Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

H1-B & EAD expiring

Hi All,

My h1-b expires May2005 and 1st EAD in June 2005.
I have been with the same employer right from the begining and my 6 years will end in May2005.

Below are my dates adn iam expecting 485 approval anytime but as we cannot anticipate TX center i wanted to know my options.

Applied June 2001 -EB2
Labor Approved Feb 7th 2004 -Atlanta
140 approved Feb 14th 2005 -TX
FP given on March 4th 2005 -Dallas

Can i get my EAD renewed and work for the same employer without extending the H1?
Then what happens to the status?

Appreciate if some one can answer the questions and my options

And also can somebody update my info in the excel sheet as i have not used it before.
Thx

Yes if your labor requirement belongs to EB2 cateogry.

Best option would be to apply 1 140 for AOS and 2nd 140 for CP

Ibrga and paswin;

No, you cannot apply for two I140s with one approved LC.

Getting an EB2 LC approved doesnot mean that you are eligible for EB3 I140. If the LC stated EB2 category, your state labor department approved you for that category only.

But, the same employer can apply two different I140s if they had applied for two different LCs.

summit,
this has been confirmed by Sheela Murthy. If you have an LCA for EB2 you are eligble to apply EB2 I-140 and EB2 I-140 both.

I found the following questions on Murthy's website Logs (I am thinking that you have read those).

The first question takes care of Ibrga's initial question. (Ibrga wants to apply two I140s with one LC!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As far as the second question, I don't know what "details" Ms. Sheela Murhty might look at. Is it considered lying to the SWA if you apply LC stating that you applying for a job that require a MS degree or EB2 eligibility (this will eliminate lot of applicants to the job). Once approved, you jumpback to EB3 category (although, EB2 might be better than EB3) for don't know what reason.

(If I am wrong, could you point me to where you found the info at Ms. Sheela Murthy's website?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Question : Thank you for your service. Is it ok to submit EB2 and EB3 applications for the same employee and employer?

Answer : It would seem to be dishonest and possibly fraudulent for the same employer and employee to intend that the foreign national work in two different but permanent full time jobs upon approval of the GC process. Once the person obtains one approval, it is best just to stick with one of them (the real, future job) which may likely be the EB2 job for priority date benefits and since it is more likely that the minimum requirements will be satisfied in that position.
Date : 2003-03-24
----------------------------------------------------------------
2) Question : Hi Murthy, can I-140 (EB2) will be approved under EB3, if the officer is not convinced with progressive experience? Also can we file I-140 under EB3, if labor is approved for EB2?

Answer : Usually, the INS will not approve the EB2 case if the officer is not convinced of the progressive experience. A new I-140 can be filed in EB3 category possibly even if the LC was filed and approved with EB2. Depends on all the details.
Date : 2002-03-25
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Mickey_32 said:
140 got approved after an RFE.
Congrats Mickey 32.

I am in the same boat. Response to RFE received by USCIS on March 25. Web site updated with the RFE with Received status.
But today(03/28/05) there is a LUD Change.

At0324,
If my application process is any indication, you should be getting an approval e-mail in the next few days. In my case, it took them about 5 working days after receiving the response to the RFE. You are almost there, and since you have already done your FP, who knows you might get 485 approval soon after that as well.

At0324,
My feeling is also that you should have an approval in this week. You are almost there. I am scheduled to go this weekend for my FP. I hope it works out fast for me too. Cant keep fingers crossed because I am doing FP this weekend :))

FP documents

Summit et al,
I know there has been a post talking about this. But I could not find the post. For those just received FP notices, what are the documents I need to take with me to do FP.
Photo ID, and FP notice.
Anything else?

Hope that everyone gets their FP and approval soon.
Thanks.
PD: 08/2001 EB2
FP: :scheduled on 5/10/04
140 RD: 7/04 AD: 1/05
485 RD: 7/04

what you mentioned is what is on my FP notices. I can't think of anything extra.

On the FP notices, it is mentioned "..........Any receipt notices associated with your application".

For that, I was going to take my I485/I140 receipts/approvals (just in case).

Recently i completed my FP. They asked me ID card and FP notice.
It is a very cool process, not even took 30 mins. And also take Biometrics also.

Summit and Sai1234,
Thanks for the reply. I don't have the receipt for I485 / I 140. Sai1234 did not need to use it. It seems. I will check with my lawyer.

Thanks again.