This S*t has to stop!

bringslite

Registered Users (C)
Am I reading this correctly? Processing date for refugees is 01/05? Get out of here...

Not to put anyone down, and not all refugees, but in the city where I live there is a ton of them, most of them are milking the welfare system and driving nice cars, with the majority do not even speak English! And here I am (as a tiny example), being here for over 17 years, paid over $15K in taxes this year alone, and have to wait 5 freaking years before getting my GC? Someone cools me down before I get my blood pressure shooting off the roof
:mad:

bringslite said:
Am I reading this correctly? Processing date for refugees is 01/05? Get out of here...

Not to put anyone down, and not all refugees, but in the city where I live there is a ton of them, most of them are milking the welfare system and driving nice cars, with the majority do not even speak English! And here I am (as a tiny example), being here for over 17 years, paid over $15K in taxes this year alone, and have to wait 5 freaking years before getting my GC? Someone cools me down before I get my blood pressure shooting off the roof
bringslite do not compare asylee with refugee ..remember the state department bring them here ..they have to take care of them.
in dallas texas the state department offer big apartment complex just for refugee .. with free transportation..they put them in schools ..give them jobs..
most of refugee are successful people ..I'm serious.. I know the guy from kenya he CPA work for big company he have 3 daycare..he doing good.
refugee came from africa..seem good people to me ..they still have the clear soul and the beauty of the mother land.

bringslite said:

Bringslite, YOu are also a refugee. Make no mistake. YOu can also milk the welfare system, its there for you. You are an asylee doesnt mean that you are entitled to special respect. Refugees made a case back in their home country whereas you and me had the privilege to come here sleep on our warm homes and claim asylum. I am pretty sure we were assimilated in this country once our asylum was approved, rather than the refugees.

Before the cap, thats how it was laid out, asylees waited for GC's while refugees got it.

If you are really steamed. Ask Nasrmobin who will become a Permanent REsident but wouldn't be able to bring his wife in this country for the next 4 years. If you really are steamed, ask care2much who is waiting for his asylum to get approved after being in this country for over 10 years.

If you really are steamed, ask Gino who is ND 1999 and still being played by the Immigration service.

I know its easy to get mad but getting mad and calling refugees stuff is not really liable. If you are pissed, scream at the USCIS not the poor refugees who are just like you and me.

All the peopel you have refrenced are asylees and not refugees. I dare any one of you to show statistics that proves that refugees contribute more than asylees. As I mentioned before, I am not saying all refugees, but the majority. Trust me, I live with at least 10k of them. You can pay some of them $500, and they will let you claim one of their childrens in your taxes.

Regardless of how cozy it was for asylees(which has never been the case), refugees are a huge hurdle for the tax payers. I agree, the blame has to be directed toward the system which is actually distroying them and not helping them. It's creating a bunch of lazy a*s people. I had my share of suffering just like the peope you mentioned, so do not preach to me about other people sufferings!

The fact is, wheather you like it or not, most refugees are worthless! I hate to see my tax $$ go to support their lazyness!

Power to all Republicans who are trying to end this BS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright buddy,
I am a refugee, have been here for three years, have not got my GC yet, I was two years in Austria which is not my home country to get visa ( just waiting for the United States of America's Interview for refugee status) living there without even know the language and work for them, alot of probelms by myself. never used any welfare from this government, nor others because I can work by myself and make money, welfare is for poor people who can not work and need money.
Just keep in mind that you are refugee as well as all the people calim the same thing. Dont put some people in one category and burn all of them together. I am still away of my wife, as Want said and who knows how long it would take.

By the way, USCIS is not mine otherwise I would give you GC probably you wont go crazy and talk like this.

Dont forget all the rules of this country and other countries have been broken by their immigrants and US is the biggest one. So it doesnt mean becasue those felows in your city do something which is not proper or they had family here which are rich, all Refugees are same.

