Texas Service Center - processing time for OPT?

I had gone to the Local office today,No help at all...they do not issue interim EAD cards....they cannot even expedite the process...I am on 92nd day today...
They have no idea about the case...I asked them how long will take...same answer no clues...this is frustrating...my start date is tomorrow...

Can any one tell me how many days it takes to receive the card once ur online msg changes to card under production....

thanks
sachin

Hi!!!
I finally call USCIS and I was able to talk with a person there. They took my receipt number and sent an e-mail to TSC. They said that if for july 4 TSC has not answer me that I call again. I have a question, where is the appointment that you got? in Texas?

I still have no updates! Mine is also on the 27th of March!!! where is my status update??????????????????????
@Pranga: What time did you get the update? Morning, Afternoon, evening, Night??

Hi Ilain - Which option did you go for while talking to customer service person?
I was told to wait 30-60days !! :(
How come yours is just a week! ? Diid you just call for the first time?
What is yr Receipt date btw?

@ deep..The update happened in the evening..but the fact was i had not checked it from morning..so i dont know when it got updated. I think you will get updated as soon as you go on thursday.

Hi Deep
I called for the first time. I called to the 1-800 number, you have to press options 1 - 2 - 3. I told the lady that answer me that I was out of 90 days and nothing happen with my request. And she told me that I must call again after july 4 if they don't answer me something. My receipt date is march 26.

I just hope that the website updated something !!!

Good luck for you.

update: OPT card received; RD Apr 7, 2009
Hey all,
I received my card yesterday. It is such a relief and my employer waited for me so long just like me.
Good luck to everyone!!!
Prasan

I had called the USICS office today....was told to wait for 5 more days....they have a service request for me...

receipt date march 31

any updates.....u guys have....

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sachin:
When did you raise yr service request? did you also go for options 1-2-3 while talking to a customer service person?
I was told to wait for 30-60days :(
I dont get it!! :( I want my OPT!!!!!!

@deep

I raised my service request on Monday June 29th. Yes I did the 1-2-3 option..
Just now I got an update saying Card Production Ordered. finally........Well I was also told to wait for 30 days....But I think I called them every other day....to check my status...hang on you will be next surely....

Update - received my card in the mail this morning ... finished up my HR paperwork and am officially beginning work today!

@Deep, what did they say at your INFOPASS appointment?
Have you tried calling to expedite? I was not able to see my case status online earlier, but a few days after I filed an expedite request I was able to see the case status.

@ash..great! congrats!!! That was fast..you got the mail notice and got the mail also fast. I got the notice today that the approval notice has been mailed..so i expect it to receive it soon. It comes by normal post right?

@Ash:
Infopass raised a request and I was told I should receive an updat eby the 7th of July. So there has to be something other than Validation errors next week!!! :)
Good Luck with your job!