TR to RIR conversion tracker

PD: 09/2002
DBEC
Orignal Type: Non-RIR
Conversion (TR->RIR) package sent to DOL based on 10/6 rule: 2/15/2007
Status as of 03/19/07: TR - In progress

Anyone else in the same situation?

RIR Conversion

My lawyer has submitted recruitment package on Mar-15th-2007. What is the typical waiting time for PBEC to even touch my packet?

I have seen co-workers have their status change from TR to RIR in 2 weeks after date of submission, and eventual approval after a further 2 weeks. So I'd say about a month in all. Hope the pattern continues :D.

Jawad
Dallas, TX

Waiting for the conversion. Here are the details.

EB3 - Traditional
First PD: Sept 2000
Case withdrawn: Jul 2003
Current PD: Oct 2003
H1-B 8th year
45 DAY LETTER: Received & Replied in March 2006
RIR Conversion submitted: march 1st, 2007
Online Status: TR IN PROCESS

Not so sure

I have seen co-workers have their status change from TR to RIR in 2 weeks after date of submission, and eventual approval after a further 2 weeks. So I'd say about a month in all. Hope the pattern continues :D.

Jawad
Dallas, TX

I think things are slowing down at BEC as more conversions flow in ahead of April 2 deadline. My case was filed on Feb 28th and it still says TR-InProcess. I have seen other cases filed around the same time which also say TR. AlthoughI am hoping it is not so, I am guessing it may take two months or longer before we get any news.

Prevailing Wage Question

My company conducted recruitment using the Prevailing Wage obtained from the Online Wage Library at the DOL Website at http://www.flcdatacenter.com/. This is the O*Net wage database that uses the OES/SOC occupations listing.

Since we did not receive the PW from DOL in response to our RIR request email for quite some time, we had to go with something.

I am noticing that the jobs posted on AJB for regular Non-RIR cases are pretty much using the wage figures from the same online wage library. However, we received a very late response to the RIR-conversion request email with a PW that was about 5% higher than the OES/SOC figure we got from the DOL website.

My attorney has argued in support of the PW we used, citing data from DOL's Online Wage Library (argument included as part of the RIR package). Based on the job title, description, requirements and location, I am more than convinced that we determied the PW correctly from the DOL website.

Gurus, is the OES/SOC data acceptable as a valid argument in support of the prevailing wage we used? (i have seen many individuals report here that BECs use the same database, and it is generally the highest)? The RIR-conversion FAQs state the the PW determined by BEC can be challenged, but don't specify how exactly (it says SWA data may be used, but SWAs have no obligation to provide this data).

Any insights?

Extension of Recruitment Package Filing for Hold Harmless RIR Conversion for ...

Excerpt from www.immigration-law.com

03/21/2007: Extension of Recruitment Package Filing for Hold Harmless RIR Conversion Request Filers Receing Prevailing Wage E-mail From BEC Between 03/01/2007 to 03/16/2007

* Report indicates that there are some employers who filed hold-harmless RIR conversion request timely but failed to receive the prevailing wage determination response from the BEC until the period between March 1 and March 16, 2007. Since these employers are required to complete the required recruitment and file the recruitment packet on or before April 1, 2007, some of these filers did not have enough time to complete the recruitment process so that they can submit the recruitment packet by April 1, 2007.
* According to the AILA, the DOL has decided to extend the deadline for the recruitment packets until April 13, 2007. Remember that this extension applies only to those who received the prevailing wage determination response between March 1 and March 16, 2007 and no others. These filers should immediately contact the BEC to obtain the confirmation of the extension. All other applicants should file the required recruitment packet by April 1, 2007.

Is this official yet?

Excerpt from www.immigration-law.com

03/21/2007: Extension of Recruitment Package Filing for Hold Harmless RIR Conversion Request Filers Receing Prevailing Wage E-mail From BEC Between 03/01/2007 to 03/16/2007

* Report indicates that there are some employers who filed hold-harmless RIR conversion request timely but failed to receive the prevailing wage determination response from the BEC until the period between March 1 and March 16, 2007. Since these employers are required to complete the required recruitment and file the recruitment packet on or before April 1, 2007, some of these filers did not have enough time to complete the recruitment process so that they can submit the recruitment packet by April 1, 2007.
* According to the AILA, the DOL has decided to extend the deadline for the recruitment packets until April 13, 2007. Remember that this extension applies only to those who received the prevailing wage determination response between March 1 and March 16, 2007 and no others. These filers should immediately contact the BEC to obtain the confirmation of the extension. All other applicants should file the required recruitment packet by April 1, 2007.

