TR to RIR conversion tracker

Originally in TR

I think this is a positive development, but I think you are right in approaching this with cautious optimism. There are several individuals who have reported getting the certified LC paper even though the online system says In-Process, so the accuracy of the online system is doubtful.

The most common observation for the TR-RIR conversion cases is that their status changes from In-Process to Data Review, before the case type changes to RIR.

BTW, was your case originally RIR and then remanded to Non-RIR, or was it Non-RIR from the beginning?

Hi,

My case was originally filed in TR and it never made it out of the state stage before being shipped to BEC. We made use of the recent conversion rule to convert the case to RIR.

Certified

My LCA was certified. It was reflected online today as TR Certified. Though got the postal mail on Saturday stating that it has been certified.

EB3 - Traditional
First PD: Sept 2000
Case withdrawn: Jul 2003
Current PD: Oct 2003
H1-B 8th year
45 DAY LETTER: Received & Replied in March 2006
RIR Conversion submitted: march 1st, 2007
Online Status: TR Certified.

job posted on AJB

Gurus,

I just found out that my job has been posted on ajb.org on 3/24/2007. As you can find out from my signature my lawyer already sent RIR conversion package on 3/14/2007. However, my lawyer had never sent RIR conversion request email for the hold-harmless thinking that if it takes longer and for some reason if we could not sent the RIR package by April 1st then the case would be closed. So what could be done now ? Officially we sent RIR package on 3/14 and the ajb job has been posted today. So according to the hold-harmless faqs they should still be processing this as RIR. Gurus please help..

I have already asked my lawyer to contact DBEC. Another question is in case DBEC has sent out RIs would both the Employer and Lawyer will receive RI or only lawyer would receive it ?

Is anybody in the same situation ?

Still waiting for prevailing wage document!!

How to proceed if we havent received prevailing wage document?

My attorney sent "Intent to convert to RIR" email in second week of January. We havent received reply from DOL about PWD. Attorney & HR have already started recruitment efforts.

How to proceed in this case, and not to miss April 1st deadline.

Thanks for feedback.

In Data Review

I sent for TR-RIR Conversion on Feb 14. On March 22 status was changed to
TR - Data Review. It is not changing to RIR - In Process or Approved. Anyone in the same boat or any guess ? Thanks in advance

I have seen my colleague's case with same situation.

The lawyer sent his TR-RIR conversion package on March 14th. On March 24th his case status changed to "Data Review " from "In Process". However , it still shows TR as a case type.

TR - Data Review. It is not changing to RIR - In Process or Approved. Anyone in the same boat or any guess ? Thanks in advance

lot of resumes for job ad response.

Am doing a conversion from TR to RIR and have to send the package before april 1st.

Is it that we have to mail it before apr 1st or it should reach BEC before apr 1st ?

On what basis could the lawyer reject some of the responses ? when the skill set is also matching.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

There is quite a bit of in-consistency in the website. Several folks have had their cases approved while still showing TR on the website (even though they had applied for the RIR conversion). Others have recieved their Certification notice from their lawyers while the website still shows 'In Process'.

The fact that your status shows 'any' change is a good sign. It is probably being reviewed at the moment, and will hopefully be approved very soon :D . Good luck.

your signature shows that you withdrew your LC in 2003. I also had to withdraw and reapply. Is it possible to get the former PD. May be its a dumb question.

There is quite a bit of in-consistency in the website. Several folks have had their cases approved while still showing TR on the website (even though they had applied for the RIR conversion). Others have recieved their Certification notice from their lawyers while the website still shows 'In Process'.

The fact that your status shows 'any' change is a good sign. It is probably being reviewed at the moment, and will hopefully be approved very soon :D . Good luck.

your signature shows that you withdrew your LC in 2003. I also had to withdraw and reapply. Is it possible to get the former PD. May be its a dumb question.

Hingo, unfortunately that was not possible in my case, as stated by my attorney. With all the lay-offs in our company around that time, all our Labor certification cases were withdrawn, and had to be applied afresh in 2004. I wish I had been able to port my earlier priority date, that would have made me current :(.

How to proceed if we havent received prevailing wage document?

My attorney sent "Intent to convert to RIR" email in second week of January. We havent received reply from DOL about PWD. Attorney & HR have already started recruitment efforts.

How to proceed in this case, and not to miss April 1st deadline.

Thanks for feedback.

