Submitted RFE recently and waiting for approval

use this one for further updates. While sorting please make sure you select all fields.. I noticed that last sort had all the UPDATE dates messed up.

Thanks,

I had just one finger printing.
My ND is 08/23/2004
I had my FP done on 04/18/2003
It was due to expire on 07/18/2004 (15 months)

Fortunately my approval came in before that.

Added FP to the XL sheet

One feeling is that the approvals are of those whose second FP is due soon.
Also, it is not exactly 15 months from your first FP.
Just to check that as well, I've added the first FP column.

If all the users of this tracker could update it, it'll be great.
Thanks.

Salary on RFE letter

Dose the salary have to match(or in the range of 5% lower) our Laber Cercificate when we reply the RFE letter?

GRCA-2002 said:
updated for my FP1.
Bhartiy, your and mine FP1 dates are close.. we very well be getting FP2.

But that's exactly I am hoping does not happen.

If you see the excel worksheet in the thread started by kshashikanth..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=794519#post794519

The approximate duration between the 1st fp and 2nd fp is 16 to 19 months in most of the cases.

We may be nearing the 2nd fp and that I think, is the reason our cases are chosen for RFE.
A 2nd fp is at no cost to the filer. All the expenses are borne by USCIS. I feel that would be one way of cutting cost and also expediting the approvals.
My 2 cents.

Could someone help me out here...much appreciated

Chicago Local Office for Stamping......Please Advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone.

I have received my approval on 05/24.....and willl be going to the Chicago office for stamping...

Could anyone with similar expericnce help me out and tell me about their experience and some of the following things :-

1. What Time should I go
2. Do I need appointment
3. What should I carry with me
4. What should I be careful about saying or not saying to the INS officer.
5. Should I be worried about anything or is stamping is a formality after approval.
6. How many days does the letters take to reach by post.

Any help is much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------
RD: 08/2002
ND: 08/2002
RFE: 04/05/2004 (Employment)
RFE: Response received: 05/11/2004
Case Updated: 5/11...5/14
Aproved: 05/24/2004

bhartiy said:
But that's exactly I am hoping does not happen.

If you see the excel worksheet in the thread started by kshashikanth..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=794519#post794519

The approximate duration between the 1st fp and 2nd fp is 16 to 19 months in most of the cases.

We may be nearing the 2nd fp and that I think, is the reason our cases are chosen for RFE.
A 2nd fp is at no cost to the filer. All the expenses are borne by USCIS. I feel that would be one way of cutting cost and also expediting the approvals.
My 2 cents.
Probably thats true. Which state, category are u from?

bhartiy and GRCA-2002,
Since 2nd FP is an expenditure on USCIS, all those who already got 2nd FP, did not hear anything from USCIS. observation from sep/oct trackers...
Since last one week, a question is bothering me!!! I may be wrong...
Is USCIS waiting for these candidates to apply for 3rd EAD, so as to collect some revenue..., and process 485 before approving 3rd EAD (3rd EAD would be useless and need not be approved).

peace_of_mind , you have a valid point although I am not sure if the folks at the USCIS are such "Strategic Thinkers". Also , if one applies for an EAD , it does cost them money to process another application and print / mail another card. However , I do feel that if I file for my 3rd EAD , there is a chance that since they would touch my case anyways it might get adjudicated.

maverick1976,
You made a point that applying for 3rd EAD will let your 485 application to be touched..., chance of getting adjudicated. The same point, I was trying to analyze in terms of more revenue....
As far as strategic thinking is concerned, present day policy makers/management do not think of rendering good service..., they think only of earning/saving more money. Printing/mailing another EAD card is just use of existing infrastructure, maintenence cost may be less than $10, but the fee we pay with EAD application is greater than 10 times $10.

one more data point...

RD 2/27/02
ND 3/21/02

RFE_received 4/28/04
AD 5/24/04 :)
updates (after sending RFE reply)
4/28, 4/29, 5/3, 5/25

Good luck to everybody waiting, your time will come!