TR to RIR conversion tracker

Clarification on your comments

So do you mean the DOL website is showing you case processing type as RIR or it specifically says that converted to RIR from TR .
Because there are lots of people whose status is not reflected correctly on the site. But as I belive there are only two processing type messages that they have (1. TR 2. RIR)

mustang_99 said:
The status on the DOLETA site suggests that my case has been converted from TR to RIR and I did NOT even apply for conversion ! My attorney is currently working on the application.

PD: Nov 2001
EB3, CA

I have seen quite several cases in my company such that people thought it was non-RIR, but ended up to be RIR when checking the website yesterday. It has nothing to do with whether you did conversion or not. I believe that the system is a chaos. If you happen to be lucky, you will belong to RIR queue and have your case certified soon. There is no pattern at all. Of course I am not the lucky people:(

bpc2001 said:
I have seen quite several cases in my company such that people thought it was non-RIR, but ended up to be RIR when checking the website yesterday. It has nothing to do with whether you did conversion or not. I believe that the system is a chaos. If you happen to be lucky, you will belong to RIR queue and have your case certified soon. There is no pattern at all. Of course I am not the lucky people:(

even mine at first when i applied was RIR and now since tuesday i saw TR and my pd is aug. 2001.
45day letter replied on jan. 2006.
still waiting...........
i don't know if i had to change to RIR................
or just wait..........
this is long life quest ......to achieve

Can someone please tell me about this TR to RIR conversion? I got a letter from my lawyer asking if I want to do this but I have not idea what this is.

I have labor pending from May 2005 and another one approved under PERM from Dec 2005.

Is it worth going for this? Please advice....

Thank You !!

If you have May 2005 Labor pending is not it a PERM application ? Does RIR to TR apply to PERM as well ?

shyguycalif said:
Can someone please tell me about this TR to RIR conversion? I got a letter from my lawyer asking if I want to do this but I have not idea what this is.

I have labor pending from May 2005 and another one approved under PERM from Dec 2005.

Thank You !!

You can read the TR to RIR hold harmless conversion here "http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/backlog_faqs_12-22-06.pdf"
They just extended the email intent deadline to be Jan 22.

Every case is different depending on many factors on each situation. You have to decide for yourself whether it's worth to go this route or not.

shyguycalif said:

Thank You !!

Do you guys know if the status change after sending the intent to convert to RIR or after sending the Advertisement details? If so after ho much time. Please post your experience

hingo said:
Do you guys know if the status change after sending the intent to convert to RIR or after sending the Advertisement details? If so after ho much time. Please post your experience
Status will change after the recruitment report (advertisement details) are sent, not after the email is sent. They will respond to the meail stating whether conversion is acceptable or not, and the prevailing wage (but its not necessary to wait for that to start recruitment)

My lawyer tells me that we have to wait for the prevailing wage from BEC before doing the ads. How do we know the prevailing wage before BEC respond to the e-mail. Do we have to show the wage in the ad

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Status will change after the recruitment report (advertisement details) are sent, not after the email is sent. They will respond to the meail stating whether conversion is acceptable or not, and the prevailing wage (but its not necessary to wait for that to start recruitment)

slacker lawyer

sssow said:
My lawyer tells me that we have to wait for the prevailing wage from BEC before doing the ads. How do we know the prevailing wage before BEC respond to the e-mail. Do we have to show the wage in the ad

No, you dont have to include the PW in your ad. The lawyer seems to be slacking off. Be careful, and if possible try to pull the plug out before it becomes too intense.

Two ads for me were done prior to Dec 22 FAQ. They both had wage info in them.
Now, my lawyer is waiting on the PW info -basically response for the 'Intent to Convert to RIR' email before the third and last mode of ad is put up.

If PW is not required in ad, can I ask my lawyer to go ahead with the third mode of ad alone with no wage info ?

If we still did not receive a response for the Intent to convert to RIR email, can we go ahead and send the recruitment package?

Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
labordrags said:
No, you dont have to include the PW in your ad. The lawyer seems to be slacking off. Be careful, and if possible try to pull the plug out before it becomes too intense.

I asked my attorney and he stated quite the opposite. If you look at any BEC listing on the AJB, they all list the salary. I also read somewhere (I am sorry I do not recall where) that you have to recruit with prevailing wage. If the act of recruiting is placing an advertisement in the paper, or internet site, then logically the wage should be listed with the job description.

sssow said:

You do not have to wait. Have your lawyer or your self check your state DOL for PW. The PW should be listed for the LC applied job. Should the BEC not agree with the amount after all, you can appeal with the DOL listing sent to them. In any case waiting will not help if you really intend to convert. You have to be done (complete) at the end if March.

Prevailing wage issue

I am in the process of converting TR to RIR and my Lawyer told me that you dont have to show the wage in the ads but my LC is from CA so the rules might be differnt for regions.
He also told me that in the ADjobs listing they have to list the wage but you do not have to when you run your won recruitment.
Somebody please clear this up who is allready past this stage.

Can the conversion (Recruitment) package be filed before PW is heard from BEC?

No body is sure, when the magic email from BEC will come? Knowing BEC there may be one more FAQ after 3 months..

For those who complete their recruitment efforts, can they send the conversion package or should they wait on BEC's prevailing wages?

RIR Conversion e-mail response

Has anyone received the response from DOL on RIR Conversion e-mail request? Did they accept the amendments (if requested any)??

re:

M y attoney said they received instructionf orm BEC, conversion package can not be submitted until feb. Have you guys heard this?

GCkiTalash said:
Has anyone received the response from DOL on RIR Conversion e-mail request? Did they accept the amendments (if requested any)??

waiting200X said:
M y attoney said they received instructionf orm BEC, conversion package can not be submitted until feb. Have you guys heard this?

Thanks waiting200X for sharing this info.
This is really new, hearing for the first time. Could you give more info pl?
Is it in response to your ' intent to convert to RIR ' email?
When was that email given, to get us an idea of how long the wait can be?

did you have Prevailing Wage emailed in the response? Was it different from the existing prevailing wages?

thanks in advance.