• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Things to know before entering the DV 2011!

Which country are you from? University and College is pretty much the same. You could fill out you have some College/University courses since you need to have HS in order to get into College/University...I'm not sure if that is in all countries but most countries it will be like that. You are eligible since you already stated you have a HS diploma so don't worry about that part.

Help!

Hi bentlebee,
Thanks for this great tips, I have been so confused about this high school stuff,
My case is that i have completed my high school diploma, Studied english for over 7 years and math too, My english is fine too but when i read the DV2011 instructions it says : "To enter the lottery, you must meet either the education or work experience requirement of the DV program: You must have either a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education"

My issue, the high school in my country (EGYPT) is 11 years NOT 12 as it says in the instructions ?

I really fear this might be a problem as i plan to participate in this year's lottery.

Also if possible can i know the exact requirements for the photograph .

Thanks in advance .

My issue, the high school in my country (EGYPT) is 11 years NOT 12 as it says in the instructions ?[/FONT]

It won't be a problem. Remember they say High School or its equivalent. So in states it's 12 years, in Egypt 11 in my country it was 10, when I studied.

But if you have some concerns you can send legalised copy of your 11 years high school certificate to one of the companies in states that will evaluate your high school certificate and say what is its equivalent in states.

Mustafa i wish it was so easy.As a nurse you have 2 b registerd in the country you r goin 2 practice.So if l get 2 go 2 canada l ave 2 b registerd there its very xpensive,especialy coz l dnt know any1 there.

Mustafa i wish it was so easy.As a nurse you have 2 b registerd in the country you r goin 2 practice.So if l get 2 go 2 canada l ave 2 b registerd there its very xpensive,especialy coz l dnt know any1 there.

I see. But, I'm sure you know that getting a green card isn't cheap either, especially if you don't have anyone there.

Just wanted to give you some other options for consideration :)

I have an Associates degree, but only put down some University courses, since I am working on my bachelors now. Although I don't think it will make a difference in the drawing...

I have an Associates degree, but only put down some University courses, since I am working on my bachelors now. Although I don't think it will make a difference in the drawing...

I believe Associate Degree means some university course. Good luck.

This is a very good and informative Post. Well presented. Well done many people who take the time to go through it will greatly benefit. Well done..

This is a very good and informative Post. Well presented. Well done many people who take the time to go through it will greatly benefit. Well written.

US trained nurse

If you are a registered nurse why don't you apply to countries that have shortage of this skill. For instance Canada or Australia?

any tips/advice/suggestions/orientation for a US trained and certified nurse (BSN-US College, RN- US State licenced) on F1 doing graduate studies to be in status but seeking work permit as a nurse.
Thanks.

any tips/advice/suggestions/orientation for a US trained and certified nurse (BSN-US College, RN- US State licenced) on F1 doing graduate studies to be in status but seeking work permit as a nurse.
Thanks.

The US has a shortage as well...if you have proof of your education being similar to a 2 year degree you might be able to obtain a H1 visa....there are still some available....but you need a good lawyer to help you with that.

Thanks.

Sorry not familiar with US immigration law. Only know about DV Lottery.

For all the people who enter but don't know what the lottery really is about...you aren't guarenteed a GC...just a letter stating you can start to apply for one, which is a huge thing:), but comes with fees and a lot of proof...if you can't afford it or aren't eligible you will only loose money and stay where you are!

Since I received a couple of DM with questions that are posted in my first thread, maybe others want to read it as well to get to know a little more about the DV lottery.

I any one has any suggestions I can add something if it is something people need to know....:)