Tracker for EB3 cases

EAC vs WAC ???

Hi,

I received I14/485 my case numbers from my attorney. I am working in CA, but my case number starts with a EAC. I have observed that most of the people here have a case number starting with WAC. Can someone please explain why it could be EAC in my case. EAC belongs to the Vermont service center.

Thanks for your help.

Where is your company located?? YOu did mention that you work in CA, but is that your company's headquarters or another office of your company or your client place?? You could get answers to this question by speaking with your attorney who filed your I-140 and I-485. The general practice is to file the I-140 at the appropriate service center where the company/job is located....for purposes of concurrent filing, the 485 is also filed at the same center where the I-140 was filed (remember that applicants used to file 485 based on their residence location....Say one resides in NY but has his company HQ in CA, his 140 and 485 will be filed at CSC.) But do note that in such cases, the applicant will get his FP notice from VSC since NY comes under VSC. I am mentioning this since my case is exactly like this.

Hope this helps!!! Anyway, you should check with your attorney as to why the applications were filed at VSC.

crazion said:
congrats Zeroc,
a few questions .. 1) how big was your company.
2) did your w-2s always have more than proferred wages
3) did you have to make up the difference in proferred wages to w-2 based on company profits.

thanks
crazion..

crazion

I've been following your posts and one of my friends is in the same boat. his labor was approved from DL and he works in Dallas. His attorneys have filed his petition in Texas.
can you help him -
a) how big is your company?
b) did you any W2 and/or education evaluation issues in this regard?

also, let me know if you have any suggestions for my friend.

thanks.

kutti80,
my company is pretty small [ about 50 employees ].
my I140 is not yet approved but EAD is approved and FP is done.
i asked this question to other attorneys and posted this question to Sheila Murthy's Chat and all of them replied saying that the USCIS will not deny the case but either they would adjudicate the case themselves or transfer to the correct center.
regarding the issues with W2 etc , i am keeping my fingers crossed and
would just wait till i see an RFE.

~
crazion

re:

mine is a non concuirrent case. 140 already approved. i had gone for FP on 9/7. Today the status is updated as
'We have received the FP results and processing has resumed on ur case'. Does this mean that my name check has been cleared by FBI too.

No change for my wife's status though.

EB3 140/485 Approved

EB3
Concurrent 140/485 Filed on 06/25/2004
FP Done on 08/01/2004
140/485 Approved on 09/02/2004

Waited for 2.5 years in RIR, 140/485 done in 2-3 months!

bpkk79,

Its amazing news. Let me be the first one to Congratulate you....what an approval....wow...

Hope the trend continues for all concurrent filers who are still waiting....

I140helppls said:
mine is a non concuirrent case. 140 already approved. i had gone for FP on 9/7. Today the status is updated as
'We have received the FP results and processing has resumed on ur case'. Does this mean that my name check has been cleared by FBI too.

No change for my wife's status though.

140helpps,

The above status that you mentioned means your FP was cleared by FBI and sent back to USCIS. After we (me and my wife) did our FPs, I checked with FBI after a week or so and they informed me that our FPs were cleared and sent to USCIS. After this, the statuses of my and my wife's 485 was changed to the same status which you mentioned.

should I find a attorney?

I'd like to know, if you guys apply for EB3 by yourself or go for a lawyer? how much usually you have to pay for lawyer?

I am in Bayarea, California, anyone recommand a reliable lawyer if I have to?

and where I can find some detailed info on how to do EB3? step by step.

I am a newbee, any comment will be appreciated. THanks!

an_anonymous said:
140helpps,

The above status that you mentioned means your FP was cleared by FBI and sent back to USCIS. After we (me and my wife) did our FPs, I checked with FBI after a week or so and they informed me that our FPs were cleared and sent to USCIS. After this, the statuses of my and my wife's 485 was changed to the same status which you mentioned.

Hi,
how do you check from FBI ? What info do they tell ? just curious

After your FP is done and you don't see an update in your 485 status for quite sometime (say 2 or 3 weeks), then I am sure you will be worried if everything went okay or not. In such circumstances, you can call FBI office at 304-625-2000 and provide your details (I remember they had asked me my A# found on I-485 receipt) and they would tell you if your FP was cleared. Please note that sometimes there is a slight delay between the FP getting cleared and USCIS online status reflecting the same as these are two different agencies and they take some turn around time.