From my point of view, we all are here to share information and help eachother not inslut anyone or say who is faulty. Because you cant change people.

Regards,

Nas

bringslite said:

we should have the same processing date as refugees 01/05, after removing the cab. we are refugees also.

FOR BRINGSLITE!!!!!!!!
Please do not forget that we (refugees) become US citizens 5 years after our initial arrival in the US.
So when we become citizens we complain about you and other asylum abusers who use good faith and naivity of the people of our great country to shortcut their way to GC.
Also note that we refugees come to the US by recommendation made by UNCHR and US Government because they evaluate situation in our home countries and decide wheater we qualify for refugee status or not , while people like you obviously make up stories , fake documents and lie to gain immigration benefits.
Yes , I am directly attacking you ( which I normally do not consider as a proper method to bring people to rethink things they say but sometimes very necessary method). Remember that all honest refugees and asylees came to this country only to save their life and that of their family, now when you have your life back on tracks it is absolutely natural for you to become part of society you live in and unfortunately some of us have to go that looooooooooong immigration journey to achieve the goal of becoming full members of communities we live in.
But you should not be gratefull for GC or citizenship, but for protection this country offered you when you came here.But bashing on refugees getting their GC sooner than you , your primary concern is getting GC therefore you sound like an system abuser using asylum just as a instrument for getting GC because otherwise you would only be dreaming about GC for the rest of your life.Also who cares how much money you paid in taxes last year? As every hardworking person in this country you should be paying taxes ,furthermore this country "saved your life" so you should be paying taxes with happines and joy, and not use it as an argument how you pay a lot while refugees spend your tax money away.OH, they spend only your tax money on refugees? Must be a poor welfare check for refugees, since around 70000 come to US each year, makes $15000 / 70000 = $ 0.21 , wow that is a huge annual budget for refugees to spend.
My advise to you , save your breath, be patient, enjoy your freedom of persecution, and wait until you get your GC.Do not let your frustration overwhelm you because you absolutely have no reason to be frustrated. Read carefully wantmygcnow post, he is a wise man.
P.S. my english is pretty good for a semi-literate refugee, isn't it?
P.S.S. no offense to the rest of this asylum forum community who are like myself honest people without any prejudice.

I think there is nothing left for me to say to Bringlite, but I would like to add that asylees are entitled to whatever refugees are entitled. Remember that being an asylee or refugee means that you are not willing to go back to your country. The United States assumes that we ran away from our country on fear of persecution and we are not willing to go back. Therefore waiting greencard for ten years is not big deal for them if that is true. But it is understandable that some people have claimed asylum just to get a American citizenship and just can’t wait. I have I-94 for 7 years, waiting interview for asylum now and I have everything I wanted here. I can travel, go to university, and have a good job. There nothing to worry about. It would have been good if I had got green card or my citizenship which refugees I came with got already, but there nothing that refugees have that I do not have……..therefore, keep the good faith, work hard and you will find your citizenship if you are true asylee, but if you wanted to get American citizenship and your country is safe for you and you want to move between the two countries safely then you have problem…….. delay…..

faysal said:
. Remember that being an asylee or refugee means that you are not willing to go back to your country…..

REFUGEE MAY GO BACK HOME ON RTD.BUT ASYLEE CAN'T.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

cadel said:
REFUGEE MAY GO BACK HOME ON RTD.BUT ASYLEE CAN'T.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005
Cadel, Yes Refugees can go back home once they resettle in the US, but when their cases are being processed overseas they are asked if they are will ing to go back to their home country and if they say yes, that could a ground of denial.

faysal said:
I think there is nothing left for me to say to Bringlite, but I would like to add that asylees are entitled to whatever refugees are entitled. Remember that being an asylee or refugee means that you are not willing to go back to your country. The United States assumes that we ran away from our country on fear of persecution and we are not willing to go back. Therefore waiting greencard for ten years is not big deal for them if that is true. But it is understandable that some people have claimed asylum just to get a American citizenship and just can’t wait. I have I-94 for 7 years, waiting interview for asylum now and I have everything I wanted here. I can travel, go to university, and have a good job. There nothing to worry about. It would have been good if I had got green card or my citizenship which refugees I came with got already, but there nothing that refugees have that I do not have……..therefore, keep the good faith, work hard and you will find your citizenship if you are true asylee, but if you wanted to get American citizenship and your country is safe for you and you want to move between the two countries safely then you have problem…….. delay…..

