Texas Service Center - processing time for OPT?

ash1984

USCIS Texas Service Center received OPT application March 30, 2009. Had requested OPT start date of May 17, 2009 but have not received EAD card yet.

What has been the experience of others who applied for OPT this Spring/Summer at the Texas Service Center?

You should get the card in about 2 months, 3 at worst. So wait. Your new starting date will be the date of issue of new card and you will get 1 year from that.

They receive mine on Apr 1, but now it is June 10, I have not received any information about my EAD card.

Ken

OPT delay

My OPT receipt date is Apr 6th, 2009 and haven't received yet. Any one has any latest news about this delay?

Ken_OY,
May I know which service center you applied through? Did you try to expedite your case any time?

TSC, Yes I think I will try. But it is almost 3 months, .......
But I really don't what things I need in hand when I call them....

@Ken,
Did you check with TSC to see if they provide you with Interim OPT once you complete 90 days? I heard TSC stopped issuing this but I am not sure though. I got to check that for myself as well. Mine is 65 day today.

hi, prasan,
Thanks

I did not check that. I will wait till 10:00 am to see if there are any change on my status.
If you have further information let me know.
Mine is 65+6=71 days....
Wait with hope............

Ken

BTW, do anybody know the fax # of TSC??
My friend told me she fax her proof documents to expedite her case before. She did not need to talk to them, just to fax.
Anyone here know the #? Pls let me know
Thanks a lot!!

Ken

hi, prasan,
My card has been approved, now under production!
Good news for me, and may be for you. I think your case may be approved soon!!
Good luck!!

Ken

Ken,
That is a great news and congrats! So did they update your online status from "received n pending" to something else?

Ken,
Did you get TSC fax number? I made an expedite request recently and got to fax them the supporting documents or else I got to send those in over night express mail.

@Ken,
From the day we see "card prod ordered" status, do you know how long it takes to receive the original card in hand? Did you do any finger printing/biometrics for this?

@Andy,
Do you have information if TSC stopped issuing Interim OPT for people who haven't gotten their EAD approval even after 90 days?

Ken,

You mentioned that your online status changed to "card production ordered". Were you able to see you case status online before? What did it say?

My online case status has always given an error msg saying "case not found", and I know many others have had this same issue.

Ash

@Ash,
Are you using the correct receipt number to check the status? Mine says "case received and pending" when I use the receipt number I have in my OPT application receipt.