• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Things to know before entering the DV 2011!

The following countries do NOT qualify for the DV-2010 Green Card Lottery:
RUSSIA***
*** While Russia is not eligible, countries from the former Soviet Union (USSR) ARE ELIGIBLE.

What is the purpose of giving false information? Russia was eligible for DV-2010.

I am going to take the photo printed i mean at a photographer not with my own digital cam, Can you help how to make it meet the requirements for the GC lottery
Submission is electronic only, so you do not need to print the picture. Chances are that the requirements for dv11 will not change since last year. Go ahead, read the dv10 instructions, then use your digital camera and play with the file until you get a correct size. That's it.

Submission is electronic only, so you do not need to print the picture. Chances are that the requirements for dv11 will not change since last year. Go ahead, read the dv10 instructions, then use your digital camera and play with the file until you get a correct size. That's it.

Well so i tell the photographer not to print it just take it on a drive or something ?

Before you enter into the DV 2011 when it opens to any eligible person, you should be aware of the following.

-You have to pay the DV fees after winning and before obtaining the GC and if you are denied you won't get a refund. (fees can be up to $ 1,600 per person)

It is not true!
In Europe you have to pay 755$! It is true!
Where did you read (fees can be up to $ 1,600 per person)?

It is not true!
In Europe you have to pay 755$! It is true!
Where did you read (fees can be up to $ 1,600 per person)?

It is the total of all costs before getting here...

Pictures, DV fee, medical exam, postal costs, ticket for 1 person, etc...

If you do AOS you are already here so you pay $ 375.- +$ 1010,- + medical, postal costs, etc...no ticket.

IMO the $ 1600.- is even a low amount to get it all done, if you add more people on the application the amount will be higher!

What is the purpose of giving false information? Russia was eligible for DV-2010.

Exactly, Russia was eligible for DV-2010 but it wasn't for previous years. There is a note in the DV-2010 Instructions that says:

"For DV-2010, Russia has returned to the list of eligible countries. Kosovo has also been added to the list of eligible countries. No countries have been removed from the list of eligible countries for DV-2010."

Source: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf#13

Be aware that many fraudulent web sites are showing misleading information regarding the DV requirements. bentlebee made it clear that the information provided was not official.

I agree, we have to wait for the OFFICIAL website to come out with the eligibilty rules...there are many money sharks swimming out there to get your money, you better use it for the real fees!:)

Who is Eligible to Enter the Diversity Visa Lottery?

You or your spouse must be a native of a country that is eligible to participate in the Diversity Visa Lottery. You may also be eligible to apply if your parent was born in a country that is eligible to participate. (The State Department will publish the names of countries that are eligible to participate before each year's lottery.)
You must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, defined in the United States as successful completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education; OR you must have two years of work experience within the last five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform.
See the State Department information on the DV program.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...CRD+ucsis+dv+lottery&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Still no official countries of eligibility posted!

If need more info what to expect after you win and about some of the costs....read the first post on this thread...

Hey bentlebee.I nid ur help.Im preparin 4 dv 2011.N l wntd to apply as per the work n work experience qualification.Im a regdistrd nurse(with a diploma)So where do l indicate this,in tha form while applying online if so in whch column ,the education level column or in subsequent nl's????Thanks in advance..

Hey bentlebee.I nid ur help.Im preparin 4 dv 2011.N l wntd to apply as per the work n work experience qualification.Im a regdistrd nurse(with a diploma)So where do l indicate this,in tha form while applying online if so in whch column ,the education level column or in subsequent nl's????Thanks in advance..

When you enter online you fill out all the questions very carefull so you won't make any mistakes and check it one more time before hitting "submit".

I don't remember very well if you have to fill out your work qualification, as far as I remember it is something you have to fill out on the form when you receive the NL that you are selected as a winner and can move forward in the GC process...that is the time you need to provide all proof.

Later you have to pay the fees for the application, AOS if you do that, medical, etc....x 4...since I understand you are going to apply for 4 people.

The online form is not too difficult to fill out, only some have issues with the picture.