Stuck in name check with new rules after May '06

I know everyone is anxious to get their interview letter but really...you all need to chill out a little bit.

I applied in June 06 and will be done in Feb 07...that's a total of 8 months.

Most of you applied towards the end of 2006 and are already nagging about things??? :confused:

I'm sorry..give me a break :rolleyes: Just relax...good things happen to those who wait.

happigal said:
I know everyone is anxious to get their interview letter but really...you all need to chill out a little bit.

I applied in June 06 and will be done in Feb 07...that's a total of 8 months.

Most of you applied towards the end of 2006 and are already nagging about things??? :confused:

I'm sorry..give me a break :rolleyes: Just relax...good things happen to those who wait.

Was your name check pending?

Interview date is still a go

I called 1-800 office, and IO told me my Interview date 2/6/07 (next tuesday) is still a go.

Don't know status of Name Check. I was told the report/status will go directly to the District Office's officer who would be conducting the interview, and he would tell me the most upto date status. I was told if they had descheduled the interview, I would have known by now and their system would have been updated, so I was led to believe that everything looks good.

eo23 said:
Was your name check pending?

If you think about it...everyone initially is "stuck" in name check :cool:

Even if the FBI site states that most name checks are done within 48 - 72 hours, do you really think that this really happens??? :rolleyes:

As far as I know my name check was never an issue and San Jose DO seems to have always been slower than other DOs when it comes to folks getting their Interview letters.

Just because some folks get their stuff processed a little quicker than others, does not mean that "you're stuck in name check". There could be other factors that are holding things up. The IO can always just be giving everyone a generic answer since that is what most people ask when they get up to the window to ask about the status of their case. Do you really think that the IO at the window really knows what's going on with the case??? Most of the time, they give you a 2 second answer and hope that it's enough to get you to say "Thanks...that's it. I have no more questions".

All I'm saying is quit whinning about the time it's taking since most bureaucracies don't tend to be very efficient and just go with the flow. I'm sure within a 6 mth window or there abouts, most things will be done anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still stuck

still waiting... since last April!

does anyone care?
NO, definitely not the .. argh .. nevermind!
i know you guys do. i love you too :)

and do i wake up at nights weeping?
YES! UNCONTROLLABLY!!
waiting for someone to console me and tell me "everything's going to be okay". oh, she can't! she's in a different part of the world.. waiting for me to get her here.

guess who acts like a total loser and a downer all the time recounting every day of the past 9 months of the name check ordeal in excruciating detail to people who could care less?
YES, THAT'D BE ME..

how many days have i missed checking my mailbox the moment i get back home in the past 9 months?
NONE! NOT ONE! WHY DON'T THEY DELIVER ON SUNDAYS TOO, DAMMIT!!

can i speed dial the USCIS 800 number and the options to check status in less than 15 seconds?
YES! SOMETIMES EVEN LESS

how many people at the other end of the USCIS phone line have humiliated me, made me feel utterly helpless and then asked "is there anything else i can help you with?" like seriously!
ENOUGH TO MAKE ME FEEL EMASCULATED! DON'T KNOW HOW MANY YEARS OF THERAPY IT WOULD TAKE TO RECOVER...

if humanity were measured in Kilograms, how much of it would you find in and around the INFO PASS OFFICES?
UMM, THAT'D BE A DEFINITE Z E R O !!!!

have people started wondering "there must definitely be something wrong with this dude or this wouldn't be happening to him?"
YES! HE ALSO HAS A BEARD! DOESN'T DRINK. DISSES THE FOX NEWS CHANNEL. EVEN HAS AN OPINION! hmmmm....

have i suddenly started believing in a higher force that's punishing me for the sins i must have surely committed?
OH YES!

do i wish i was born with the name "I Be Clean"?
YES!! OR ANY NAME THAT CLEARED
(can someone publish a list for the people filling out N-400s now - still time to change their names :)

what do i tell people who say "your name is oh-so-cool/unique/pretty/exotic?"
WISH YOU WERE A NAME CHECKER (or wrote the name check algorithm, based on who's complimenting)

yeah i know people have been waiting longer than me - is that any consolation?
HELL NO! GIVE US _ALL_ YEARS OF LIVES THAT WE LOST BEING TORMENTED BACK!!!

do i look skywards and let a scream out every time someone tries to make this a non-issue like happigal is doing?
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH YESSS!!
(happigal - i appreciate your attitude and positivity though. i wish i could have retained that attitude after i found out my application was current and my name's still causing issues :)

am i going insane?
YES!!!

and yes, i am accepting bids from hollywood producers looking to buy the rights to my life story. i guarantee a sure tear jerker! if the audience doesn't leave the theaters bawling, you get your money back!

