Tracker for EB3 cases

Priority dates

I-140/I-485 -concurrent -09-MAR-04 - EB3

no updates from USCIS. LUD on 10/27 Probabaly mass update. Any one who runs scanner is aware of the latest dates on which USCIS is working on?

Thanks

I140 Rfe

venkatram said:
Next week my lawyer is sending tthe reply. Pretty much everything ready, lets wait and see everything clears up by dec-31

Hi Myohorengekyo,

Mine got approved. What about yours. Received 2 mails from USCIS.

Waiting for 485 approval. DO you know how much time it takes.

filed in may,2004

Thanks

LUD change

Folks

My 485 and 140 applications were filed concurrently under EB3 category. RD is March 17, 2004. The LUD on my 140 changed on Dec,03 2004 without any change in the status. On Oct 27, 2004 the LUD on my 485 also changed without change in the status. It appears that California service center is working on march 2004 EB3 cases. As for me, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I140 Rfe

Myohorengekyo said:
Congrats Venkatram!!

Was your RFE for I-140? It was pretty fast...

I have not heard anything yet..

Hope to hear soon!!!

Thanks, Yeah, it was I 140 RFE. I too was surprised at the quick approval

Not heard anything about 485 though... any ideas...

Thanks

venkatram said:
Hi Myohorengekyo,

Mine got approved. What about yours. Received 2 mails from USCIS.

Waiting for 485 approval. DO you know how much time it takes.

filed in may,2004

Thanks

Hi Venkatram,

was your I-140 filed in May 2004 or the 485 ?

Thanks

Retrogress of EB3 categories

Hi All,

Recently lot of information has been floating that EB3 categories are going to retrogress as soon as January.
However currently 140 and 484 dates for California show as March 2004 for current processing dates.

My question is when they retrogress does that mean any cases filed before Jan 2005 are current ?

thanks a lot in advance.

I140/485 concurrent filing

Hi all,
I filed for my I140/485 concurrently(EB3) after labor substitution just last week. I haven't received any receipt notices yet. My questions were : (1)What will be my priority date now that I am using labor substitution? Is it the day when the substituted labor was filed OR is my I140/485 file date? (2) Any idea how long it takes to get receipt notices nowadays?

Appreciate your reply.

-Thanks

EB3 Retrogression

I read in the murthy.com newsletter that beginning Jan 1 2005 all EB3 485 applications will be retrogressed to Jan 1 2002 for Indian and Chinese applicants. I am expecting 485 approvals for all EB3 cases esp for those filed in 2004 to take atleast another year before they become current (which sucks!) - anyways.. myquestion is how does it impact processing of the I140 if both 140/485 have been filed concurrently - will that be impacted by retrogression as well ? If not then will we be able to take advantage of the portability rule once the 140 is approved and are 180+ days since filing the 485 ?

eb2dec said:
I read in the murthy.com newsletter that beginning Jan 1 2005 all EB3 485 applications will be retrogressed to Jan 1 2002 for Indian and Chinese applicants. I am expecting 485 approvals for all EB3 cases esp for those filed in 2004 to take atleast another year before they become current (which sucks!) - anyways.. myquestion is how does it impact processing of the I140 if both 140/485 have been filed concurrently - will that be impacted by retrogression as well ? If not then will we be able to take advantage of the portability rule once the 140 is approved and are 180+ days since filing the 485 ?

Hi eb2dec,

I think yes. Your I140 will be processed, but the wait will be for I485.

Thanks

EB3 Retrogression

eb2dec said:

That is so odd to take it back to Jan 02 especially when cases filed in 2003 are getting approved. Are there dates final ?

thanks

I believe Jan 02 is the priority date which is the date that your labor application was filed. NOT the date that your 140 and/or 485 were filed.

EB3 retrogression

thank you heha. That makes me feel so much better.

Good to know it is as per the priority date of labor application.

thanks again.

Hi Guys I think some people are confused about the priority dates.

Please read the link about PD from murthy.com,.... This PD date is not a new thing. It was there long before in 2000. See the article which posted on 2000.

In Simple english.....

Who ever initiated the GC process after landing in USA first,will get their 485
processed first irrespective of whether they filed 485 or not.
Who ever got their 485 approved are OK and lucky.

do not skip the article .. read the last para.

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

msdn2006 said:

Please read the link about PD from murthy.com,.... This PD date is not a new thing. It was there long before in 2000. See the article which posted on 2000.

In Simple english.....

thank you for posting this and making things clear.

msdn2006 said:

In Simple english.....

still not clear what the "Priority Date" is - I am assuming its the date on which the I485 is filed and not the LC filing date...

venkatram said:
Hi eb2dec,

I think yes. Your I140 will be processed, but the wait will be for I485.

Thanks

This is not too clear, has there been another memo? Current memo states that for concurrent filers, both 140 and 485 needs to be adjudicated simultaneously.

I 140 Approved!

RD - Sep 9th 2003.
RFE - Oct 23d 2004 - RFE Rceived - OCT 27th 2004
I140 AD - Dec 12th 2004.
I485 RFE.. Dont know what it is about?.

Good luck Guys!

eb2dec said:
still not clear what the "Priority Date" is - I am assuming its the date on which the I485 is filed and not the LC filing date...

It's clearly written on murthy.com in same article.. see this

A priority date, in an employment-based (EB) case requiring Labor Certification (LC), is the officially acknowledged date that the case was filed at the state level Department of Labor office, referred to as the SESA. If the EB case was filed in a category that does not require labor certification, then the priority date assigned by the INS is the date the I-140 (Immigrant Visa Petition) is received by the INS Service Center.