TR to RIR conversion tracker

It certainly looks like the DBEC is acting fast on the cases filed in March.

As for PBEC, it maintains it's reputation of extra slow processing !

My details:

RIR Conversion package mailed to PBEC on Jan 23, 2007

So if this is any indicator...all I can say to those have filed in PBEC ...enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
labor cert, next ?

Hi AlL,

After a 4 1/2 year wait my labor finally got approved.
My priority date however is the exact same day as the cut-off day for my category. EB2, India and 08/01/2003

When I read the details about this on the various websites, it clearly says priority date has to be BEFORE the cut-off date. However when I contacted my lawyers, they said I am eligible for concurrent filing.
But some bulletin boards have scared me saying the priority date being incorrect can result in rejection of 485 at a very late stage also.

Can someone please throw more light on this situation.

My cert shows TR certified from DBEC after the RIR conversion submission was done towards end of march.
Thanks!

Four TR-RIR conversion request sent on March 23,2007. Three got approved on 6th April and the last one got approved on 9th April. All cases have a PD of March'2005 ( 1st to 3rd week ).

All the cases are in my company - not sure if these guys have an entry in tracker or not.

btw - the case still shows as TR.

Backlog center is Dallas.

Its a mix of EB2 and EB3 cases.

Lawyer hasnt received the original letters yet - its too early I know - but still wanted to clarify in case someone has a question.

Labor Certified :)

Labor Certified

Friends, The online status shows that my case is certified.

Please see the details below. Only thing is the case status still says as TR Certified.

Dilbert_cal, can you please tell me if your friends have received the approval letter.

PD: 03/24/2005
EB3 Non-RIR
SWA: TEXAS
Case ID: D-05206-41xxx
45 day letter received 06/2006
45 day letter submitted 07/2006
TR to RIR Intent sent 01/2007
RIR Package sent around 24 of March 2007
TR Cerified 09-Apr-2007

Any TR->RIR Conversion from PBEC got certified? Anyone? DBEC seems to be moving along. Anyone has any "inside" info on what's up at PBEC?

Issue at PBEC

ma_nonrir_eb3,

I know of not a single case in the past 30 days that has been converted by PBEC either on the forums or at my workplace. Mine has been pending since the past 80 days.

My lawyer says that he has contacted the PBEC and that they are processing the cases and expects it to be certified in the next few weeks. This is pretty generic info and I am now going to step up the effort to get more specific info.

Issues at PBEC

I have been waiting since Dec 2006. My case status shows as Inprocess. I submitted RIR conversion package way back. No idea what is going on?.

ma_nonrir_eb3,

I know of not a single case in the past 30 days that has been converted by PBEC either on the forums or at my workplace. Mine has been pending since the past 80 days.

My lawyer says that he has contacted the PBEC and that they are processing the cases and expects it to be certified in the next few weeks. This is pretty generic info and I am now going to step up the effort to get more specific info.

ma_nonrir_eb3,

I found info about 15 cases posted in these forums about conversion cases at PBEC. Only 1 was certified, back in Jan. In contrast, DBEC is steadily finishing up these conversion cases. Keep us posted about what you find out.

Just so you guys know that my Recruitment Report (TR-RIR Conversion related) was submitted to the PBEC on MAR 29, 2007. Online status is still "TR IN-PROCESS". Let's see when do I get lucky ;-)

infromation from www.immigration-law.com

From www.immigration-law.com:

04/12/2007: BEC Labor Certification Processing Update As of Mid-March 2007

* AILA's 03/15/2007 Liaison Meeting minutes reflect the following statistics:
o Total Cases Pending: 96,304
o TR Cases: Approx. 75,000 [Recruitment instructions and job order will be completed by Mary 2007]
o RIR Cases: Approx. 20,000 [Most of RIR cases expected to be completed by the end of April, 2007, except problem cases]
o Total RIR Conversion Received: 6,000
o RIR Eligible Determination Cases: 5,100

From www.immigration-law.com:

04/12/2007: BEC Labor Certification Processing Update As of Mid-March 2007

* AILA's 03/15/2007 Liaison Meeting minutes reflect the following statistics:
o Total Cases Pending: 96,304
o TR Cases: Approx. 75,000 [Recruitment instructions and job order will be completed by Mary 2007]
o RIR Cases: Approx. 20,000 [Most of RIR cases expected to be completed by the end of April, 2007, except problem cases]
o Total RIR Conversion Received: 6,000
o RIR Eligible Determination Cases: 5,100
Based on this, can we conclude the following?:
* Since the sum of TR and RIR cases is approximately equal to the total number of cases, the 20,000 RIR cases include the 6000 RIR-conversion ones. Since most of the RIR cases are expected to be completed by end of April 2007, the RIR-conversion cases should also be completed by that time.
* Since BECs have stated the total number of RIR-conversion cases received and the total number among these found eligibile for RIR-conversion, they have examined all RIR-conversion packages.

* Since the sum of TR and RIR cases is approximately equal to the total number of cases, the 20,000 RIR cases include the 6000 RIR-conversion ones. Since most of the RIR cases are expected to be completed by end of April 2007, the RIR-conversion cases should also be completed by that time.
* Since BECs have stated the total number of RIR-conversion cases received and the total number among these found eligibile for RIR-conversion, they have examined all RIR-conversion packages.

Please note that this information is as of mid-march. There might have been more RIR conversion cases especially towards the end of the deadline of Apr 01.
My attornery submitted mine on 3/29.

It looks like that from what they are saying, However
This report is as of mid march, The deadline for sending RIR conversion packages was 1st April, So they would have received many conversion packages during that time.

I have another question, do you think the conversion eligible means they had scanned thru the conversion package and determined that it is not eligible for RIR conversion due to some reason or it was because they never sent the email response for those cases in the first place.

In my case i never got email response while all my colleagues who sent the emails around the same time or way after me got the emails.

i am wondering if the cases like this would be in that pool of 900 cases accounted for ineligible cases.

any info from any one in the similar situation would be welcome.

It looks like that from what they are saying, However
This report is as of mid march, The deadline for sending RIR conversion packages was 1st April, So they would have received many conversion packages during that time.

I have another question, do you think the conversion eligible means they had scanned thru the conversion package and determined that it is not eligible for RIR conversion due to some reason or it was because they never sent the email response for those cases in the first place.

In my case i never got email response while all my colleagues who sent the emails around the same time or way after me got the emails.

i am wondering if the cases like this would be in that pool of 900 cases accounted for ineligible cases.

any info from any one in the similar situation would be welcome.

remandedDude...how did your lawyer determine the prevailing wage to use for the RIR-conversion recruitment effort in the absence of an email response from BEC?

My lawyer did the recruitement effort for RIR conversion in Nov/Dec 2006 using prevailing wage from the SWA and submitted the package in Jan '07