--

you know you're in trouble when even the lawyers won't return your calls after they learn what you want help with!

Last edited by a moderator:
helpMoi,
Hang in there dude, I can understand your pain.
Patience will lead you to your destiny.

In the meantime, stop checking your mailbox more than once everyday.
goodluck!

I got my FOIPA request back from FBI with no result. The date on the letter says Jan. 12, 2007, so it took more than a month to get a response from FBI.
As others have stated, this process doesn't expedite your name check process but helps your WOM case. If somebody wants to file FOIPA request, here's what I did.

1) Fill out and sign the form http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf
2) Mail the form out to
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Record Information/Dissemination Section (RIDS)
Service Request Unit, Room 6359
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 2053
Try to use certified mail or use some sort of delivery confirmation.

good information.would apprecate if u explain more.

"check process but helps your WOM case"

what does this mean ???

thanks/kab

Hi Guys, I want to try to contact congressman or Senator , I did a google of Senator+ 11101 ( my zip code), it did show 3 names of close Senator on my area. some of them is not some zip code ( Can I contact him too even is not same zip code?) and do I have to make sure is a Senator for immigration or as long as is a Senator or congressman is fine?

I'll keep you guy posted. Thank You in advance!

i would highly appreciate if somebody provide me the sample letter which can i use to communite with my senetors.

thanks/kab

that's what i find

A Senator George Onorato www.nyssenate12.com
2811 Astoria Blvd, Astoria, 11102 - (718) 545-9706
Get directions - More information

B New York Senator John Sabini maps.google.com
3507 88th St, Flushing, 11372 - (718) 639-8469

C Senator Hillary R Clinton clinton.senate.gov
780 3rd Ave # 2601, New York, 10017 - (212) 688-6262

Do you guys think I should contact them? Or am I out of my mind? specially Hillary R Clinton I don't think she will have time for me.

kab901 said:
good information.would apprecate if u explain more.

"check process but helps your WOM case"

what does this mean ???

thanks/kab

It means that if enough time has passed, probably more than a year with your case and you file a law suit (WOM) against USCIS, then you can use the FOIPA response as evidence.

Jonny123 said:
that's what i find

A Senator George Onorato www.nyssenate12.com
2811 Astoria Blvd, Astoria, 11102 - (718) 545-9706

B New York Senator John Sabini maps.google.com
3507 88th St, Flushing, 11372 - (718) 639-8469

C Senator Hillary R Clinton clinton.senate.gov
780 3rd Ave # 2601, New York, 10017 - (212) 688-6262

Do you guys think I should contact them? Or am I out of my mind? specially Hillary R Clinton I don't think she will have time for me.
Jonny123,
Your FP's were done on 11/20/2006. I think it is too soon to start contacting congress people. Wait at least 2-4 AFTER FP. Then schedule an InfoPass and find out what happened.

what do u suggest friend.mine FP was done on Jun 29 06. should I start contacting my congressman /senetors now ??

I would get InfoPass and ask BCIS what your case status is since they should be processing your case now (most DOs are processing priority date of June 15th).

If you don't get any information from InfoPass, then I would say contact your Senator/Congressman for assistance.

Good Luck!

don't mean to discourage you with my li'l anecdote below - your mileage may vary.. hope it does!

when i called the congressman's office, the lady that handles the immigration cases for that congressman said something to the effect of - "you just gotta wait. it'll take time. look at your background. it's the reality today. just deal with it!"

the only thing she knew about my background was from my name! 2 cents to the one that guesses what that could be.

Guys, tks for your replys.

I did have two info pass already , I uptade my timeline details about infopass , please see below.

and here is what happened during:

1/10/07 Fist Infopass ( Told Case pending)
1/31/07 Second Infopass (Didn't want to provide much details with me except background check pending and Case pending)

2/3/07: Call couples lawyers:
1)most of them say is normal there is nothing they can do and ask me to wait,
2)Only one of them, who is secretary of lawyer told me she will do it, charger is around $600. And they will guarantee me to get a interview letter within 3 month, but about FBI background check is another thing, they will charger extra. Will that really works guarantee to get my interview within 3 month?
3) I am still thinking to call couple more to see what's other opinions

Mean while I am thinking about to contact senator or congressman on my own.

Update

I called 800 number today. Was told that it's normal for the N-400 process to last 7 months these days. USCIS counts timeline from PD to date of interview. Following that time, they will put a service request if IL has not been received.