talk to IIo and got to know interview date

Wella/ NICE'N PATIENT

Any updates guys?? I have a question.. my EAD expires Jan 2004. Can I renew the EAD online or do I need to go to the local INS office for renewal.

later.

EAD

Hello there,

Well, I do not have an update. Still waiting.

As for the EAD, several people are advising to still use the paper application instead of the online application. Please refer to Murthy.com and other threads on this forum. Basically the message there is that BCIS is still not efficient enough on the online application process. But the final dicesion is of course ultimately yours.

As for me, I am renewing mine using the old procedure. Mine is expiring in Jan 2004 as well.

Good luck, and keep us posted with the progress.

Where do we mail the application??

Wella,

If we use the old method, where do we mail the application?? Do we mail it to the TSC or the local BCIS office. My case was originally applied in VSC and got transferred to the local Houston office. Just curious how soon do I need to apply for the renewal of EAD.. Also I wud appreciate it if you could let me know the address where I wud be sending the paper application.

later.

neha123,

After my case was transfered from TSC to Houston, I applied for the EAD at the Houston Office. I did that a couple of times already. My lawyer made the filing, and I just signed the application forms.

You can get the Houston Office address from the INS website:

www.immigration.gov

I do not know whether you can file by mail, or you have to file in person. May br another member on the forum can advise.

Good luck

Wella

My EAD expires Jan 2004. Do you think its too early to apply for a EAD renewal ?? please let me know. Also if you have your old application, could you please tell me where you have sent your EAD application last year??

later.

EAD

neha123,

No I do not think it is early to file the EAD now. You never know how and when delays occur. My philosophy is to be better safe than sorry.

Anyway, the new EAD will have a starting date from the end of the current EAD. So you will not loose anything by applying early.

Here is the application procedure for EAD. I got that from the BCIS website. The address of filing is 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX.

Employment Authorization Documents (EAD):
Form I-765 for Employment Authorization can be obtained in person at the Houston District Office located at 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX, by downloading it from the BCIS Website by clicking here or by calling the BCIS Forms Line at 1 (800) 870-3676 and request it be mailed to you.
Fees: The fee for this application is specified on the application. Or, you may also visit the Forms and Fees section of this website to determine the fee amount. Fees can be paid by cashier check, money order or certified check only. PERSONAL CHECKS AND CASH ARE NOT ACCEPTED .

Where: Form I-765 may be filed at our office, in person, or mailed to the office at 126 Northpoint, Houston, TX.

Documents needed: Identification (Texas Driver's License, Passport, Texas ID Card or previous EAD card, etc.) and proof of pending petition.

Process: It takes approximately up to 90 days to process this application. You will then receive a letter asking you to come, in person, to our office to be processed for the card. You will be photographed before your EAD is issued.

EAD operating hours are 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Expedited requests are processed on Wednesday and Thursday.

If you have not received the letter after 90 days: You may come to our office with all the supporting documents mentioned above, along with your receipt to be processed for your EAD card. You need to come during the EAD operating hours on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM. After going through the line, you must obtain a ticket and then go to the EAD unit for your inquiry. In most cases, you will receive an "expedite" notice

Have fun!

Thanks.

Thanks Wella. I thought that I would get the EAD in mail if I send it through mail. But as per the message, though we send the application through mail, we still need to go and get it finger printed. Do I need to send my passport pictures also with the application?

later.

neha123,

No you do not need to send any pictures or copies of the passport. The documents needed are:

1- copy of your receipt notice of I-485,
2- copy of your transfer notice to Houston,
3- copy of your current EAD (front and back),
4- the application and the fees,

After you send that in the mail, they will send you a letter (about 60 days later) for appointment saying come to the office at a specific date and time to be processed for the EAD.

On that date, when you go to the office, you do not need to stand in line. Show the appointment letter to the guard at the gate and he will let you in right away. Then you go directly to the EAD section. They will take a picture of you and a fingerprint, then they will give you the card. All in about one hour.

It really is very simple. Have done it three times so far.

Good luck to you!

P.S. Check the zip code for the Northpoint address on the web before sending.

Wella

Thanks my friend. Do you know what RD's (for 485) they are processing at Houston?? what is your RD?? mine is 11/01. Dunno if a interview will be scheduled atleast by the end of the year.

neha123,

You are welcome my friend.

For the last six months they have been showing RD of March 2001. AILA website says it takes Houston about 790 days from the RD to process a case. But who knows. Mr RD is 11/00 (do not be scared).

By the way, when you send your EAD application mark the envelop with big letters "EAD appilcation".

Also, since when you go for the EAD photograph you will not be standing in line and will be let in right away, take the opportunity and ask for an enquiry form "if you can" sometimes they let you, and sometimes they will not. It may be worth trying.

I think Houston asking us to fingerprint means they have taken our case for processing and our interviews should happen anytime...am I too optimistic?

I pray to God that you are right. I was last fingerprinted in Feb 2003. May be that will put an end to the sleepless nights.

Cheers,

May be its True

Lets keep our fingers crossed. I wish we get interviewed soon. I have one more question regarding the salary. My employer mentioned a salary of 65K in my labor. Right now am making way above that was specified. Wud this be a problem.I asked my attorney, he said that shouldnt be a problem, but just wanted to double check.
Last time when I have been to the BCIS office (Greenspoint) I filled a enquiry form. I didnt hear anything from them yet. I seriously doubt it if they would even look at the enquires.

Last edited by a moderator:
neha123,

Based on my readings here and on other sites, people indicate that an increase in salary should not be a problem as long as your job description is still the same. One opion even goes that with the long wait of the BCIS they should expect some progression in ones career.

Even if it comes to a legal argument, one can always rely on AC21 as long as the job is "same or similar." In other words, you can always claim the use of AC21 with "same or similar" job as long as your application has been pending for more than 180 days.

The bottom line is salary increase should not be a problem.

As far as enquiries. My view is that they are useless. I have been to the Houston office three times already, my lawyer send three written enquiries; and so far no response.

Cheers,

Wella

Hopefully it should be no problem as am still working for the same employer who sponsered my GC.

later.

share this with you guys

Hi wella and naha123:
once i visited Houston office around 10:30 am something, they were out of numbers for case check, but i told them my name shown in one of those notices is wrong(I did not lie) and i just wanna check this. They give me a inquiry form with a number and noted: check name ONLY. after I had my name checked. I asked the officer if I can ask one more question and she said of course. then I asked her to check my case status and she did it. Sometime they are nice and flexible.
by the way, I have a feeling that you guys will soon have your interview by the end of this month. I really feel that.

Thanks for the good feelings!

NICE'N PATIENT, I pray to God that you are right. It really has been a very long journey as you know from your own experience. Once again thanks for the good wishings!

Cheers,
wella

Thanks Dude.

I wish I hear something pretty soon. Why do you think there might be an interview by the end of the month? is there any relation between the fp's and interview??

later.