TR to RIR conversion tracker

bharatpremi said:
Update for my case:

Email for RIR Conversion sent on: 01/02/2007
Reply from RIRconversion@PHI.DFLC.US: 01/20/2007 ( Saturday, Surprisingly Saturday seems to be a work day !!! or Auto sending might be set for saturday?)

Reply message body is as under:

The Backlog Elimination Center has received your request to convert the case referenced in the subject line to an RIR case. Your case is being put into “hold” status pending receipt of your RIR Conversion package. You should begin recruitment and prepare the RIR conversion package summarizing the recruitment activities and results.

You must send the RIR conversion package to the appropriate BEC in hard copy, by regular mail, certified mail, or mail courier, with the subject “RIR Conversion Package – [case number]” no later than April 1st, 2007. If no package is postmarked for receipt by this date, the case will be closed. The application will not revert to the TR queue and the decision to close is not subject to appeal.

The prevailing wage determination for recruitment is: $--,--- per year. You must recruit at 100% of this prevailing wage.

If any recruitment activity had been initiated for this case and the BEC receives any resumes, they will be sent to the employer on or about February 1, 2007 to be considered as part of the RIR package.

Note that receipt of this e-mail does not necessarily indicate that your case is free of deficiencies as for some cases, the BECs may be performing only preliminary application screening sufficient to provide prevailing wage determinations to employers to assist in recruiting and preparation of the RIR conversion package. There may still be deficiencies in the application that result in the RIR not being approved, in a Notice of Findings being issued, etc.

Thank you,

Philadelphia BEC
Thanks for the update. This indicates they've started processing the "hold harmless' emails. Was the PW in the email different from what you used for your RIR_conversion?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Folks, has anybody heard about any responses to the RIR-conversion request emails?

My RIR request was sent to DBEC on 01/17/2007 and the online status showed the process type on 01/19/2007 as RIR .. this used to be TR before.

but i received a email from my lawyer on 01/19/2007 saying your RIR request is being processed and we dont know how long DBEC will take to acknowledge to this request.

my question is , does the online status change reflect the case is changed to RIR now ? If so, i did not or the lawyer hasn't received any email like the one shown above.

Also has anyone had there approvals after it was converted to RIR, if so .. is there a approx estimate from the cases so far.

thanks

I don't really think that you can get a 100% certain answer because nobody can know what really happens there. On that specific Jan. 19th, all cases in my company also changed from TR to RIR, including those who never started conversion. If you watch the forum, you can see that many people get certified after it is changed to RIR. But the certified PD is quite random. Everything is random in BEC, totally depending on your luck.

I believe that the RIR is real. But remember, it is BEC's decision. Nothing to do with your conversion request. They just decided to go for the faster way.

slowlazygc said:
My RIR request was sent to DBEC on 01/17/2007 and the online status showed the process type on 01/19/2007 as RIR .. this used to be TR before.

but i received a email from my lawyer on 01/19/2007 saying your RIR request is being processed and we dont know how long DBEC will take to acknowledge to this request.

my question is , does the online status change reflect the case is changed to RIR now ? If so, i did not or the lawyer hasn't received any email like the one shown above.

Also has anyone had there approvals after it was converted to RIR, if so .. is there a approx estimate from the cases so far.

thanks

slowlazygc said:

thanks

was your case remended one? If not, then Dallas is much more efficient or Philly is swamped with the conversion emails. We sent one on 1/10 and still nothing...

FOLKS MY ATTORNEY GOT THE REPLY FROM PBEC REGARDING OUT RIR-CONVERSION REQUEST. HERE IS THE e-MAIL REPLY:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Jan 23, 2007 9:59 AM
Subject: RE: Intent to Convert to RIR - P-05164-XXXXX
To: XXXX@XXXX.com

The Backlog Elimination Center has received your request to convert the case referenced in the subject line to an RIR case. Your case is being put into "hold" status pending receipt of your RIR Conversion package.

The amendments you proposed in your request have been accepted by the Department of Labor.

You should begin recruitment and prepare the RIR conversion package summarizing the recruitment activities and results. You must send the RIR conversion package to the appropriate BEC in hard copy, by regular mail, certified mail, or mail courier, with the subject "RIR Conversion Package - [case number]" no later than April 1st, 2007. If no package is postmarked for receipt by this date, the case will be closed. The application will not revert to the TR queue and the decision to close is not subject to appeal.

The prevailing wage determination for recruitment is: $XX,XXX per year.
You must recruit at 100% of this prevailing wage.

If any recruitment activity had been initiated for this case and the BEC receives any resumes, they will be sent to the employer on or about February 1, 2007 to be considered as part of the RIR package.

Note that receipt of this e-mail does not necessarily indicate that your case is free of deficiencies as for some cases, the BECs may be performing only preliminary application screening sufficient to provide prevailing wage determinations to employers to assist in recruiting and preparation of the RIR conversion package. There may still be deficiencies in the application that result in the RIR not being approved, in a Notice of Findings being issued, etc.

Thank you,

Philadelphia BEC

Dallas - Response email for "Intent to Convert to RIR"

Are there any Dallas cases that received response for the conversion email?

Mine is Dallas BEC and intent to convert email was sent on Jan 3, 07 still no reply. I have so far seen only one update in this forum for Dallas receiving a response for Jan 2, 07. Even later dates have received responses from PBEC.
PBEC seems to be acting very organized.

I am in the same boat, request sent to DBEC on Jan 3rd and No reply so far, i understand from our attorney that they received replies for some requests and out of those some of them have PW and others dont, as usual it is random.

gcez said:
Are there any Dallas cases that received response for the conversion email?

