correct. thanks!!! Any predictions on my approval ?

RD: 03/11/2002
ND: 04/01/2002
FP1: 05/21/2002
FP2: 10/23/2003
AD: ???????????

Goldman,

Sorry for the delayed reply.
I received the address change confirmation letter from VSC within 15 days of changing address. I filled AR-11, sent it and also called NCSC.

My turn to say IT's APPROVED...RD: 03/21/2002, ND: 04/09/2002

Last night it was not, today at 5:00 AM it was approved. WOW, today AT&T had good revnue have been on the phone with folks back home since 5:01 AM...

My poor one year old, he was woken, told it, and he just smiled. He might be saying in his mind, ARE MY PARENTS WILD, whats with a GC, dont they have a US Passport like mine...tsk tsk tsk

Well my ordeal was long and long, and long...here are the details:

US Entry B-1 Visa (3 mo I-94): 10/13/1996
H-1 Approval (3 Years): 11/24/1996
PD (Labor Filed): 04/12/1998
Labor Approved: 12/01/2001
I-140 Approved: 01/18/2002
RD (I-485): 03/21/2002
ND (I-485): 04/09/2002
Ist FP: 09/10/2002

AD: 11/05/2003

What a ride...Some points that can be mentioned here.

1. I got my 2nd AP (company expenses) on 10/24/2003 in-person at Newark BCIS office
2. I got my canadian PR interview waiver 05/2002 but with many excuses have been extending the medicals. Finally they came to me in 08/2003 that if you do not get it done by 10/28/2003 we will send the file back. Well got it done ($600) and now I got this 2 weeks after.

Most important

I had moved to a new job 10/13/2003 (my 7rs auspicious day) to a new company from my consulting company. My attorney said no use to inform BCIS we will do it if they send RFE. Salary 10% lower, but including benifits, assured bonuses, travel etx, close to 15% higher. New company had said they will write any kind of letter, to the BCIS, if they ask, and will also hire any good attorney to fight for me, as they want me on board.

Well here it is, hey, I will be back, still a lot of calls to make.....