TR to RIR conversion tracker

OK guys ...here is an update.

Empirical data suggests that those whose cases were "Withdrawn" without authorization by BEC and later re-instated (for instance when a PERM case was approved) are having their RIR conversion cases delayed.

I know a few who fit in these constraints (that includes myself) and are waiting for months just to get their case converted to RIR after sending the RIR package.

Nevertheless unless your PD is earlier than the bulletin...it is just entertainment ! Anyways it should all get cleared by Sept, by which time there is a good probabilty that Bush signs above the dotted line !

BEC Denied conversion from TR-RIR

I received this email from BEc which was forwarded to me by my attorney.
anybody please explain me why they denied the conversion it was in EB3 category.

See the line which are marked as **** because they confuse me what they mean. AT one time they say "The case is already being processed as an RIR."
and then thay mention "The above referenced application will continue being processed as a TR application. You will be contacted further about the case as part
of the TR case processing."

>> The Backlog Elimination Center has received your request to convert
the
>> case referenced in the subject line to an RIR case.
>>
>> The application is not eligible for conversion for one or more of
the
>> following reasons:
>>
>>
>>
******* The case is already being processed as an RIR.
>>
>>
>> Therefore, there RIR conversion cannot continue at this time for the
>> reason(s) stated above.
>>
***** The above referenced application will continue being processed as a
TR
>> application. You will be contacted further about the case as part
of
>> the TR case processing.
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Philadelphia BEC
>>
>>
>>

Certainly its a wierd response. I think your Lawyer should contact BEC to clarify what this means. We cannot assume what it means..

anybody please explain me why they denied the conversion it was in EB3 category.

See the line which are marked as **** because they confuse me what they mean. AT one time they say "The case is already being processed as an RIR."
and then thay mention "The above referenced application will continue being processed as a TR application. You will be contacted further about the case as part

the
>>
the
>> following reasons:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
TR
of
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Philadelphia BEC
>>
>>
>>

I do not know, probably within 1-2 weeks. Mine is still saying Inprocess. It has been more than 2.5 months since I sent my package.

GC_Pain_03,

So how much time after you sent the recruitement data and the whole package that it got converted to RIR at PBEC ?

RIR Conversion

Hello All,

Did anybody from PBEC get certified after sending the conversion paper?. I haven't seen anybody certified after sending the RIR conversion package.

It says "The application is not eligible for conversion for one or more of
the following reasons:" and lists "The case is already being processed as an RIR." as one of the reasons. Obviously this is not the reason for them to deny your case. So your case must be denied because of some other reason.

Actually it is not bad to go through TR. As from Jobbank, there will be no resume received for any ads, while if you do it locally, you may get some resumes.

Anyway, what else do you have in the list for the not-eligible-reasons?

the
>>
the
>> following reasons:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
TR
of
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Philadelphia BEC
>>
>>
>>

For my case, we got the response against conversion request email from PBEC. I am waiting for my lawyer sending the "Final Package" to PBEC
I just heard from my lawyer that they received the response to the RIR-conversion email request sometime in the past 2-3 weeks; they had overlooked to inform me. They had already started the recruitment steps on Feb 11 (one sunday ad, 10 day job posting at office, and job ad on company website. No responses were received, so final recruitment report is being prepared and will be sent to PBEC by March 15.

Need Help? Is it too late for TR - RIR coversion

Hi all!

I was not paying attention to the forum for a while, and then I received the RI letter. The recruitment period is stated as 3/14 - 4/13 07. I did not know about the TR - RIR possibility and now I don't know what to do:

• Is it too late to ask for the TR-RIR conversion?
  • If it is, how to ask a correction on the jobbank ad, one of the main requirements for the job is missing (asking 2 languages out of 3)?
  • Is it probable that they will receive many cv's from the jobbank ad?

The attorney who filed our case in the beginning got into legal trouble and is not representing us anymore (for what I know is doing time)

Anyways, we do not have attorney for now, would it be wise to get one for these final steps of the LC? What should we expect to pay?

Thank you so much,
Nastaran

EB3
TR
PD 10/4/02
45-day letter 6/26/06

Too late!

The deadline for submitting final RIR recruitment report is April 2. There is no way you could meet the deadline even though you start conversion right away. If you miss the deadline, your case will be closed.

Was your language requirement included in the job description or in the "other special requirements"? Depending on the situations, you might have a chance to make an amendment before your company starts the recruitment process.

Hi all!

I was not paying attention to the forum for a while, and then I received the RI letter. The recruitment period is stated as 3/14 - 4/13 07. I did not know about the TR - RIR possibility and now I don't know what to do:

• Is it too late to ask for the TR-RIR conversion?
  • If it is, how to ask a correction on the jobbank ad, one of the main requirements for the job is missing (asking 2 languages out of 3)?
  • Is it probable that they will receive many cv's from the jobbank ad?

The attorney who filed our case in the beginning got into legal trouble and is not representing us anymore (for what I know is doing time)

Anyways, we do not have attorney for now, would it be wise to get one for these final steps of the LC? What should we expect to pay?

Thank you so much,
Nastaran

EB3
TR
PD 10/4/02
45-day letter 6/26/06

TR to RIR EB2 got certified

Hi,

I was silent reader so far but thought it would be helpful to post my information as it could help others, just like it helped people like me, reading thorugh the forums in this site.

My labour was EB2 Dallas BEC with priority date May 27th 2003. My lawyer filed for RIR conversion on Feb 19th 2007 and it got certified on March 13th 2007. I would immediately file for I140 as I need 3 years H1 extension too.

Good luck to everybody in this forum.

Filed my RIR package

Hi,

I just updated my signature. See there for details of my case. Online status still says TR:InProcess. Still waiting for some good news.

Let us know if your status get changed, Mine also in same situation.

Priority Jan 2003
Enterject Enquiry - dec 2004
RIR Conversion Packet Sent ; March 13 2007

Hi,

I just updated my signature. See there for details of my case. Online status still says TR:InProcess. Still waiting for some good news.

Prevailing Wage Received Twice!

My RIR-conversion request email was sent on Jan 12, 2007. No response was received for quite some time. The attorney proceeded with recruitment based on PW obtained from DOL website. On Feb 22 she received a response with the Prevailing Wage stated as $16,840 per year, which was obviously incorrect. Then, on March 12 she received another email with a PW 5% higher than the one she obtained from the DOL website. Recruitment steps were over by then, and RIR package was being prepared. Now she is including the DOL O*Net data for PW in support of the PW she used.

RIR Conversion Package Submitted

My RIR-conversion package with the recruitment report (as part of hold harmless opportunity) has been submitted today. I guess now I have to monitor the online system to see if and when the case type changes to RIR. Will keep posted.

My RIR-conversion package with the recruitment report (as part of hold harmless opportunity) has been submitted today. I guess now I have to monitor the online system to see if and when the case type changes to RIR. Will keep posted.

Mine was mailed Jan 23 to PBEC... still TR - In Process, let me know if your story takes a different or earlier turn ;)

As per my lawyer these cases are taken up for processing without any regard to when they received it. (I guess they have called a lottery guy for picking up the cases !!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was mailed Jan 23 to PBEC... still TR - In Process, let me know if your story takes a different or earlier turn ;)

As per my lawyer these cases are taken up for processing without any regard to when they received it. (I guess they have called a lottery guy for picking up the cases !!)
I'll certainly post any updates in this forum. There really is no pattern at the BECs. Perhaps there will be a surge of activity on the RIR-conversion cases after April 1, which is the deadline for submitting conversions. We just have to wait and watch, and keep each other informed. Thanks!