Td visa holder is waiting for new visa after 7 months!

Faranefr

Hi,
I’m Td holder( Dependent of Tn visa holder) but I’m not Mexican or Canadian citizen! I sent my application to extended my visa (through the Uscis) 7 months ago and still no response, just did the Biometric like 5 months ago! Is there anyone is here like me? How long does it take ?
Thanks

Once your application to extend your TD status was received prior to expiring you should be just fine. Our TD extension applications took almost 12 months last year. If you have to leave the US prior to a decision, you would just apply for TD status on your return, I believe.

Once your application to extend your TD status was received prior to expiring you should be just fine. Our TD extension applications took almost 12 months last year. If you have to leave the US prior to a decision, you would just apply for TD status on your return, I believe.
Thanks! My prior Td was expired 2 months ago! So do you think probably mine also takes 12 months!? My husband got his new Tn visa 7 months ago and we filled concurrent! I’m so worry! The Us consulates in Canada don’t have any appointments for almost 6 months later! I’m just frustrated! My driving license was expired 2 months ago! So I have tough situation with two kids!

Last edited:
I-539s are taking forever, but as LMB says, you filed in time, so it doesn't matter how long it takes.