Time taken for H1 extn in Vermont

Can one of you senior folks out there explain what the recent approvals at immigrationwatch.com mean? They show cases even from Apr & May of 2004 to have approved ? Is it true or just my misunderstanding?

Check out a snapshot of the website below.
:rolleyes:

Any idea how long after RFE?

I wonder how long will it be before something happens after RFE response is received in case of H1 extension. One of my friend's RFE was received on April 1st..nothing so far.

It all depends on how many premium processing cases came up I guess?

H1 Extn Delay and Online case Info.

To say the working of this center is awful would be Understatment of the Century.

I filed for H1 and H4 extn in October 2003 and was desperately waiting for approval.

Was checking daily the Online Case status for any Info on progress.It kept stating the same standard reply of Case under process and it is taking ???? to ???? Days for VSC to Process this type of Case.

I also registerd for getting the Case Updation Info through mail.It kept showing the same info about the Receipt date for these petitions and no further activity.

Now suddenly today i received my Wife's H4 extn (which by the way was approved in first week of April)from my lawyer.He has not received the H1 Extn Approval.I tried contacting Immigration Officer on the 800 Number and as usual he had no clue about whats going on.He told me to write a Snail Mail to VSC "requesting for early information on the Status".He admitted that all the Calls he recives are for the various delays and he is seldom able to solve the issues.

Really its Pathetic.

My extension for H1 was filed at VSC with RD 12/03/03. Upgraded to premium processing on 04/30. Saw continuous updates every day from 05/04-05/07. 05/07 was th last day updated. Then the case status changed to "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system"

Does anyone have any insights to offer on this? Does this imply an approval?

TIA.

K

vicky007 said:
To say the working of this center is awful would be Understatment of the Century.

I filed for H1 and H4 extn in October 2003 and was desperately waiting for approval.

Was checking daily the Online Case status for any Info on progress.It kept stating the same standard reply of Case under process and it is taking ???? to ???? Days for VSC to Process this type of Case.

I also registerd for getting the Case Updation Info through mail.It kept showing the same info about the Receipt date for these petitions and no further activity.

Now suddenly today i received my Wife's H4 extn (which by the way was approved in first week of April)from my lawyer.He has not received the H1 Extn Approval.I tried contacting Immigration Officer on the 800 Number and as usual he had no clue about whats going on.He told me to write a Snail Mail to VSC "requesting for early information on the Status".He admitted that all the Calls he recives are for the various delays and he is seldom able to solve the issues.

Really its Pathetic.

Vicky,

A question . Was your wifes H4 extn status updated on the website ?
The current processing date is Nov 3rd. So hopefully you will get it soon.

Best of luck,
Luckyluck

Hi,
I got my H1 extension approved today. Checked it online. My ND was Nov 3rd,and it said approved on May 12th.

So, they seem to be picking up now.

Good luck

7th year H-1B Extension approved

It's been a long wait (6 months) - my case got approved on 12/05/04. Receipt date was 11/19/03. Good luck to all!

Extenstion approved (premium processing)

Got the approval email from USCIS-CSSO and online status changed today to approved.

PhillyKP said:
My extension for H1 was filed at VSC with RD 12/03/03. Upgraded to premium processing on 04/30. Saw continuous updates every day from 05/04-05/07. 05/07 was th last day updated. Then the case status changed to "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system"

Does anyone have any insights to offer on this? Does this imply an approval?

TIA.

K

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Congratulations

I am still waiting..did yours online status message change after approval??

ND 11-3-2003

GCJaisaKoiNahi,

Did you get your H1B approved.
Any other updates guys....

Have a nice day...

Hi luckyluck ,

no yet... my last updated date is may 13th but no change in online message. Wondering what was that for? what about you?

take care

ND 11/4/03

my rd is 29 oct 2003. still h1b ext is pending and current processing date is nov 28. is there anyone in the same boat?

how about this....

Instead of making people wait for months and years for extension, they should charge upfront $3000 or $4000 and give the full 6 year term.

The delaying tactics is just to force everyone to use premium processing. If that is the case why not charge $1000 for extension and totally abandon regular processing?

RFE response received on 28th...however it was mailed out on April 21st. It will be eight months very shortly.

Raju
you are absolutely right.. At least we could save ourselves from all this trauma we are going through. Waiting for approval is something beyond mental agony. My case was touched on 13th may but neither online message changed nor my employer received anything. Question of whether it is a RFE or Approval or something else keeps bugging me whole day

When the going gets tough, tough gets going. Lets hope our cases will get approval soon.

ND 11/4/03

My current H1 expires Aug 1st. I am sad to find that it is talking 6-8 months in Vermont. I already sent papers to lawyer for 8th year extension last week.
I am mailing $1000 from my pocket, I cant bear another round of agony.

In last 25 months, I was in waiting state with just Receipt Notice for 15 months. Both the times I filed (ext, transfer), I got RFE's.

Hi All,

My H1 is expiring in Jan of Next year. When can i apply for H1 extention. Is there a rule that i can apply for extention, only if there is less than six months remaining for the H1 to expire.

Finally it is here...H1 and H4 extension approved

I am updating this thread with good news of my H1 and son's H4 extension approval. It has been a long eventful and distressing time while being on this regular extension line.

RFE response received on April 28th, approved on May 25th.

I need a similar result on my I140 RFE response which is going out this week.

All the best for people still waiting. Thank you all for the support.

thanks