TR to RIR conversion tracker

gcez said:
Thanks waiting200X for sharing this info.
This is really new, hearing for the first time. Could you give more info pl?
Is it in response to your ' intent to convert to RIR ' email?
When was that email given, to get us an idea of how long the wait can be?

did you have Prevailing Wage emailed in the response? Was it different from the existing prevailing wages?

thanks in advance.
If you have access to the e-mail, sent by BEC, then please post the e-mail here after taking your personal information out.

re:

I do not have any email. My attoney contact with BEC. My package were ready in DEcember. But my attoney took vacation before xma, so it git delay. After new year, he said BEC require to send email. Then I noticed someone talking about prevailing wage issue. I emailed him again, after a few days, he told me this. I felt he did some reasech before he told me this. Anyway, it depend on you guys to believe this or not. Just FYI.

GCkiTalash said:
If you have access to the e-mail, sent by BEC, then please post the e-mail here after taking your personal information out.

gcez said:
did anybody receive any response to their Email for conversion to RIR. Please post. Now, this seems to be key.

One more thing to wait on....

My status- refer signature

not received it yet, one of my co-worker got it. send in Jan 5, he got it today.

xx_ping said:
not received it yet, one of my co-worker got it. send in Jan 5, he got it today.
Thanks xx_ping for the info. Thats good to hear.
Mine was sent on Jan 3, 07. Hope my attorney will soon get email for my case. Will definitely let you all know on that.

Let us know when you get yours. good luck.

xx_ping said:
Which BEC did your co-worker got the response from?- Dallas or Phily?

Thank you -

lengthyLabor said:
If you have May 2005 Labor pending is not it a PERM application ? Does RIR to TR apply to PERM as well ?

My labor (March 2005) was applied on the last dates before the regular labor processing was closed.

I also applied a PERM on Dec 2005 and was approved. I also have I-140 approved after the PERM. I am in my 7th year right now.

I am confused if it is beneficial for me to apply for RIR conversion and what benefits it will have for me.

Please suggest...

Last edited by a moderator:
The obvious benefit you get is the priority date (by 7 months) by converting to RIR if it gets approved. And I think it will defintely help since the priority dates nowadays only forward by few days.

shyguycalif said:
My labor (March 2005) was applied on the last dates before the regular labor processing was closed.

I also applied a PERM on Dec 2005 and was approved. I also have I-140 approved after the PERM. I am in my 7th year right now.

I am confused if it is beneficial for me to apply for RIR conversion and what benefits it will have for me.

Please suggest...

TR - RIR conversion

Hello Friends,

Here is an interesting scenario, our company decided to go for RIR conversion as per the October rule. So we started working on it and package was sent on Dec18th 2006 and courier was received by DOL on 19th we received the confirmation for it. Meanwhile my job was appeared in AJB on Dec 14th but we did not receive our RI until Dec 21st, so that means according to the October rule I should be safe to assume that, RIR conversion went through smoothly. Also adding few more interesting things, there was one more ruling for “safe harbor” you can send an email to the DOL for intent to convert to RIR. So, I am confused what is going to happen to my case. I have checked the status it said RIR and INPROCESS. There fore I am anxiously waiting what is going to happen. Whether we have to wait for DOL to send us the received resumes from AJB or they just ignore them?.

Our lawyer says we would be safe either by October rule or with new safe harbor rule.

I thought of sharing this information with you guys.

PD: 04/2003 MA
Type: RIR

Any responses to RIR-conversion emails yet?

Folks, has anybody heard about any responses to the RIR-conversion request emails?

gcez said:
Which BEC did your co-worker got the response from?- Dallas or Phily?

Thank you -
Dallas, So far still only one reply. Any one else got the replay. Seems they work really slow on it.

EB3 TX Nov 2003 PD TR --> RIR submitted

Mine is a EB3 Non-RIR PD 04-Nov-2003 TX case. Never cleared state. Got a NOF from Enterject in Dec 2004, replied immediately. Sent to DBEC August 2005. Got/replied 45 day letter in Sept 2005. Since then no movement. My lawyer started the RIR recruitment effort after seeing the Oct 2006 RIR Conversion guidelines from DOL. First he sent an email to DOL in October regarding the PWD and got a response back in 2 weeks. Started the recruitment/Ad campaign immediately, though I am not sure how many Ads , for how long, and where he advertised. Just finished the recruitment report and filed for conversion on Jan 16th, 2007. He did not send any intent to convert email to BEC. He just filed directly. I asked him to send an email after Dec 2006 RIR conversion guidelines were released and he said its risky as the case will be closed if for some reason we are unable to send the recruitment report by April 1st and since my PD is Nov 2003 he said it will be a while before DBEC picks up my case for advertising.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know some details about my case and will keep you all updated if there are any further developments in this regard.

My online status still shows as TR - In Process. Hoping for it to change to RIR soon. :)

Is there a timeline I can expect my LC to be cleared assuming the conversion is accepted by DBEC.

Regards,
kingosu.

re:

HI,

Your recruitment effort has finished, why your attoney said there is risk to not sending out the package before april,1. The reason I asked is what your attorney did is not the same as mine told me. My attorney said DOL requier to submit the package after Feb, 2007. I will get with my attorney again to ask this.

thanks,
kingosu said:
Mine is a EB3 Non-RIR PD 04-Nov-2003 TX case. Never cleared state. Got a NOF from Enterject in Dec 2004, replied immediately. Sent to DBEC August 2005. Got/replied 45 day letter in Sept 2005. Since then no movement. My lawyer started the RIR recruitment effort after seeing the Oct 2006 RIR Conversion guidelines from DOL. First he sent an email to DOL in October regarding the PWD and got a response back in 2 weeks. Started the recruitment/Ad campaign immediately, though I am not sure how many Ads , for how long, and where he advertised. Just finished the recruitment report and filed for conversion on Jan 16th, 2007. He did not send any intent to convert email to BEC. He just filed directly. I asked him to send an email after Dec 2006 RIR conversion guidelines were released and he said its risky as the case will be closed if for some reason we are unable to send the recruitment report by April 1st and since my PD is Nov 2003 he said it will be a while before DBEC picks up my case for advertising.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know some details about my case and will keep you all updated if there are any further developments in this regard.

