Stuck in name check with new rules after May '06

mimo_yyy said:
Well, I just came back from my first Infopass in the Dallas office.
Here is the status:
- Asked the IM about my case. He checked it and said, "it is still pending".
He said that the case is still in the Texas Service center where they are collecting all the information.
- Then I asked him to check specifically for the "Name Check"
He checked it and informed my that it is still "Pending".

- Then I asked him about the new system where USCIS will be able to process the NC themselves. I presented him with the first few pages of the following links:

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_bcs.pdf

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/uscisbackgroundcheck.html

He was very interested in this new system and indicated that this will help things move faster.
He even took a copy of the pages to ask someone who comes from the central USCIS.

Regards,
mimo_yyy

I wish I could provide something like that to the person I talked to during my infopass. He/She wouldn't even let me talk an extra sentence since they "know" everything. It happens only in NYC i guess.

joining the club....

went to infopass in mid-dec, as FutureUSCitizen said, I mostly got cut of by the staff, no chance to ask further question except one --

managed to tell her that me and my husband are relocating overseas this spring (in fact, my husband is leaving end of this month), asked what could be done if i don't hear from INS. all she said was that i should be receiving IL by then.

now is then. still hear nothing....

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx

wooying said:
joining the club....

went to infopass in mid-dec, as FutureUSCitizen said, I mostly got cut of by the staff, no chance to ask further question except one --

managed to tell her that me and my husband are relocating overseas this spring (in fact, my husband is leaving end of this month), asked what could be done if i don't hear from INS. all she said was that i should be receiving IL by then.

now is then. still hear nothing....

my dates (D/O: NYC)
submit N400 - 8/31/06
receipt date - 9/5/06
priority date - 9/5/06
checks cashed - 9/7/06
notice date - 9/12/06
received receipt notice - 9/18/06
fp notice date - 9/14/06
received fp notice - 9/20/06
fp appointment - 9/25/06
interview- xx/xx/xx
wooying,

Unfortunately you are stuck. Contact your Congeressman and Senator.

INFOPASS experience in Kansas City

Hi all,

My wife completed her N-400 interview this morning at Kansas City DO. It was a breeze...in and out in 10 minutes.

Only documents asked were passport, GC, driver's license and interview letter. Civic questions were out of old 100 questions ... pilot questions were not asked. English exam was simple. Then she was made to sign her photos and congratulated with N-652. She was told oath will be in 6-8 weeks.

Wife PD: Oct 10, 2006
FP Date: Oct 26, 2006
Received IL: Nov 29, 2006
Interview: Jan 11, 2007
Oath: Awaiting

I have not received my interview letter as yet even though we have name priority dates. I took an INFOPASS and was told that my background check was pending. They guy was very nice and relaxed. Told me the DO cannot do anything until they receive file from NSC. My wife also checked with her IO about my case after her interview and she was told it was most likely background but not to worry since my PD is only Oct 2006. Most likely will be resolved in a month or so.

The good news, You are not alone here.
I am in the same situation.

Filed N400: 10/13/2006
DO: Dallas
FP done: 10/31/2006
Interview Letter for my wife received: 12/23/2006
My wife Interview is scheduled on: 02/20/2007
Interview Letter for me: ????

Let's keep each other posted since we filed our cases around the same date.
You can send me e-mail if you would like to. I am allowing receiving e-mails.

Reagrds,
mimo_yyy

Guys , can anybody answere this.
If interview is done and Oath is pedning.

"Time limit is 120 days to get Oath after interview."

is above state is true or there is no time limit

mimo_yyy said:
The good news, You are not alone here.
I am in the same situation.

Filed N400: 10/13/2006
DO: Dallas
FP done: 10/31/2006
Interview Letter for my wife received: 12/23/2006
My wife Interview is scheduled on: 02/20/2007
Interview Letter for me: ????

Let's keep each other posted since we filed our cases around the same date.
You can send me e-mail if you would like to. I am allowing receiving e-mails.

Reagrds,
mimo_yyy

Agree. Let's keep in touch and post updates here as well.

bit of a good news

:) :)

Finally got the good news - I got the IL for Feb 23.
PD - 9/14/06
FP - 10/2/06
IL - 1/18/06
ID - 2/21/07
OATH -??

I am based in Iowa so NSC was the service center. I can't believe I was stuck in name check for so long - I have such an unique last name. Anyway, don't worry dudes, patience is the key. I used to worry and visit the forum almost everyday initially but later just stopped visiting the forum and decide to let the process run its course. Just by worrying, nothing's gonna happen. The forum like this has been a great help no doubt about that, but at the same time it creates panics that we can all live without.

gandu123 said:

Finally got the good news - I got the IL for Feb 23.
PD - 9/14/06
FP - 10/2/06
IL - 1/18/06
ID - 2/21/07
OATH -??

I am based in Iowa so NSC was the service center. I can't believe I was stuck in name check for so long - I have such an unique last name. Anyway, don't worry dudes, patience is the key. I used to worry and visit the forum almost everyday initially but later just stopped visiting the forum and decide to let the process run its course. Just by worrying, nothing's gonna happen. The forum like this has been a great help no doubt about that, but at the same time it creates panics that we can all live without.

yes, gandu is a unique name, I have never heard that name before. Good for you gandu.

Very funny

he he he ...
Very funny. Until 10 years ago I had no idea what gandu meant.
That's what you learn when you hang out with Pakistanis and Indians in College. Didn't mean to be derogatory or anything - I respect all god's children. Strangely enough, for some reason that word just stuck with me.

No updates from my side. Still waiting for IL. Looks like we are all in this for the long haul...I just plan to wait until the processing dates on USCIS website gets closer to my priority dates and that seems like another 4 months.

Until then, I plan to hang out on this forum and keep posting updates as they arrive. INFOPASS or calls into the 1-800 number have not been too useful.

Yup, another waiter in the wings! Very frustrating! I have sent letters to my senators, need to follow up with the immigration liaison in their offices this week. Will update if I hear anything constructive.

jeevs007 said:
Yup, another waiter in the wings! Very frustrating! I have sent letters to my senators, need to follow up with the immigration liaison in their offices this week. Will update if I hear anything constructive.

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with a paralegal, I am consulting a lawyer the day of my infopass January 30th and the lawyer might actually come with me to the infopass and find out more of whats going on.

Will keep you guys posted.

MissMolina said:
I don't think they will allow your lawyer in during an infopass. Goodluck!

Have you had a similar experience or do you someone who had a similar issue? Either way, the lawfirm mentioned they are able to do so, I will find out next week.

Stuck in Name Check

Filed N400: 10/11/2006
DO: Newark / VSC
FP done: 10/27/2006
Interview Letter for spouse received: 12/13/2006
Spouse Interview is scheduled on: 02/13/2007
Interview Letter for me: ???