gcappl
acehart 10/15
gabbar007 10/22 MDR2001776xxx
PRB
GC Despo
GC Michigan 10/22
Manbird

This is all strange.

Please add me to the missing list. NVC sent my packet to Chennai on 15-OCT, which Chennai is claiming missing.

Missing from website.....

Guys, My case # is missing also. When I called on 12/11 they gave me Jan 25 at 8 AM and the lady even told me that the P4 was mailed to local address. When I called yes\'day after not seeing my case, the lady told me to call back next wk. Will wait & see.

I just applied for I-140, and I am expecting April Interview, but

my wife wants to leave for india in jan. I wanted to know if she is required to be here to sign any forms from packet3.....
appreciate any inputs in this regard.

kudos - mystery solved

I was wondering how come kudos, you got your appt. because our papers where sent by NVC together. That confused me... atleast now it is consistent with our theory that they lost 2 weeks of cases.

No Title

Yes, She has to sign DS230 Part I, but you can ask her to download it in india. Send your copy and ask her mail all that bunch to consulate when NVC sent your case to consulate. This may be in march.

Thanx TL

PCC official notification.

AILA (@immigration-law.com) has now confirmed that we would need 2 PCC (one local and one from Passport Office) from Jan 2002. This does not help.
acehart, gabbar and others, what do we do? I called Chicago and the lady there told me PCC will take a min of 45 days and sicne they need our Passport to endorse the PCC we cannot leave till PCC has come. This is all getting too hairy. What do u guys think we should do??????

Goof Up

Not sure exactly if Chennai had goofed up,
but my case was sent by NVC to Chennai on 11/6.
An yesterday night Chennai told me to call
after 10 days.

Thanks Superman

I guess I\'ll just go ahead and get it since I have some time. Now if only I could get my passport back from DOS quickly (sent in for stamping H1 2 months back and no reply).

GCAPPL - PCC

Since the Chennai Consulate has not informed anybody
i.e verbally or otherwise, i still dont think
we need a PCC.

So relax!! dil me math le yaar...

GC Despo

I am a little doubtful that we will get Jan interview now. Chennai told me to call on 20th again. Let us see. Pls email me at gcappl@email.com if you guys get any breaking news. :)

I do not think they work on individual cases unless they receive from NVC.

It is hard to believe this. Consulates work only on those cases that are received from NVC. They can not work on cases that come from random people. After all these days, it is hard to believe now they are saying "Have not received papers from NVC". I am not sure how to interpret this.

Chennai/NVC Goofup.

My papers were sent by NVC on 10/22. So apparently, the 10/15 and 22 reasoning holds. The whole thing smells weird.

About getting PCC, hair raising, AILA re and all

Folks,

Funny, my lawyer sent me a letter today saying PCC is required (she finally woke up), and I gave some good feedback (thanks to everybody on this site, we seem to know much more than any of these lawyer dudes). Now she is confused as well :)

I think people who can get PCC without much hassle from the consulate here should just go ahead and do it. If it is 30 days we still have time. If you had your passport reissued, it just takes a couple of days. And if it is not possible, don\'t panic, just go for the interview. Chennai has consistenltly maintained that we don\'t need PCC, no special mention in Pkt 4 either, so we can state the same.

On that note, if we are requesting for PCC by mail, do we have to send our passport as well ? I think I heard it is a stamp they put on the passport, rather than any separate certificate. Any ideas ?

Thanks

No Title

If it is NY, then i called yesterday and found that
we can mail them the app form with fees and copies of
passport, and after 45 days they will intimate us to
come in person to get the passport stamped. They send the
passport details to your city.