This is a very weird/amazing case

Under what basis can he extend his conditional GC to upto five years?!?

Stoned!

If the I-751 hadn't been adjudicated yet, then it effectively puts you in perpetual conditional status..but 5 years does seems rather long for a I-751 to be pending..there must be more to the story.

I do not see anything unusual, except for I-751 pending for a long time, but again, is this really unusual for the USCIS?

One can file for naturalization while I-751 is pending but the N-400 cannot be adjudicated before I-751. That's what they will tell him at the interview. He can still take civics and language tests. I do not think they will detain him at the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not see anything unusual, except for I-751 pending for a long time, but again, is this really unusual for the USCIS?

One can file for naturalization while I-751 is pending but the N-400 cannot be adjudicated before I-751. That's what they will tell him at the interview. He can still take civics and language tests. I do not think they will detain him at the interview.

I know about a similar situation in Canada.

A guy filed for asylum, same which was granted.

His wife and 4 kids arrived and filed for asylum too. The process was under way and they were officially "in removal proceedings".

The guy (father/husband) filed for permanent residence and included all the family in the application.

Permanent residence for all of them was granted.

The wife and kids withdrew their asylum application stating that they had become permanent resident.

Now all of them are canadian citizens.

Can the same happen in the US? It is not unusual in the US that government agencies don't "talk" to each other.

Can the same happen in the US? It is not unusual in the US that government agencies don't "talk" to each other.

In your friends case I don't see how it could happen since his permanent residency has already been denied, and therefore he is not eligible for naturalization.

A few months ago, frequest forum posters had agreed on the assumption that posts for "my best friend", "my wife's friend", "my co-worker", etc are more likely to the be OP's own case details.

I suspect the OP is using another person to refer to him own situation

A few months ago, frequest forum posters had agreed on the assumption that posts for "my best friend", "my wife's friend", "my co-worker", etc are more likely to the be OP's own case details.

TC,

Thanks for the update, I have been away from the forum for a long time. Fatherhood changes your priority in a big way...:p I agree, the OP is too familiar with all intimate details of the friend, not that friends can't share such information... but I am realizing people are uncomfortable being unfront, even though this forum provides good counsel for free...:)

:D

I suspect the OP is using another person to refer to him own situation...:D

You can ASSURE I am not the one in such situation. Anyone who may find IP addresses will notice that my messages are sent from Ontario, Canada.

I know all the details because this person is a nice guy who has been very badly adviced by unfit lawyers.

You can ASSURE I am not the one in such situation. Anyone who may find IP addresses will notice that my messages are sent from Ontario, Canada.

I know all the details because this person is a nice guy who has been very badly adviced by unfit lawyers.

Give me the names of those lawyers, I have a solution for them...:eek: Just having fun, no need to be sensitive..mr. ontario. we all know its you..:p