My online status still shows as TR - In Process. Hoping for it to change to RIR soon. :)

Is there a timeline I can expect my LC to be cleared assuming the conversion is accepted by DBEC.

Regards,
kingosu.

RIR conversion approved

My conversion packaged was delivered on Jan. 03. It was received by BEC on Jan. 04 according to Fedex tracking. It has been showing TR until today. Now it is RIR. Looks like that they are really doing conversions right now. I hope that it will be certified soon.

Nice to see that change from TR to RIR for a 2001 case.

bpc2001 said:
My conversion packaged was delivered on Jan. 03. It was received by BEC on Jan. 04 according to Fedex tracking. It has been showing TR until today. Now it is RIR. Looks like that they are really doing conversions right now. I hope that it will be certified soon.

I have heard that almost every remanded case in my company has been changed from TR to RIR as of today. Some of these cases have not even requested RIR conversion yet. BEC must be doing something today. Or are they simply changing all remanded cases back to RIR?

Re:

Waiting200X,

My attorney was worried as to what would happen if they received too many resumes for my job posting and what if they cannot go through all of them and finish the screening/interview process in time or if there indeed are suitable candidates available in the market and they cant find any reason to reject them. He felt in this case, TR is better so he opted not to send the intent to convert email so he could keep the options open. I guess he was able to complete the recruitment report and file my case for conversion.

Hope this helps...

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Folks, has anybody heard about any responses to the RIR-conversion request emails?

Update for my case:

Email for RIR Conversion sent on: 01/02/2007
Reply from RIRconversion@PHI.DFLC.US: 01/20/2007 ( Saturday, Surprisingly Saturday seems to be a work day !!! or Auto sending might be set for saturday?)

Reply message body is as under:

The Backlog Elimination Center has received your request to convert the case referenced in the subject line to an RIR case. Your case is being put into “hold” status pending receipt of your RIR Conversion package. You should begin recruitment and prepare the RIR conversion package summarizing the recruitment activities and results.

You must send the RIR conversion package to the appropriate BEC in hard copy, by regular mail, certified mail, or mail courier, with the subject “RIR Conversion Package – [case number]” no later than April 1st, 2007. If no package is postmarked for receipt by this date, the case will be closed. The application will not revert to the TR queue and the decision to close is not subject to appeal.

The prevailing wage determination for recruitment is: $--,--- per year. You must recruit at 100% of this prevailing wage.

If any recruitment activity had been initiated for this case and the BEC receives any resumes, they will be sent to the employer on or about February 1, 2007 to be considered as part of the RIR package.

Note that receipt of this e-mail does not necessarily indicate that your case is free of deficiencies as for some cases, the BECs may be performing only preliminary application screening sufficient to provide prevailing wage determinations to employers to assist in recruiting and preparation of the RIR conversion package. There may still be deficiencies in the application that result in the RIR not being approved, in a Notice of Findings being issued, etc.

Thank you,

Philadelphia BEC

Any idea how long it will take to get certified after RIR conversion

My attorney just filed RIR conversion on Jan 17, 2007. Any idea how long it may take to get certified. My details below:

CA / Non-RIR / EB3
PD : 06-10-2002
45D Letter Recv/Replied : 1-24-2006
TR to RIR Conversion Submitted : 1-17-2007
Case No: P-05172-XXXXX
Processing Type : TR (on 1/20/2007)
Case Status: In Process (on 1/20/2007)

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. Please keep us updated if there is any progress in your case.

Best Wishes.

re:

In the folowing email, I think there is Feb1, 2007 date. This is for case recruitment hs been initiated. For my case, I do not think my case got any recruitment instruction from BEC. bUt we did do recruitment by ourself. My question is even we do recruitment by ourself for RIR, teh resume will be forward to BEC? I though it will only go to my employer.

thanks for any information.

bharatpremi said:
Update for my case:

Email for RIR Conversion sent on: 01/02/2007
Reply from RIRconversion@PHI.DFLC.US: 01/20/2007 ( Saturday, Surprisingly Saturday seems to be a work day !!! or Auto sending might be set for saturday?)

Reply message body is as under:

The Backlog Elimination Center has received your request to convert the case referenced in the subject line to an RIR case. Your case is being put into “hold” status pending receipt of your RIR Conversion package. You should begin recruitment and prepare the RIR conversion package summarizing the recruitment activities and results.

You must send the RIR conversion package to the appropriate BEC in hard copy, by regular mail, certified mail, or mail courier, with the subject “RIR Conversion Package – [case number]” no later than April 1st, 2007. If no package is postmarked for receipt by this date, the case will be closed. The application will not revert to the TR queue and the decision to close is not subject to appeal.

The prevailing wage determination for recruitment is: $--,--- per year. You must recruit at 100% of this prevailing wage.

If any recruitment activity had been initiated for this case and the BEC receives any resumes, they will be sent to the employer on or about February 1, 2007 to be considered as part of the RIR package.

Note that receipt of this e-mail does not necessarily indicate that your case is free of deficiencies as for some cases, the BECs may be performing only preliminary application screening sufficient to provide prevailing wage determinations to employers to assist in recruiting and preparation of the RIR conversion package. There may still be deficiencies in the application that result in the RIR not being approved, in a Notice of Findings being issued, etc.

Thank you,

Philadelphia BEC