Too many disappointments

Anita Gupta

Registered Users (C)
Sorry I have nothing useful to say, I am in a self-pity mode which I am sure you guys are familiar with. Got some bad news (not regarding I-485) - can anyone offer some positive thoughts (feeling really low right now)

Same here. my dear friend!! Feeling is really really low. It makes me realize how weak a human being is in front of an inevitable where only continuous beg and pray, beg and pray can help a little.

I want to cry but there is no tear!
I want to go home but do not want to a loser at the last minute after years of struggling.
I want quit my job and find a place to nuture my dry heart but I have to wait here, endlessly.
I want to write a poem but years of uncontrolable life makes me num.

My only hope from this hopeless game is that that we will have a smooth life after this!

May god bless all !

Have some icecream or chocolate, think about sunny and warm weather and go to the movie or do something fun after work. Tha't what I do when I am depressed. Also, think how strong you are going to be after you will go through al these troubles. All other problems will be nothing compared to what you have been through already...
Consider your current situation as training for toughness. Whatever changes are happening in our lives at the end they always bring something good. That's for sure.

Hang in there...
You shall hear something soon. These guyz take their time but will get there so just be positive.

same here

I have been stuck here. I hate the guy I am working with. My manager think he is something but he is just a piece of shit. He just know how to tal....k. I can't wait to get out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you guyz the case of someone I know. He was happy really elated to get his GC this was one year back. He quit his job as soon as he got it. Same thing highly dissatisfied with his boss. After looking for some time he found a job with a big multinational and got laid off after one month!!! It's been almsot a year now he has been looking for a job.
I'm sorry Anita I don't mean to heap more disappointments over what you are currently feeling. Things just look absolutely the worst when you are frustrated. I have felt that myself and people close to me have felt the full brunt of it. But look back and see where you have reached and htink what you have to do to get further. Consider yourself as compared to some of the other less fortunate individuals (one's who've got interviews scheduled and have been laid off) and be thankful with what you have and will probably reach the finish line intact.
As someone I know once said - Things really can't get much worse from here and have to eventually look up. So you have a lot more sunny dayz ahead!!!!

Cheers.

That goes for you too ric2 welcome back!!!

cheer up...

Disappointments are part of our lives. Everybody goes thru bad times. Remember "rough sea makes a good captain". Just be mentally prepared for the worst that could happen and then start thinking and acting positively.

Whoever is feeling bad, let's have group hug.(after all we're like a family here). Ek doosare ka dukh-dard baantna hi chahiye !!!!
:( -->:) --> :D

venati: Its certainly not my day or year for that matter. First my boyfriend left me, then they took away the bonus and promotion they had promised in writing, then my sister refused to talk to me for 8-9 months, then my manager tried to force me out. All the time, this GC was a millstone around my neck. I am sure that others have it worse and I am being a baby but that doesn't make me feel better.

Thanks guys for such kind words, means a lot to me.

I heard that you just applied your EAD

I am pretty sure that your EAD will go waste this time 'cos you will get your GC before that.:)

oh, poor Anita...

Cheer up! My heart will be go on with you:)

Take care my friend,

my best wish!

Yes, I am sure the lawyers just wanted to make money on the EAD. Just in case, if there are RFEs/transfers and they don't approve me by Nov, I would need to travel to India on AP

Kind of same here.....

For the last three years nothing is happening the way i wanted and there is not one good thing happened to cherish, only one thing which keeps me strong and going is i have seen the worst for years and i can only get better.

It's hard to do well at work, at home, at social arena all the time without dissappointing others (or get dissappointed by others)and no matter what u do there are always some things does not happen the way u would like to....it's hard way to learn and in my view experience definitely makes us better person over the period of time.....how long???......only time will tell...

I do not think GC really changes anything the way i live but it definitely helps me to cherish the long awaited moment of happiness....thinking of this will be the start of good things will come to you in the future....

I know for sure one cannot stop you but only they can slow u little bit,,sooner u will fight back if u are resilient ....

Buck up

Come on Anita, focus on what you have achived so far. It takes quite some determination (even if you might have been privileged in certain senses) and effort to come this far. Whether you came here to study or via work, you have achieved something several people wish for/attempt but do not attain. Granted this is not the end all but still it shows you have a will to succeed and a determination to overcome biases and setbacks. Things will improve and I am sure you will visit your native land soon armed with your GC. Cheers

Anita Gupta Ji

If life were perfect (all Things said and done).

Would we be on this forum.

ps: I dont know if you know about the CRY (Child Relief and You)
billboards in Bombay. there was one a few years back that changed the way I look at life now, it said.

"I CRIED BECAUSE I HAD NO SHOES, TILL I SAW SOMEONE WHO HAD NO FEET"

Hope this helps inspiration wise:)

This board has changed me

Before I joined this board, I used to think that I am the most unlucky person on this planet. But I guess we all have problems.

I am still very depressed. I have my own set of problems. Lost money in Stocks and other investments in India. Job sucks, my boss sucks. Once I get my GC, I will resign next day, even if I have to work for McDonalds. And many other problems, which I cannot discuss.

Wanted to visit India after getting GC, but GC process is taking for ever.

LIFE SUCKS

Cheerup Anita

Anita,

july16 had the best answer for you. Don't get depressed with what you lost, but think about what you have and what you achieved all these years. Everybody's life will have thier ups and downs.

"HONGE KAAMYAAB...HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB
HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB... EK DIN
OHO....MAN ME HI VISHVAAS...POORA HI VISHVAAS
HUM HONGE KAAMYAAB...EK DIN"

Hope this cheers you up. All the best.

:)