I was about the same boat as you for never hearing back from BEC from our PW contesting. We decided to go ahead recruiting anyway and mail the package today overnight as you see in my signature..

Gurus,

My case summary with updates is as under. Today Final RIR Conversion request package is sent to PBEC.

Category: EB3-TR
State: MA
PD: 07/2*/2003
Case No: P-051**-72***
Final RIR Conversion Package sent: 03/27/2007

Thanks.

- Bharat Premi

I was about the same boat as you for never hearing back from BEC from our PW contesting. We decided to go ahead recruiting anyway and mail the package today overnight as you see in my signature..
In my case we didn't receive the PW until Feb 22 (email was sent on Jan 12). We decided to go ahead with the recruitment on Feb 11 based on the PW obtained from DOL's online wage library. When we did receive the PW, it was a very, very small figure. Just as we were about to send out the package to DOL, we got another PW on March 12, this time 5% higher than the one from DOL website. The lawyer shipped the package, citing the DOL wage data and arguing that the recruitment was done with the right PW.

BEC's clearly messed up on this one as well, I am sure there are other people with a variety of experiences related to the PW determination in the TR-RIR conversion under the hold-harmless opoortunity.

RIR conversion packaet sent today(03/28/2007).

I will update the forum once DBEC makes a determination on my case.

Details
---------------------------------
TX / Non-RIR / EB2
PD : 07-04-2003
Enterject NOF Recv/Replied: Dec 2004/Jan 2005
45D Letter Recv/Replied : 11-2005
Case No: D-05222-XXXXX
Processing Type : TR (on 03/28/2007)
Case Status: In Process (on 03/28/2007)

Thanks for sharing your experience.
In fact, in my case, attorney never got reply to the first email. So, we dont know whether PW will be higher or lower!

Thanks, dc2000. Perhaps you could provide some insights on this question that I asked earlier, but didn't get much response on. Duplicating here for convenience:

My company conducted recruitment using the Prevailing Wage obtained from the Online Wage Library at the DOL Website at http://www.flcdatacenter.com/. This is the O*Net wage database that uses the OES/SOC occupations listing.

Since we did not receive the PW from DOL in response to our RIR request email for quite some time, we had to go with something.

I am noticing that the jobs posted on AJB for regular Non-RIR cases are pretty much using the wage figures from the same online wage library. However, we received a very late response to the RIR-conversion request email with a PW that was about 5% higher than the OES/SOC figure we got from the DOL website.

My attorney has argued in support of the PW we used, citing data from DOL's Online Wage Library (argument included as part of the RIR package). Based on the job title, description, requirements and location, I am more than convinced that we determied the PW correctly from the DOL website.

Is the OES/SOC data acceptable as a valid argument in support of the prevailing wage we used? (i have seen many individuals report here that BECs use the same database, and it is generally the highest)? The RIR-conversion FAQs state the the PW determined by BEC can be challenged, but don't specify how exactly (it says SWA data may be used, but SWAs have no obligation to provide this data).

Hi folks,

I have a head scratching situation. As you can tell from my signature, my case was field for RIR conversion on Feb 28th. I had been checking the website regularly to see it change from TR-InProcess to RIR-InProcess. Well, when I checked today the website says TR-CERTIFIED :confused: :) (not RIR-CERTIFIED as I would have expected it). So, I am not sure yet whether it is truly certified or whether it is a mistake. Believe me, the online system has not been my friend. During the testing phase, my case had shown up as being closed! Granted that was a test system, but it has still left a sour taste in my mouth.

Well, not sure whether to be confused or overjoyed. I will wait for additional confirmation from the Lawyer before really rejoicing. Well, for now I will leave my signature as InProcess. I will change it to certified only after further confirmation.

Folks who are converting, continue to check the website and hang in there. GOOD LUCK!

Congratulations arihant!!!!

Please update this forum once you or your lawyer receives the paper work.

I am also waiting for the next step after conversion request has been filed.

Thanks

What lawyers know and aren't telling us...

I came across a page on AILA's website which details the liasion activity they've been doing with the Backlog Elimination Centers. Check out http://www.aila.org/issues/issue.aspx?docid=18213&doctypeid=17. It appears DOL has been consistently providing information to AILA about questions that frequently get asked on this website, particularly about the RIR-conversions. Attorneys that are members of AILA should have access to this information. Yet, we never seem to get any information from attorneys...they even feign ignorance about some of these facts. Shouldn't this information be public??