Nicely said faysal. I totally agree. Maybe my comment earlier may sound harsh to somebody on this forum but it's purpose is not offending rather to make people understand that not the immigration benefit(s), but the freedom and life you are talking about here in the US ,should be appreciated and enjoyed.

faysal said:
Cadel, Yes Refugees can go back home once they resettle in the US, but when their cases are being processed overseas they are asked if they are will ing to go back to their home country and if they say yes, that could a ground of denial.

I got you faycal.Thank you for this clarification

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

bringslite said:
All the peopel you have refrenced are asylees and not refugees. I dare any one of you to show statistics that proves that refugees contribute more than asylees. As I mentioned before, I am not saying all refugees, but the majority. Trust me, I live with at least 10k of them. You can pay some of them $500, and they will let you claim one of their childrens in your taxes.

Regardless of how cozy it was for asylees(which has never been the case), refugees are a huge hurdle for the tax payers. I agree, the blame has to be directed toward the system which is actually distroying them and not helping them. It's creating a bunch of lazy a*s people. I had my share of suffering just like the peope you mentioned, so do not preach to me about other people sufferings!

The fact is, wheather you like it or not, most refugees are worthless! I hate to see my tax $$ go to support their lazyness!

Power to all Republicans who are trying to end this BS!
Dear Bringlite, you already hate refugees as a tax payer. First, you need to understand the definition of refugee. If you do, you are one of them. As refugees, we are people who run away from their country. In the process, we missed our beloved mothers, sisters, fathers, neighbors, friends, and the towns villages, valleys, in which we were born. We are thousands away our hometowns. We have come into a nation we are alien to. We don’t know the culture, people, how they do business, at the same time we are trying to make sense out of it. Besides this note, I am really moved by your reference to refugee families who would offer kids to be claimed at $500. Brother, these people do not understand the law and they think kids can be claimed regardless of the situation. You should be an advocate to help them understand the law. You should not expose the weakness of the refugees. And by the way you are talking about refugees, but you are not aware of the what is going on the top of the world. Do you know what CEOs, members of congress are doing…just picking on a refugee at the street trying to survive. Brother open your eyes. The US economy yields more than 12 trillion a year. You are complaining about $500 or the like. You pocket is pretty small.
As a refugee regardless of status we people in the same situation. Let get our share of the pie……………………..

faysal said:

My childhood friend and I came to US at the same time. We are of the same nationality and had the same experience of persecution and discrimination. She came with her family who already had relatives here who had sponsored them to come through a refugee program. I was not qualified for a refugee at the American Consulate because I didn't have a single soul in the US who would advocate for me. So I chose a tougher route, anything just to get out of there. My friend had three years of college for free, because she is a refugee. She was getting pretty good checks from IRSA and a local refugee office funded by the government (meaning, all of you, taxpayers). She went on to get her Master's Degree because she didn' really have to work to pay off her school debts since she didnt have any. She went back to COP every year to 'relax and have fun'. Meanwhile, I worked my ass off just to stay alive, with no assistance from anyone, put myself through college, got more or less decent jobs, but not the ones I would love to have and am qualified for just because of the lack of documents. She has been a citizen for seven years now, traveled all over the world, has a job with the government. I still don't have the GC, live and feel like a second-hand person and have to ask for a visa even to the stupid Bahamas. We both have lived here for 15 years. I paid more money to this government than she did, I probably paid for her education. And what do I see in return? Nothing. Now you tell me how the US refugee program is justified? As far as I am concerned we all have met the same standard and should get the same benefits in the same timeframe.