Hope this helps!!!

This case has been approved...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a bunch of emails...I think the journey is finally finally over..a dream that turned out to be more of a nightmare...starting out sometime in Feb 2001..

Thanks for all they guys here for all the support...this has been a wonderful forum for co-operating and venting(most importantly!)

I wish you all luck in your efforts and future endeavours...May God bless you..

My case details-
LC approved June 2003
i140/485 - concurrent filing EB3(original LC) - 8/8/2003
1 RFE on ability to pay in October 2003....responded in Dec 2003...
Approval for both i140 and i485 on 9/13/2004...

I am working on getting myself a new nick...so *peace*

no_hope_desi said:
Just got a bunch of emails...I think the journey is finally finally over..a dream that turned out to be more of a nightmare...starting out sometime in Feb 2001..

Thanks for all they guys here for all the support...this has been a wonderful forum for co-operating and venting(most importantly!)

My case details-
LC approved June 2003

Congratulations!!! You really deserve it since you've been waiting SO long. Hope people who has been waiting since last year will get approvals soon. That stupid pilot program really screws up old filers right. My sincere wishes go to people who have been suffered that long.

Besides, I wonder if CSC starts working on EB3 aggresively rather than EB2? At least from this forum, we didn't hear much movement on old EB2 cases. Any one has any idea?

no_hope_desi,

Congratulations on your approval. Hopefully everybody else on forum will get approvals soon.

Thanks,
-Honeybee
:)

no_hope_desi said:

My case details-
LC approved June 2003

I140 approved in 13 months.

Concurrent filing.

I140 - RD -08/19/2003
I485 - RD -08/19/2003

FP Notice - 04/15/2004
I485 - LUD - 05/11/2004 (FP recieved)

I140 - AD - 09/14/2004
I485 - LUD - 09/14/2004 (RFE mailed)

I haven't recieved RFE yet, so don't know what it is.

longwaithelen,adjuneja,

Congratulations !!

Please post your your Employment based Category.i.e. EB1, Eb2 or Eb3

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Need Help: Missing original ETA 750 for Labor Substitution

Hi All,

Need your help/advice/suggestions.

My I-140 based on a labor substitution has been pending for well over an year now (ND June 2003 - EB3 Non-Concurrent). My employer had made an inquiry recently and got back the following response:

"We are still awaiting the receipt of the previous file for the original ETA 750. The officer has requested the file already. We cannot adjudicate the case unless we receive the original ETA 750."

It has so happend that my employer had earlier filed a I-140 appl. (may be for the same person for whom the labor was intended) using this approved labor and then pulled it back later for some reason. Now because of this CSC had retained the original labor cert.

1. Is it a normal practice for service center to retain the original labor cert.

2. Do the serivce centers really care about these situations - I mean taking the extra effort to look for an old document etc. given the backlogs they have now. And even if they did do they retain documents from old filings (in this case it may be atleast 3-4 years back).

3. Has anyone had any success stories in this scenario

4. Can myself or the employer do something about this or do we just to keep waiting and pray that they will one day find the document.

Also, my LUD at the USCIS website was April 2004, so looks like they had looked at my application in april and then and had been waiting for the original ETA 750 since then (5 months now).

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks

Looks like there was a I-140 filed for the original beneficiary of that LC. Hence the LC would have been sitting tight in his I-140 file which will be pretty much in USCIS's records room/s. I don't understand why USCIS should take so long to pull out that file (assuming that they follow some indexing mechanism to store the old files...say yearwise/monthwise etc in their archives/record rooms). But you never know the efficiency of USCIS personnel.

When your I-140 was filed, was a copy of that LC attached??Was a I-140 approved for the original beneficiary?? If so, was that original approval letter attached in your I-140 petition??

There is nothing that you or your attorney/employer can do to expedite this...other than keep asking them the status on a regular basis....Its with them and only they can retrieve it.

There is one more thing: If the prior I-140 was filed with CP option, then the file would have been sent to NVC/Embassy abroad which the original applicant would have chosen on his/her I-140.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_void,
The change in LUD (04/14/2004) was for all the 140 applicants. I have heard that it was because of some systems upgrade at USCIS.
Thanks,
takegc