Is this official yet (meaning, published on DOL website)?

In my case we received an incorrect prevailing wage email on Feb 22, and then a revision on March 12. We had already started the recruitment process using the prevailing wage we obtained using DOL's online wage library. The PW received on March 12 was higher than that. There was no choice but to submit the report with documentation in support of our argument that the PW we used was correct.

I wonder how many people would have really waited around for DOL to publish a last moment extension. I mean, without the extension option...it was either doing the recruitment with our own PW, or risk getting the case closed by not making the April 1 deadline. Anyone who waited for DOL's PW email until mid-March is mighty optimistic, I must say!!

We all know the kind of retards that are running the BEC show, so I am not surprised at all.

BTW, does anyone have any insights on whether BEC will accept the OES/SOC online wage library data in support of the PW?

As you can see in my signature that we sent the package on Feb 22 2007, Today my case status changed from TR-IN PROCESS to TR-DATA REVIEW. This means its moving forward or comming backward?

I sent my RIR Conversion Package on 2/14/2007 and today the status changed to Data Review. Hopefully they are working on it. But I need to go to India. I would really appreciate if any one can tell me whether I need to be in USA while applying for I-140 or I can hand over all the documents to attorney and then go ? Thanks in advance.

I sent my RIR Conversion Package on 2/14/2007 and today the status changed to Data Review. Hopefully they are working on it. But I need to go to India. I would really appreciate if any one can tell me whether I need to be in USA while applying for I-140 or I can hand over all the documents to attorney and then go ? Thanks in advance.
Everything can be done remotely, if needed. You don't have to be physcially present here.

Probably moving forward

As you can see in my signature that we sent the package on Feb 22 2007, Today my case status changed from TR-IN PROCESS to TR-DATA REVIEW. This means its moving forward or comming backward?

check in this thread. I saw someone else post that their case went to TR-DataReview before moving to RIR-InProcess. So, based on that I would say yours will switch to RIR-InProcess some time soon. Of course, nothing is as expected from BEC...so who knows. All you can do is continue to wait and hope for relief soon.

TR - File not found.

I am sorry if I am posting my question in the wrong forum.

Our company lawyer is trying to convert my TR to RIR. The lawyer requested the 45 day notice and the reponse they got is, the BEC does not find my TR file. My PD is Aug 2001.

I am hoping to find someone who has a similar sitution and the action their lawyer is taking.

Thanks in advance.

CERTIFIED? (I hope!)

Hi folks,

I have a head scratching situation. As you can tell from my signature, my case was field for RIR conversion on Feb 28th. I had been checking the website regularly to see it change from TR-InProcess to RIR-InProcess. Well, when I checked today the website says TR-CERTIFIED :confused: :) (not RIR-CERTIFIED as I would have expected it). So, I am not sure yet whether it is truly certified or whether it is a mistake. Believe me, the online system has not been my friend. During the testing phase, my case had shown up as being closed! Granted that was a test system, but it has still left a sour taste in my mouth.

Well, not sure whether to be confused or overjoyed. I will wait for additional confirmation from the Lawyer before really rejoicing. Well, for now I will leave my signature as InProcess. I will change it to certified only after further confirmation.

Folks who are converting, continue to check the website and hang in there. GOOD LUCK!

Hi folks,

I have a head scratching situation. As you can tell from my signature, my case was field for RIR conversion on Feb 28th. I had been checking the website regularly to see it change from TR-InProcess to RIR-InProcess. Well, when I checked today the website says TR-CERTIFIED :confused: :) (not RIR-CERTIFIED as I would have expected it). So, I am not sure yet whether it is truly certified or whether it is a mistake. Believe me, the online system has not been my friend. During the testing phase, my case had shown up as being closed! Granted that was a test system, but it has still left a sour taste in my mouth.

Well, not sure whether to be confused or overjoyed. I will wait for additional confirmation from the Lawyer before really rejoicing. Well, for now I will leave my signature as InProcess. I will change it to certified only after further confirmation.

Folks who are converting, continue to check the website and hang in there. GOOD LUCK!
I think this is a positive development, but I think you are right in approaching this with cautious optimism. There are several individuals who have reported getting the certified LC paper even though the online system says In-Process, so the accuracy of the online system is doubtful.

The most common observation for the TR-RIR conversion cases is that their status changes from In-Process to Data Review, before the case type changes to RIR.

BTW, was your case originally RIR and then remanded to Non-RIR, or was it Non-RIR from the beginning?