Dear 14ksusha,
I am totally agree with you. I am really sorry for your situation, eventhough would not help your situation. As far as I know you could have use Pelgrant and other stuff for your school since you never had any income before you got here. I worked my ass off, I paid for school, never back to my country becasue, 1) I can not, since I swered to not going back and if you had not any problems in your country what is it then? 2) I dont like to go back with that stupid government, 3) you ran away from the fear you had, what is the reason to go back. I dont see any points, even talk about it.
But after 15 years that you have lived here, you should have benefits like a US citizen which I am sure that you have done everything right for this country. Who you should of blame I dont really know, but I'm usually telling something to myself that after I pass the point, everything will be stright-up for others which I dont really mind it anymore. It is just life, all of us have diffrent probelms in our life and different times.

Best of luck for you and others in this forum,

Nas

Last edited by a moderator:
14ksusha said:
My childhood friend and I came to US at the same time. We are of the same nationality and had the same experience of persecution and discrimination. She came with her family who already had relatives here who had sponsored them to come through a refugee program. I was not qualified for a refugee at the American Consulate because I didn't have a single soul in the US who would advocate for me. So I chose a tougher route, anything just to get out of there. My friend had three years of college for free, because she is a refugee. She was getting pretty good checks from IRSA and a local refugee office funded by the government (meaning, all of you, taxpayers). She went on to get her Master's Degree because she didn' really have to work to pay off her school debts since she didnt have any. She went back to COP every year to 'relax and have fun'. Meanwhile, I worked my ass off just to stay alive, with no assistance from anyone, put myself through college, got more or less decent jobs, but not the ones I would love to have and am qualified for just because of the lack of documents. She has been a citizen for seven years now, traveled all over the world, has a job with the government. I still don't have the GC, live and feel like a second-hand person and have to ask for a visa even to the stupid Bahamas. We both have lived here for 15 years. I paid more money to this government than she did, I probably paid for her education. And what do I see in return? Nothing. Now you tell me how the US refugee program is justified? As far as I am concerned we all have met the same standard and should get the same benefits in the same timeframe.

Mr. 14...your frustration is understandable. You don't deverve this to happen to you. We know and its a fact that someone who came here and someone who is sponsered are completely different. when someone sponsers you, you enjoy all benefits the government and your family provide. however, if you come here on your own, the situation is difficult. No friends! NO! government assistance. Also the situation is worse if your asylum is denied. but if you are lucky and your asylum is approved, you can survive and catch up.

I am sylee. come here 2000. Before here I had a primary school education. I graduated college and now attending university, expecting to get my undergraduate degree in 2006, and applied for graduate school and approved...have nice job, can travel..............I haven't seen anything that refugees have got that I don't have.......remember the refugees with whom I came with are citizens..........I am waiting an asylum interview in which my case could be denied....keeping my fingers crossed...........still optimistic...........We should be proud of the refugees who are enjoying their freedom, and support they get...........we should reach out them for help.........it is not their fault that we are in this situation.............Today I was with friend....she is related to me........she came in 2000 as refugee and she got her passport in December 2005.....She is citizen........I was granted asylum in 2000. applied greedcard in 2001...divorced the principal.....not eligible adjustment...start a new.................It not refugees fault...........Just a matter of legal procedure........Just wait and keep your faith up...........Everything will be ok...................

Asylees are refugees. One of the requirements for getting asylum is meeting the refugee definition set forth in the INA. Both the refugee and asylum programs are animated by the same humanitarian spirit of the United States. Asylees and refugees basically are eligible for the same benefits: short-term ORR cash and medical assistance, federal welfare payment such as Food Stamp (up to seven years after gaining the eligible status), and grants and loans for college.

The comments that refugees are non contributing are so beyond the pale as not to merit a dignified reply.