Mine is Dallas BEC and intent to convert email was sent on Jan 3, 07 still no reply. I have so far seen only one update in this forum for Dallas receiving a response for Jan 2, 07. Even later dates have received responses from PBEC.
PBEC seems to be acting very organized.

Conversion to RIR mail was sent to DBEC 2 weeks ago (dont know the exact date), My attorney said that they received the receipt.

And in the tracker my case is still showing Processing type as TR. When this will change to RIR?

Thanks!

remandedDude said:
I am in the same boat, request sent to DBEC on Jan 3rd and No reply so far, i understand from our attorney that they received replies for some requests and out of those some of them have PW and others dont, as usual it is random.
Randomness is the hallmark of the BECs, as we have all come to know and realize. I see so many people in these forums trying to identify and establish patterns in the way BECs are working, but I think at the end of it...its all random with high entropy.

My intent-to-convert email was sent on Jan 12, but so far no reply. My attorney and employer have made the call to wait at least until Jan 28 to receive the PW dtermination in the email response to begin the RIR recruitment work. Lets see if we get a response, if not I am asking them to proceed regardless.

prman said:
Conversion to RIR mail was sent to DBEC 2 weeks ago (dont know the exact date), My attorney said that they received the receipt.

And in the tracker my case is still showing Processing type as TR. When this will change to RIR?

Thanks!
Technically, this will change to RIR when BEC receives the RIR-conversion package (with recuitment report) and determines that the documentation is acceptable for RIR-conversion. At that time you case will be shifted to the RIR queue. From there it'll be picked up by an anlyst, reviewed, and certified.

prman said:

Thanks!

Once DOL will receive RIR conversion package they should generally update the site after some days.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Thanks for the update. This indicates they've started processing the "hold harmless' emails. Was the PW in the email different from what you used for your RIR_conversion?

What is 'PW'?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:

I have not verified it with my lawyer yet.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Technically, this will change to RIR when BEC receives the RIR-conversion package (with recuitment report) and determines that the documentation is acceptable for RIR-conversion. At that time you case will be shifted to the RIR queue. From there it'll be picked up by an anlyst, reviewed, and certified.

Who sends the RIR-conversion package (with recuitment report) to DBEC? If this is sent by the attorney, are they not sending with the RIR request?

If 'amendments' are requested along with the RIR-Conversion request e-mail, and accepted by the BEC:

1. Will BEC make the amendments to the original form ETA-750-A
2. Or, do we need to fill out a fresh ETA-750-A form, with amendments, and send it to the BEC along with the recruitment report

Any ideas?

GCkiTalash said:
If 'amendments' are requested along with the RIR-Conversion request e-mail, and accepted by the BEC:

1. Will BEC make the amendments to the original form ETA-750-A
2. Or, do we need to fill out a fresh ETA-750-A form, with amendments, and send it to the BEC along with the recruitment report

Any ideas?
The amendments were most likey sent to the BEC on an amended ETA750 form with the employer's signature on it. This was the standard way of making amendments before the backlog centers came in. Of course, earlier the hard copies were printed and mailed via regular post. Since BEC required the amendments attached electronically to the email, it was most likely sent as a scanned PDF of the ETA750 form with your employers signature on it. BEC most likely printed that scan and put it in your file, and that is the "paper" certificate you will receive with DOL's stamp and seal on it.

prman said:
Who sends the RIR-conversion package (with recuitment report) to DBEC? If this is sent by the attorney, are they not sending with the RIR request?
The "RIR request" in this context is the email lawyers are sending to the BECs saying, "hey, i intend to convert m case to RIR. Hold it and don't start your own recruitment on it. I'll do it on my own and send you a report by April 1, 2007". The "RIR conversion package" is the documentation on the results of the recruitment efforts such as ads, responses, reasons for not selecting an american worker, etc. So the RIR-conversion package will follow the RIR-request, both are separate things.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
The amendments were most likey sent to the BEC on an amended ETA750 form with the employer's signature on it. This was the standard way of making amendments before the backlog centers came in. Of course, earlier the hard copies were printed and mailed via regular post. Since BEC required the amendments attached electronically to the email, it was most likely sent as a scanned PDF of the ETA750 form with your employers signature on it. BEC most likely printed that scan and put it in your file, and that is the "paper" certificate you will receive with DOL's stamp and seal on it.
It makes sense. My attorney didn't send the scanned copy of the revised form 750-A since we were short of time to get required signatures. If you recall, BEC had suggested that 'amendments can be proposed within the body of the e-mail' or alternatively as an attachment.

Since they allowed amendments in the body of the e-mail so they may just amend the form by themselves (which is highly unlikely, given the performance of BEC). So, I think that when we send the recruitment report, we can send the revised form 750-A with employer's signatures and mention that amendments in this form had already been accepted by the BEC so they should certify/seal this form instead of the original one.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
The "RIR request" in this context is the email lawyers are sending to the BECs saying, "hey, i intend to convert m case to RIR. Hold it and don't start your own recruitment on it. I'll do it on my own and send you a report by April 1, 2007". The "RIR conversion package" is the documentation on the results of the recruitment efforts such as ads, responses, reasons for not selecting an american worker, etc. So the RIR-conversion package will follow the RIR-request, both are separate things.

Got it man, Thanks! I have one more question to you...

I am in my 7th year H1b, working at a client place, my company applied for Labor in March 2005 (TR), and recently in this month we have converted to "RIR" and it is in process.

Now, Client is considering me for a full time employement. What should I do?
I know that I can only change the company after the 140 is approved, provided my company should not revoke/cancel the 140.

What are my options? Should I ask my client to request my company to let the GC process go on till the 140 is approved? or Is there any other option to consider?

How do I convince my client and my company?

Please advice!!!

Thanks